Phil Robertson advises men to marry 15 year-old girls

Jerry Lee Lewis married Myra when she was 13. No one much cared.

true, and isn't the Democrats pushing that 15-16 year old should be able to VOTE
They also push for abortions for that age... so these people don't really care about what Phil Roberson has to say. that is just more garbage the leftwing hates websites push on people.
if its true, it doesn't matter who publishes it Stephanie You're welcome :)

Jerry Lee Lewis married Myra when she was 13. No one much cared.

"And now, via Cuepoint, comes fascinating insight into the relationship that pretty much destroyed Lewis’ career — his 1958 marriage to his 13-year-old third cousin, Myra Gale Brown. Today, she’s known as Myra Williams, and she’s a real-estate broker in Atlanta.

“They were looking for a place to stick the knife into rock & roll. And Jerry gave it to them—well, I did, I opened my mouth. That’s exactly what it was.” — Myra Williams

The shocking marriage was revealed during what was supposed to be a triumphant concert tour of England. (The fact that The Killer was still married to another woman also came to light at that time.) The British tabloids ripped Lewis to shreds, and his career “took a nosedive right into the concrete,” as Williams tells music journalist Alan Light. But that adversity also strengthened their relationship, she says:

“It was something that marked Jerry for life. We kept thinking every year, every six months, that it was going to go away, they’re going to stop talking about it, and it just didn’t happen. But it brought me and Jerry very close, and we had ten incredible, wonderful years together after that.”"
Myra Williams Jerry Lee Lewis 13-year-old bride speaks out Entertain This

How much of the outrage was about the marriage, and how much was about the music itself is a good question. But to say no one much cared is demonstratably false.
Tipsycatlover caught lying :eusa_liar: . I thought she had some credibility but I guess I was wrong :dunno:

Forum List

Back