Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers during hurricane Matthew

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
We are on the coast of Georgia and we are in the cone and its getting closer and closer to us.. We are in the evacuation zone if they call to evacuate .. Could you think about us during the storm and its not as bad as it looks , that weakens. They are also saying it going to loop and come back to the east coast again too. If we dont have to evacuate we will lose power but we have a generator and we are stocked up to with our hurricane supplies and all cars are filled with gas..

My family will be keeping you and yours in our prayers. We're further inland (Georgia). If you don't want to stay where you're at,you are welcome to bring your family here. We've got plenty of room, Lovebears.
(just send me an email here & I'll send you our ph. no. so we can give you directions)

Last edited:
I also need your prayers.
Facing an earthquake threat ( swarming 10/3 salton sea area) to the west coast and high probability of heavy pounding of hurricane Mathew to the east. Wondering if almighty is pissed off at me.
My other house is Key Biscayne, Florida. Only my live house sitter live there but he already evacuated. Mathew will touch down tomorrow night Thursday by Miami. Coincidentally my daughter and her family are here in California to attend a wedding this Saturday. Other close families and friends are all evacuated. I know my house will be okay from strong winds except flooding. My boat was moved inlet two days ago that but strong winds of 125mph punch will not stand no chance.

Facing an earthquake threat ( swarming 10/3 salton sea area) to the west coast and high probability of heavy pounding of hurricane Mathew to the east. Wondering if almighty is pissed off at me.
My other house is Key Biscayne, Florida. Only my live house sitter live there but he already evacuated. Mathew will touch down tomorrow night Thursday by Miami. Coincidentally my daughter and her family are here in California to attend a wedding this Saturday. Other close families and friends are all evacuated. I know my house will be okay from strong winds except flooding. My boat was moved inlet two days ago that but strong winds of 125mph punch will not stand no chance.
I see this as an opportunity for you to see the goodness of God because He says it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. And Charwin, there is no one on earth who has not had the need to repent before so do not take that as condemnation. I see it as grounds to petition God and ask Him to protect you and your family, not to allow your home to be flooded or your boat to be destroyed. I am believing God for you to receive all of this as a token of his love towards you and that by doing so He will give you a greater understanding of His goodness and His mercy because truly the times ahead will require us to walk very closely to Him. I will be praying for you tonight with my prayer partner. Keep in mind that God is a very compassionate and merciful God. God loves you more than anyone on this earth could ever love you. He is near to you now. Talk to him and tell him what is on your heart. He will listen to you. He is longing to hear from you.

I will be thinking of you as events unfold. My wishes are for your safety and the safety and comfort of those you care for. I live in Lake City, Florida, and don't expect anything other than a moderate to heavy rainstorm.

Fellow Americans in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina need all the prayers they can get.

Hurricane Matthew: Florida gov. warns 'this storm will kill you' - CNN.com

Hurricane Matthew has strengthened into a Category 4 hurricane with winds of 140 mph and gusts up to 165 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center. Matthew continues to head towards Florida's east coast and is expected to hit the coast late Thursday or early Friday. As of 11 a.m. ET, it was located about 180 miles southeast of West Palm Beach and was moving northwest at 14 mph.

I see this as an opportunity for you to see the goodness of God because He says it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. And Charwin, there is no one on earth who has not had the need to repent before so do not take that as condemnation. I see it as grounds to petition God and ask Him to protect you and your family, not to allow your home to be flooded or your boat to be destroyed. I am believing God for you to receive all of this as a token of his love towards you and that by doing so He will give you a greater understanding of His goodness and His mercy because truly the times ahead will require us to walk very closely to Him. I will be praying for you tonight with my prayer partner. Keep in mind that God is a very compassionate and merciful God. God loves you more than anyone on this earth could ever love you. He is near to you now. Talk to him and tell him what is on your heart. He will listen to you. He is longing to hear from you.

Thank you Book of Jeremiah. Most of the people I know that live in Key Biscayne already evacuated but I was told that there are about 6 in my neighborhood decided to stay.

Key Biscayne before hurricane Mathew. Praying that will remain her beauty after Mathew passed by.

c3bbea365d7e10c02a1fb8d82b223abd.png

0b5cf6e3b228d115023ab7088546ac73.png

Thank you Book of Jeremiah. Most of the people I know that live in Key Biscayne already evacuated but I was told that there are about 6 in my neighborhood decided to stay.
The Lord is good. I prayed over the entire Key Biscayne area about an hour ago. That the LORD would push that storm back and leave Key Biscayne untouched. I prayed for your needs last night and the Lord heard and answered. I never saw any pictures of Key Biscayne before today I don't think. It certainly is a beautiful place. Thank you for posting the photographs, Charwin!

We are on the coast of Georgia and we are in the cone and its getting closer and closer to us.. We are in the evacuation zone if they call to evacuate .. Could you think about us during the storm and its not as bad as it looks , that weakens. They are also saying it going to loop and come back to the east coast again too. If we dont have to evacuate we will lose power but we have a generator and we are stocked up to with our hurricane supplies and all cars are filled with gas..

We are all praying for you and your family. Mathew is heading your way. Good luck. I will be thinking of you.

Miami, Key Biscayne and other counties was just lucky. Thank you lord.

We are all praying for you and your family. Mathew is heading your way. Good luck. I will be thinking of you.

Miami, Key Biscayne and other counties was just lucky. Thank you lord.
The LORD pushed the storm back to protect your house, your boat and Key Biscayne (along with people who stayed behind) because you had the good sense to ask for prayer believing God was able. The people who prayed have a John 15:7 covenant with Jesus Christ, Charwin. Miami and the other counties had people praying for the Lord's protection and again - it was by the covenant of John 15:7 the people and their property were covered. It had nothing to do with luck. It was Jesus Christ who answered and to Him alone belongs the glory.

Bible Gateway passage: John 15:7 - King James Version

Something I learned some time ago is the origin of the word luck comes from Lucifer. We should never say good luck or bad luck because God is the one in full control and He alone deserves all the credit. I realize many people have no idea as they do not know the origin of the word luck and so I thought it important to mention this.

Last edited:
Thank you for the prayers , we ended up evacuating since our whole county was . Not to much damage ( minus fridge and freezer stuff) at my house but down a few miles away they had flooding and more damage .. I am just happy we had a safe place to evacuate too ( my moms house) and did not have to worry about a hotel

Thank you for the prayers , we ended up evacuating since our whole county was . Not to much damage ( minus fridge and freezer stuff) at my house but down a few miles away they had flooding and more damage .. I am just happy we had a safe place to evacuate too ( my moms house) and did not have to worry about a hotel
To God be the glory for this good news! Jesus Christ is Most Wonderful!

Glad to hear everyone is safe. Thank you for the update.

Forum List

Back