Peter Green, Co-Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Dead at 73

oh shit.....i just had some of his stuff on in the car.....one of my all time favorite guitar players......early Fleetwood Mac. one of the greatest bands ever...

I was just telling my he had died... then I realized I had to explain to her who he was... she then said, and I quote, "I was never really a fan of Fleetwood Mac."

I told I wasn't sure we could remain married...
many people dont realize that Fleetwood Mac had the original version of Black Magic Woman and The Green Manalishi.....
Yep.

One of the best...

He co-founded Fleetwood Mac with Mick Fleetwood and Jeremy Spencer on guitar in 1967. They performed as a British blues band. In the early days it was called Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

He left Fleetwood Mac after a final performance in 1970 as he struggled with mental illness. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Hard for me to say which iteration of the band I prefer. I suppose it just depends on the day... both were great.

Thanks VERY much for this post. Nicely done.

Everyone remember to sing Happy Birthday as tomorrow will be Peter Green's FLEETWOOD MAC 53rd anniversary of their first public performance...

1597256255986.png

Stevie Nicks is the ultimate rock’n’roll mystic. From her early days as half of the hippie-folk duo Buckingham Nicks, into the blockbuster soap opera of Fleetwood Mac, and through her dynamic solo career, there has always been something bewitching about Nicks’ vision of pop.

Forum List

Back