Pfizer-BioNTech Coronavirus Vaccine Wins Full FDA Approval, Potentially Persuading The Hesitant To Get A Shot

Not enough bribes.

Bottom line, Pfizer needed government guarantees they would not be prosecuted for fatalities connected with the vaccines.

The government declares the vaccine approved and removes the threat of indemnity.

Good point.
Since the vax only has a synthetic spike protein, it likely will lost effectiveness with time and variants.

And that's why this drug should not be approved. They have no idea how long it will last, what the effects are on children of various ages, don't know if we need a booster shot or if it will even make a difference. So HTF do they approve of a drug with so many still unanswered questions?

Since this doesn't actually stop the virus, only gives you antibodies to fight it off, will it prohibit people taking a much better drug down the road that might stop it if it continues to plague our society and world?

What ever happened to Novovax?

They were a wall street darling at one time...a total glamor stock that made 1,000X + returns.

Where is their vaccine?

The other poster is correct.

Thalidomide's problem was that it was a teratogen and that it was attempting to be prescribed for morning sickness. The FDA never approved it for this indication and therefore is not at fault for doing something that caused problems in other countries.

Thalidomide is used primarily in multiple myeloma but you have to jump through a lot of hurdles to prescribe it, although most people use a similar drug lenalinomide instead.

Apparently the Thalidomide scandal is what prompted the FDA to be legislated?
But they still obviously can also make mistakes.

{...
The scandal briefly flared in the United States, where the drug was given to about 20,000 Americans in loosely run clinical trials sponsored by two American drug makers. The crisis led to passage of modern drug safety laws in the United States that required pharmaceutical companies to prove their medicines worked through rigorous clinical trials.

But the babies whose mothers took thalidomide in the United States were largely forgotten. Today, more than half a century later, people who believe they are the U.S. survivors of thalidomide have found one another through Google searches and Facebook groups, joining forces to fight for justice, recognition and compensation.

Historians say the lesson of thalidomide is one that society is still learning the hard way. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died in an opioid epidemic that has its roots in the Food and Drug Administration’s approval of the painkiller OxyContin and dishonest, aggressive marketing of the drug by its maker, Purdue Pharma.

Today, as the coronavirus circles the globe — claiming thousands of lives — there is a renewed push to rush potential cures to market, even if it means bypassing the checks and balances that were thalidomide’s legacy.

Jennifer Vanderbes, who is researching a book about the history of thalidomide in the United States, said society owed the survivors in America a debt of gratitude.
...}

Thalidomide wasn't approve in the United States until 1975. It was denied approval for decades.

In 1975 it was approved for ONE condition. Leprocy.

In 1998 one more condition was added. Some cancer patients on certain chemo.

That's all.

No one else can ever get that drug in the United States.

It's on the highest severity rating, Category X.

It's very highly and strictly regulated with both doctor and patients having to register with the government and females of child bearing years have to prove they aren't pregnant when starting the drug, must be using 2 forms of birth control and must have a negative pregnancy test every month.

It wasn't approved in the United States when it was causing birth defects. As a result there was 17 reported births with defects caused by the drug. It wasn't regulated and it was allowed in Europe which is how some women in the United States was able to ge the drug at that time.

The FDA prevented the catastrophe of birth defects from happening here in the United States that countries in Europe had at the time.

The story of Thalidomide is a very good example of the FDA doing what's right and keeping Americans safe.

You should have done some research before you used Thalidomide as an example. It's not. In fact it is an example of how you're so very wrong.

Not at all true that the FDA prevented Thalidomide prescriptions in the US.
There were millions of them.
There were thousands of deformities in the US from them.

I happen to know 2 in the US with Thalidomide deformities, so the total has to be in the thousands.

Apparently the Thalidomide scandal is what prompted the FDA to be legislated?
But they still obviously can also make mistakes.

{...
The scandal briefly flared in the United States, where the drug was given to about 20,000 Americans in loosely run clinical trials sponsored by two American drug makers. The crisis led to passage of modern drug safety laws in the United States that required pharmaceutical companies to prove their medicines worked through rigorous clinical trials.

But the babies whose mothers took thalidomide in the United States were largely forgotten. Today, more than half a century later, people who believe they are the U.S. survivors of thalidomide have found one another through Google searches and Facebook groups, joining forces to fight for justice, recognition and compensation.

Historians say the lesson of thalidomide is one that society is still learning the hard way. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died in an opioid epidemic that has its roots in the Food and Drug Administration’s approval of the painkiller OxyContin and dishonest, aggressive marketing of the drug by its maker, Purdue Pharma.

Today, as the coronavirus circles the globe — claiming thousands of lives — there is a renewed push to rush potential cures to market, even if it means bypassing the checks and balances that were thalidomide’s legacy.

Jennifer Vanderbes, who is researching a book about the history of thalidomide in the United States, said society owed the survivors in America a debt of gratitude.
...}
The FDA existed before thalidomide but the issue prompted better regulation of drugs anyway.

Either way, you can't pin thalidomide on the FDA. Even in their embryonic and weaker role, they did the right thing.

The FDA can ban drugs, but as we see thalidomide does have legitimate uses. It's false to assert that the FDA approved this drug inappropriately.

The mRNA Vaccines Are Extraordinary, but Novavax Is Even Better.

Here's Novovax...
Now Thalidomide is actually safe for pregnant women if and only if the molecules are formed in the exact way...the scandal surrounding the birth defects were created by a sub contracted drug manufacturer manufacturing the drug in a cheaper fashion not according to specifications...and since the drug appeared to pass all quality tests it breezed through the system we had at the time that looked for problems.

But the FDA pulled the drug anyway because the needed quality checks weren't available at that time.

The FDA existed before thalidomide but the issue prompted better regulation of drugs anyway.

Either way, you can't pin thalidomide on the FDA. Even in their embryonic and weaker role, they did the right thing.

The FDA can ban drugs, but as we see thalidomide does have legitimate uses. It's false to assert that the FDA approved this drug inappropriately.

If a drug can still be prescribed dangerously, then what good is the FDA approval?
And if you read what I quoted, the FDA is still at fault for the oxycontin scandal, and others.

(... FDA Mistakes:​

Quaaludes​

Cylert​

Darvon / Darvocet​

DES​

PTZ/Metrazol​

Posicor​

Vioxx ...}​

The issue is who do you trust? Big money, science, immune system or...

The Thalidomide travesty also reminded me of big tobacco's propaganda campaign involving the medical profession and that of the Harvard sugar studies that big business funded and helped perpetuate the big sugar fraud.

Big Pharma is getting big money for a vaccine that there is no recourse on should it have adverse reactions on humans.

Last edited:
And that's why this drug should not be approved. They have no idea how long it will last, what the effects are on children of various ages, don't know if we need a booster shot or if it will even make a difference. So HTF do they approve of a drug with so many still unanswered questions?

Since this doesn't actually stop the virus, only gives you antibodies to fight it off, will it prohibit people taking a much better drug down the road that might stop it if it continues to plague our society and world?

Most of it has to do with how much Pfizer stock people like Nancy Pelosi and Bill Gates own. This is all just another bust-out to make the rich richer.

Now, I'm not in any means suggesting that a vaccine should be mandated, as I still see it as a personal choice. However, maybe this will get you guys to shut up and stop worrying for the people who chose to get this vaccination like me and see that there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Now, I'm not in any means suggesting that a vaccine should be mandated, as I still see it as a personal choice. However, maybe this will get you guys to shut up and stop worrying for the people who chose to get this vaccination like me and see that there's nothing to worry about.
How is this an anti-vaxxer's worst nightmare?

What a stupid thing to say...

How is this an anti-vaxxer's worst nightmare?

What a stupid thing to say...

Actually that's a stupid question to ask due to the fact that the reason they won't take this vaccine is because they declare it to be unsafe.

Actually that's a stupid question to ask due to the fact that the reason they won't take this vaccine is because they declare it to be unsafe.
Well, I received the Moderna vaccine last Feb. and the second dose in March.
Six weeks later I had a blood test and I was diagnosed with AKI.
Not sure which direction this is going to go, will find out more next month with another blood test.
Read an article where there have been kidney injuries associated Moderna.

Well, I received the Moderna vaccine last Feb. and the second dose in March.
Six weeks later I had a blood test and I was diagnosed with AKI.
Not sure which direction this is going to go, will find out more next month with another blood test.
Read an article where there have been kidney injuries associated Moderna.

Yes, but this is about the Pfizer. That's the one that's been approved.

Bottom line, Pfizer needed government guarantees they would not be prosecuted for fatalities connected with the vaccines.

The government declares the vaccine approved and removes the threat of indemnity.
Regardless, without legal liability on whichever group is mandating the vaccines, this creates the contradiction in logic causing legal conflicts.

If you are going to REQUIRE vaccines, where is the guarantee of paying for all medical costs or loss of labor/income if conplications result?

If you are BANNING or refusing mandates for masks/vaccines, where is the agreement to pay for medical costs for those populations?

The whole problem stems from mixing taxpayer resources in with govt health care and policy, knowing people do not agree to pay for each other's policies.

Either agree on policies, or agree to separate.

Same with abortion policies, LGBT, CRT etc.

Did I miss one of your posts?

Your post the person replied to, never used the words this was the anti vaxxer's worst nightmare.

I don't see any posts from you stating that.

See, that's the difference between intelligent people and liberals.

I don't know of anyone who said it was unsafe. What they've been saying is that the safety of it was unknown. Now we know that. That's hardly anyone's "worst nightmare".

You see, it wasn't my question which was stupid, but your comment...

Forum List

Back