Photos of school lunches around the world

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The school lunches that shame America: Photos reveal just how meager US students' meals are compared to even the most cash-strapped of nations
  • Korean schools serve hearty fish soup and fermented cabbage, kimchi while Greece, Spain and France all serve fresh meat, vegetables and fish
  • However, students in the world's richest nation lunches are the unhealthiest with lots of processed items
  • The contrasts between America's school meals and those in far less fortunate economies are stark and suggest Michelle Obama's push for more healthful lunches nationwide may not be giving kids enough to eat

Read more: Photos of school lunches served around the world reveal how meager America s meals are Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Further proof that Mrs Obama is right to try to change what we're feeding our school kids.

I could not agree more! Those lunches pictured are what all humans should be eating! Unfortunately many Americans prefer all that is unhealthy and demand that it's their right to eat crap.

The school lunches that shame America: Photos reveal just how meager US students' meals are compared to even the most cash-strapped of nations
  • Korean schools serve hearty fish soup and fermented cabbage, kimchi while Greece, Spain and France all serve fresh meat, vegetables and fish
  • However, students in the world's richest nation lunches are the unhealthiest with lots of processed items
  • The contrasts between America's school meals and those in far less fortunate economies are stark and suggest Michelle Obama's push for more healthful lunches nationwide may not be giving kids enough to eat

Read more: Photos of school lunches served around the world reveal how meager America s meals are Daily Mail Online

Further proof that Mrs Obama is right to try to change what we're feeding our school kids.

Kimchi is an acquired taste if you aren't Korean. I like some Korean food but it took me years to get to where I could eat it straight. I actually started with a Hawaiian dip that I made once a year with one jar of kimchi and one package of cream cheese blended. Every year I tried a bit before it was mixed and about five years ago I was good with it.
I don't care how hearty a fish soup is, it's still a fish soup.

This should make people smile:
Home Page

Hate to break it to you Luddly but Michelle's lunch program is miserly and disgusting.

Just ask the kids. Read the article you put up.

25CCCD1900000578-2958640-image-m-18_1424270938401.jpg

25CCCD0D00000578-2958640-image-a-19_1424270946199.jpg

Thanks Michelle Obama? New school lunch rules backed by FLOTUS have students nationwide tweeting '#thanksMichelleObama' along with photos of meals like these

I mentioned this in another thread... (I'm a substitute teacher) I innocently enough asked the high schoolers about the lunches in the cafeteria and they all started making faces and mumbling something about Michelle Obama. The lunches may have been bad before, but in their opinion they are now much worse- and the portions are smaller.

Parents should be the ones providing lunch for their children, it isn't the schools job. Take the cafeterias out of the schools. Problem solved.

Hate to break it to you Luddly but Michelle's lunch program is miserly and disgusting.

Just ask the kids. Read the article you put up.

25CCCD1900000578-2958640-image-m-18_1424270938401.jpg

25CCCD0D00000578-2958640-image-a-19_1424270946199.jpg

Thanks Michelle Obama? New school lunch rules backed by FLOTUS have students nationwide tweeting '#thanksMichelleObama' along with photos of meals like these

Michelle has no sons------that little lunch is not even a snack for
a teenaged boy. -------it would have been ok for me as a teen----
but my mom is STILL complaining ---"you were not a good eater"---
she is 95-----has forgotten lots------but teenaged girl appetite still
haunts her. Someone should plant ten teenaged boys in the white
house for a month so that Michelle can LEARN

Forum List

Back