Peter Green, Co-Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Dead at 73

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
One of the best...

He co-founded Fleetwood Mac with Mick Fleetwood and Jeremy Spencer on guitar in 1967. They performed as a British blues band. In the early days it was called Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

He left Fleetwood Mac after a final performance in 1970 as he struggled with mental illness. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Hard for me to say which iteration of the band I prefer. I suppose it just depends on the day... both were great.

oh shit.....i just had some of his stuff on in the car.....one of my all time favorite guitar players......early Fleetwood Mac. one of the greatest bands ever...

I was just telling my he had died... then I realized I had to explain to her who he was... she then said, and I quote, "I was never really a fan of Fleetwood Mac."

I told her I wasn't sure we could remain married...

Last edited:
oh shit.....i just had some of his stuff on in the car.....one of my all time favorite guitar players......early Fleetwood Mac. one of the greatest bands ever...

I was just telling my he had died... then I realized I had to explain to her who he was... she then said, and I quote, "I was never really a fan of Fleetwood Mac."

I told I wasn't sure we could remain married...
many people dont realize that Fleetwood Mac had the original version of Black Magic Woman and The Green Manalishi.....

This gentleman was one of the best...

1595715474725.png

from Breitbart:

Stevie Nicks is asking you nicely to wear a mask so you better listen, goddamn it. In a poetic public journal entry, the iconic Fleetwood Mac singer urges everyone to wear a mask and "become spiritual warriors" in order to defeat the raging coronavirus.⁠

"In order for us all to get back to our former lives," she says, "we must all change into spiritual warriors -- we must make it our mission to fight this virus; otherwise there is nothing left."

"Fleetwood Mac has meant so many things to so many people. we have done different things musically for so long, and involved so many talented musicians along the way...that the through line can get confusing if you love our band. sometimes it gets confusing for the guys in Fleetwood Mac" - Mick Fleetwood

you can go your own waaaaaaaay!

Stevie Nicks: "If you have stage fright, it never goes away. But then I wonder: is the key to that magical performance because of the fear?"

Forum List

Back