Picture This

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
I recently responded to an assertion by someone that all of the generations effected by slavery are gone. I told them that my 81 year old husband, who is a black man, has often talked to me about his feelings regarding what was done to his people. If he were to express his anger violently, he would be locked up. If he tries to express it verbally, he is told to "forget about it." His response is usually, "You want me to forget MY history? Do you forget about yours?" So he's held his anger in - for a very long time. And like so many black folks in this country, suffers from high blood pressure.

I'm just wondering if people would be willing to do something here. If you have seen Birth of a Nation, or Roots, or Free State of Jones, you have pictures in your mind of white folks beating black folks. Can you reverse that? Can you picture the black people with the whips? Can you picture the white folks in chains? Being sold on a platform? Can you picture white women being raped by black slave owners? Can you picture black folks as masters and white folks as slaves?

And if you can, how does it make you feel? And if you can, will it be easily forgotten? If you can, will it be easily rationalized? And if you can, will it be easily forgiven?

I recently responded to an assertion by someone that all of the generations effected by slavery are gone. I told them that my 81 year old husband, who is a black man, has often talked to me about his feelings regarding what was done to his people. If he were to express his anger violently, he would be locked up. If he tries to express it verbally, he is told to "forget about it." His response is usually, "You want me to forget MY history? Do you forget about yours?" So he's held his anger in - for a very long time. And like so many black folks in this country, suffers from high blood pressure.

I'm just wondering if people would be willing to do something here. If you have seen Birth of a Nation, or Roots, or Free State of Jones, you have pictures in your mind of white folks beating black folks. Can you reverse that? Can you picture the black people with the whips? Can you picture the white folks in chains? Being sold on a platform? Can you picture white women being raped by black slave owners? Can you picture black folks as masters and white folks as slaves?

And if you can, how does it make you feel? And if you can, will it be easily forgotten? If you can, will it be easily rationalized? And if you can, will it be easily forgiven?

Don't ask me, I'm still blaming my parents for all my problems.

People in America has always done very vile deeds but to suffer for your fathers sins or to suffer your fathers griefs will never produce a better present or future. You can learn from their sins and losses but to let your self feel success or grief because of the actions of the ones before you always seemed like nonsense to me.
Feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong with this thought.

People in America has always done very vile deeds but to suffer for your fathers sins or to suffer your fathers griefs will never produce a better present or future. You can learn from their sins and losses but to let your self feel success or grief because of the actions of the ones before you always seemed like nonsense to me.

Shut the hell up dad.

Shut the hell up dad.
*Whips Belt

If he's angry over something that happened that long ago he needs counseling not an enabler. Oh and before you dismiss that know that I harbor no anger or hatred for what was done to my peoples long ago......... It's emotionally and psychologically healthy.

fe6c4cce4cff1523b317c4a901d1a954.jpg

I had a great-grandfather who was hung as a horse thief. That fact had practically no effect on my 30-year career in Telecommunications.

p641899432-4.jpg

Slavery ended in this country long before your husband was born. If he's harboring anger over that, against folks who, like him, had nothing to do with slavery, then he's got problem that are his own.

Your husband has absolutely no memory of what happened 150 years ago.

I am half Jewish and half native American. I have no memory of seeing people shoved into ovens or starving in concentration camps. I have no memory of the Trail of Tears or the Sand Creek Massacre.

So if your husband can dredge up memories of slavery he needs counseling.

And the Free State of Jones is a romanticized version of a man who had multiple black "wives" and beat them all.

The thing is...none of us alive are the people who did those things.

Why would I?

You are alluding to me, I suppose. American Slavery died effectively in 1865. Done, gone. We can argue about the effects, but that's subjective as hell. I have seen and heard black kids do some pretty despicable things. That has psychologically harmed me, too . Not in pictures, but in actions. Nobody can apologize their way out of that.Given THAT, I am am not sure who owes who an apology. Or what difference it makes.

Last edited:
I am half Jewish

I don't want to frustrate you, but there really is no such thing as fractional Judaism. If you're mother was a Jew, then you're 100% Jewish. If your mother wasn't a Jew, then you're 0% Jewish. It's a binary state.

The concept of fractional Judaism, ironically enough, originated with the Nazis. In order to categorize people as 'untermenschen', they were forced to define Judaism not as a cultural distinction, but as one of "blood". If you were Mischiling (mixed-blood), in essence descended from Jewish and non-Jewish parents or grandparents, the degree of parentage determined whether you got to call yourself German or got sent to the gas chambers.

Somehow, this very un-Jewish concept of fractional Judaism managed to insinuate itself into the popular culture so deeply that even some Jews refer to half/quarter Jews as if that were an actual thing.

I am half Jewish

I don't want to frustrate you, but there really is no such thing as fractional Judaism. If you're mother was a Jew, then you're 100% Jewish. If your mother wasn't a Jew, then you're 0% Jewish. It's a binary state.

The concept of fractional Judaism, ironically enough, originated with the Nazis. In order to categorize people as 'untermenschen', they were forced to define Judaism not as a cultural distinction but as one of "blood". If you were Mischiling (mixed-blood), in essence descended from Jewish and non-Jewish parents or grandparents, the degree of parentage determined whether you got to call yourself German or got sent to the gas chambers.

Somehow, this very un-Jewish concept of fractional Judaism managed to insinuate itself into the popular culture so deeply that even some Jews refer to half/quarter Jews as if that was an actual thing.

In a funny but not so funny quote...a Jewish/Italian (father was Jewish) comedian was interviewed was interviewed recently on NPR and in a question about his heritage and being Jewish and visiting Israel his response was "Not Jewish enough for Israel, but Jewish enough for Auschwitz".

You have already outed yourself as an anti-white racist in another thread. However you are likely too old to matter anymore. At your age your womb shriveled up and died long ago. Hopefully you do not already have children (especially sons) because, given your penchant for starting hate whitey threads, you seem obsessed with hating white people. You come off like such a virulent racist that you would undoubtedly pass on that hatred to your unfortunate innocent offspring. If you do have any sons I'd bet a dollar to a penny that they have been incarcerated at one time or another for committing violent crimes against white people.

And you'd probably still blame whitey as they languished behind bars when it is you who doomed them to that fate from the get go by raising them to hate.

Please tell me you do not have children.

Last edited:
I am half Jewish

The concept of fractional Judaism, ironically enough, originated with the Nazis. In order to categorize people as 'untermenschen', they were forced to define Judaism not as a cultural distinction but as one of "blood". If you were Mischiling (mixed-blood), in essence descended from Jewish and non-Jewish parents or grandparents, the degree of parentage determined whether you got to call yourself German or got sent to the gas chambers.

Somehow, this very un-Jewish concept of fractional Judaism managed to insinuate itself into the popular culture so deeply that even some Jews refer to half/quarter Jews as if that was an actual thing.

In a funny but not so funny quote...a Jewish/Italian (father was Jewish) comedian was interviewed was interviewed recently on NPR and in a question about his heritage and being Jewish and visiting Israel his response was "Not Jewish enough for Israel, but Jewish enough for Auschwitz".

Groucho Marx and his family visited a hotel that was restricted. He was told that he couldn't use the pool. He asked, 'My daughter is only half Jewish, can she go in up to her waist?'

You have already outed yourself as an anti-white racist in another thread. However you are likely too old to matter anymore. At your age your womb shriveled up and died long ago. Hopefully you do not already have children (especially sons) because, given your penchant for starting hate whitey threads, you seem obsessed with hating white people. You come off like such a virulent racist that you would undoubtedly pass on that hatred to your unfortunate innocent offspring. If you do have any sons I'd bet a dollar to a penny that they have been incarcerated at one time or another for committing violent crimes against white people.

And you'd probably still blame whitey as they languished behind bars when it is you who doomed them to that fate from the get go by raising them to hate.

Judging fron your crude language, you sound like you're 3 bricks shy of a load.

Where has this person espoused anything that remotely resembles that she "hates" anyone?

I think your problem is that she stated that she is married to black person. Maybe you view her as a "race traitor"

I have decided to reply to this because I know what assumptions you will make if I do not. My beautiful biracial daughter is married. Her husband once said to me, (and I'm not making this up) "Thanks for doing such a good job of raising her. She's just perfect." He is blonde haired and blue eyed.

My son, I do not discuss with anyone other than family, friends and people in the mental health care system who have his best interest at heart, because he suffers from schizophrenia.

Like I said, I answered, but I believe that just like politicians say their families should be off limits, so should families of posters on this board.

Judging fron your crude language, you sound like you're 3 bricks shy of a load.

Where has this person espoused anything that remotely resembles that she "hates" anyone?

I think your problem is that she stated that she is married to black person. Maybe you view her as a "race traitor"
I agree. I sometimes wonder if I had not stated that fact, if some would have responded differently to my words. I do get the sense that some feel I am a race traitor. No matter - I know my heart!

I have decided to reply to this because I know what assumptions you will make if I do not. My beautiful biracial daughter is married. Her husband once said to me, (and I'm not making this up) "Thanks for doing such a good job of raising her. She's just perfect." He is blonde haired and blue eyed.

My son, I do not discuss with anyone other than family, friends and people in the mental health care system who have his best interest at heart, because he suffers from schizophrenia.

Like I said, I answered, but I believe that just like politicians say their families should be off limits, so should families of posters on this board.
In other words I was correct. You created a monster. You turned him into a sociopath doomed to a life of incarceration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back