Phil Robertson advises men to marry 15 year-old girls

Disgusting that ^^^ some^^^ defend statutory rape and utterly stupid to blame the reporting site for what this monstrous slime said ON VIDEO.

Wouldn't be statutory rape here in MIssouri for instance. If married, it's an 'affirmative defense' being married to the stat rape charges.
It wouldn't be statutory rape anywhere if they were married.

Dunno about that. Sex laws rarely make any kind of sense so wouldn't put money on that one. :)

our world is falling apart and garbage leftwing sites like politicgarbageusa come out with the kind of nasty shit which I'm sure has been twisted into what he said.

shun that site folks. never click on their links

Were actually several sites confirming the quote. Pick one you like.

no thanks, I don't care. I have more important thing to rage about.

but politicausa is a nasty nasty site. and everyone here should shun them by not clicking the link and give them support of any kind

Great strategy. You could also stick your fingers in your ears and loudly say LALALALALALALALALA. That will work just as well. Either way, if you just pretend it didn't happen, you don't have to deal with it.

Jerry Lee Lewis married Myra when she was 13. No one much cared.

true, and isn't the Democrats pushing that 15-16 year old should be able to VOTE
They also push for abortions for that age... so these people don't really care about what Phil Roberson has to say. that is just more garbage the leftwing hates websites push on people.

"And now, via Cuepoint, comes fascinating insight into the relationship that pretty much destroyed Lewis’ career — his 1958 marriage to his 13-year-old third cousin, Myra Gale Brown. Today, she’s known as Myra Williams, and she’s a real-estate broker in Atlanta.

“They were looking for a place to stick the knife into rock & roll. And Jerry gave it to them—well, I did, I opened my mouth. That’s exactly what it was.” — Myra Williams

The shocking marriage was revealed during what was supposed to be a triumphant concert tour of England. (The fact that The Killer was still married to another woman also came to light at that time.) The British tabloids ripped Lewis to shreds, and his career “took a nosedive right into the concrete,” as Williams tells music journalist Alan Light. But that adversity also strengthened their relationship, she says:

“It was something that marked Jerry for life. We kept thinking every year, every six months, that it was going to go away, they’re going to stop talking about it, and it just didn’t happen. But it brought me and Jerry very close, and we had ten incredible, wonderful years together after that.”"
Myra Williams Jerry Lee Lewis 13-year-old bride speaks out Entertain This

How much of the outrage was about the marriage, and how much was about the music itself is a good question. But to say no one much cared is demonstratably false.

You might want to ask someone who was alive back then, or at least do a little research. There was international outrage over his marriage. Before then, there was some backlash to rock and roll in the US, but with the release of a story in England, the world went nuts.

"And now, via Cuepoint, comes fascinating insight into the relationship that pretty much destroyed Lewis’ career — his 1958 marriage to his 13-year-old third cousin, Myra Gale Brown. Today, she’s known as Myra Williams, and she’s a real-estate broker in Atlanta.

“They were looking for a place to stick the knife into rock & roll. And Jerry gave it to them—well, I did, I opened my mouth. That’s exactly what it was.” — Myra Williams

The shocking marriage was revealed during what was supposed to be a triumphant concert tour of England. (The fact that The Killer was still married to another woman also came to light at that time.) The British tabloids ripped Lewis to shreds, and his career “took a nosedive right into the concrete,” as Williams tells music journalist Alan Light. But that adversity also strengthened their relationship, she says:

“It was something that marked Jerry for life. We kept thinking every year, every six months, that it was going to go away, they’re going to stop talking about it, and it just didn’t happen. But it brought me and Jerry very close, and we had ten incredible, wonderful years together after that.”"
Myra Williams Jerry Lee Lewis 13-year-old bride speaks out Entertain This

How much of the outrage was about the marriage, and how much was about the music itself is a good question. But to say no one much cared is demonstratably false.
The only people who 'cared' were the British scandal rags. Back in the US there was very little interest.
You fucking dimwits don't realise that the world of rock and roll music where JLL was a star all had family members who were getting married in their early teens.

And voila,

Phil Robertson seen in new video saying men should marry girls when they are 15 or 16 Fox News

"Scandal
Phil Robertson seen in new video saying men should marry girls ‘when they are 15 or 16’"

You act like there's a problem here or something.
Next, I bet you'll be suggesting that men should only have one wife.

There was a problem prompting that post. Someone disputed the reliability of the link in the OP, so I got her another.

300px-Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg.png

Age of consent for heterosexual sex by country:
– puberty,
– less than 12 (void at present),
– 12,
– 13,
– 14,
– 15,
– 16,
– 17,
– 18,
– 19,
– 20,
– 21+, (void at present)
– varies by state/province/region/territory,
– must be married.
– no law. (void at present)
– no data available.

(Sorry, I couldn't get colors to paste but go to Age of consent - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia )

Why do I get the feeling Longknife has that chart memorized?

Duck Dynasty s Phil Robertson Disgustingly Advocates Marrying Underage Girls

"“Look, you wait ’til they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course.”"

Eerily similar to what Hitler said,

"Gitta Sereny tells in her book Albert Speer: His Battle With Truth how Speer had been discomfited by Hitler's conduct toward Eva Braun. One night at the Berghof he heard Hitler say, as the young woman sat next to him at the table, that a highly intelligent man should always choose a primitive and stupid woman."
Eva Braun and Hitler
Hitler s mistress Eva Braun s rare pictures show her in party mode dressed as Al Jolson Daily Mail Online

Mmm, not really the same thing.

Having an opinion that young women (of 20) get ruined by whatever and turn greedy, is not the same as saying that 15 or 16 year old girls are stupid.

THe two really have nothing to do with each other.

He's pretty wealthy, isn't he? Makes me wonder about what 20 old women he has been having issues with.

Married his wife when she was 20. "Waited for her to become 20" actually. Going off on a tear then about how by that age they're more likely gold diggers (my term not his) is similar to Hitler saying pick primitive and stupid women like those who're still young. Bit of artistic license on my part but not totally off the reservation.

"Similar" that both men had recommendations on what type of woman men should pursue.

Beyond that, not so much.

Have you ever voiced an opinion about what type of woman is "Best"? And if so, what type was it?

You're wrong about that but even so,

If "no one much cared", does that make it okay?

Scumbag Ted Nugent had himself named guardian of a young girl so he could have at her. You think that's okay too?

our world is falling apart and garbage leftwing sites like politicgarbageusa come out with the kind of nasty shit which I'm sure has been twisted into what he said.

shun that site folks. never click on their links

Were actually several sites confirming the quote. Pick one you like.

no thanks, I don't care. I have more important thing to rage about.

but politicausa is a nasty nasty site. and everyone here should shun them by not clicking the link and give them support of any kind

Great strategy. You could also stick your fingers in your ears and loudly say LALALALALALALALALA. That will work just as well. Either way, if you just pretend it didn't happen, you don't have to deal with it.

But ask any of these people who are excusing stat rape how they view sex between certain consenting adults and their all against it.

Children? Fine.

Gay adults? Icky.

And don't even mention fetuses.

When I have to worry over what some person on some television show meant by something. that's when I need to get A LIFE

You seem to worry about what some persons say on this Forum....guess you need to get a life......:)

Forum List

Back