My bitch of a Current event...sigh...

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

This Sunday is Palm Sunday and Easter is just a week and a half away....

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

before we decide to make such a rash move.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

Last edited:
Its March 26th and my lawn and the meadow are still covered with snow, no sign of grass in sight, all white, and I have 3 to 4 ft high snow banks along the side of the driveway, and 5 foot snow bank at the end of the driveway...

THIS WAS a heck of a WINTER way up north, on the East coast.... and it is STILL GOING, we are suppose to get some more snow showers in a couple of days....

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put their by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
I hear you. Here in Vermont we still have at least 2-3 feet on the ground. Its warm today and melting but tomorrow it gets cold again.

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put their by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
I hear you. Here in Vermont we still have at least 2-3 feet on the ground. Its warm today and melting but tomorrow it gets cold again.
Thank you! Misery loves company! Glad I am not the only one who is going mad!

We are considering moving back home to Florida after this winter, but are reserving this decision until we are in the middle of summer here, when the flowers are blooming in the meadow, with the Deer fawn put there by their mama's, and the grass is green and wild apple trees and wild plum trees have blossomed and the air smells so sweet, and the summer breeze 'feels so fine', and the days are in the high 70's or low 80's with ZIP in humidity, not a cloud in sight, and the sandy and rocky beaches are filled with sea glass that washed up over the winter...and most importantly, the Lobster shacks are opened again...

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
Nothing warms the heart of a Southerner like the thought of Yankees freezing.

; - )

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )
You are EVIL! :lol:

Our heating bills have also been astronomical. Highest ever.
We managed because the price of heating oil was lower in price this year, we used more this year, but just had a little bit higher heating expense....still astronomical, but it could have been much worse for us if heating oil was the same price as last year! :eek:

Way up here on the coast, we hardly ever need to use our air conditioning, so that eases the pain of the very expensive winters on heating.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )
73 in Foley....
We've had house guests from Northern New York for the week. They left this morning for the return 1,500 mile drive to 8 feet of snow and Monday morning lows of 3* F.

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )
You have a link to me denying that????

:dev3:

; - )

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!
No, Spring fever is what I have; everything outside is yellow from pine pollen, and the air is thick with smoke from the Feds firing up the National Forest doing controlled burns.

The burns may be controlled, the smoke isn't.

It amazes me they are allowed to do that, especially with all the able bodied unemployed that could be paid to cut and stack brush.

Really wonky weather for sure. Spring one day, winter the next. But, flowers are blooming, the eagles are sitting on their nests and we've seen other birds building nests.

Be careful where you move in Florida. Stay away from the coasts or build on stilts!

Interesting that climate change is effecting Florida and California in opposite ways.

Really wonky weather for sure. Spring one day, winter the next. But, flowers are blooming, the eagles are sitting on their nests and we've seen other birds building nests.

Be careful where you move in Florida. Stay away from the coasts or build on stilts!

Interesting that climate change is effecting Florida and California in opposite ways.
One reason we chose to move up here in Maine instead of moving back home to Florida is because my inner gut was telling me that Florida will be 100 degrees, with 90% humidity... every day, and under water some day and my family would have to come up here to stay with us, who will be above water....!!! :lol:

SPRING fricking FEVER

I've got it BAD!!!

; - )
73 in Foley....
We've had house guests from Northern New York for the week. They left this morning for the return 1,500 mile drive to 8 feet of snow and Monday morning lows of 3* F.
oh! shut up! :D

Forum List

Back