The Inside Story of AC/DC's Back In Black

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This is a great read...

I will correct one mistake: Angust didn't wear his old school uniform. His sister made it for him to wear in the band.

Back In Black is many things. With more than 50 million units shifted, it is the biggest selling rock album of all time. For many, it is also the greatest hard rock record ever made.

It was the album that turned AC/DC into superstars, and it has been inspiration to countless rock bands for 40 years, from Def Leppard to Metallica, Guns N’ Roses to The Darkness.

Most remarkable of all is what Back In Black represents on a human level, for AC/DC’s greatest success followed their darkest hour: the death of their singer Bon Scott.

Most bands would have been broken by such a loss. But with Back In Black - “our tribute to Bon,” as lead guitarist Angus Young called it - AC/DC pulled off the greatest comeback in rock history. It is, in the words of Slash, “One of the huge Cinderella stories of rock ’n’ roll.”

johnston is a piss poor replacement for scott....

No, he is not. He is quite awesome.
if you say so.....

I think he does a fine job in his role. And he's certainly contributed to the band's longevity.
the only reason for the bands longevity is because of the young brothers....

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I disagree. And as Malcolm has passed away, it's more than Angus keeping them going.

if you say so.....

I think he does a fine job in his role. And he's certainly contributed to the band's longevity.

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I disagree. And as Malcolm has passed away, it's more than Angus keeping them going.
since johnston retired in 2016 it isnt him helping....and with Axel Rose as their new lead singer bon is turning over in his grave...

if you say so.....

since johnston retired in 2016 it isnt him helping....and with Axel Rose as their new lead singer bon is turning over in his grave...

The rumors are that Johnson is recording a new albums with the band, so we'll see.

if you say so.....

Bon Scott said so...
thats his opinion.....

I'd say that Bon Scott's opinion regarding the quality of the singer who replaced him is rather germane.
bon scott was 10 times the vocalist and lyricist that Johnson is....AC/DC died when he did...

if you say so.....

Bon Scott said so...
thats his opinion.....

I'd say that Bon Scott's opinion regarding the quality of the singer who replaced him is rather germane.
bon scott was 10 times the vocalist and lyricist that Johnson is....AC/DC died when he did...

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy: don't listen to the stuff recorded after he died.

if you say so.....

Bon Scott said so...
thats his opinion.....

Yes, he probably was. But Shook Me All Night Long is a masterclass in hard rock no matter who sang it. And you have to acknowledge that Angus is the frontman for the band anyway.

if you say so.....

Bon Scott said so...
thats his opinion.....

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy: don't listen to the stuff recorded after he died.
i dont...

if you say so.....

Bon Scott said so...
thats his opinion.....

Yes, he probably was. But Shook Me All Night Long is a masterclass in hard rock no matter who sang it. And you have to acknowledge that Angus is the frontman for the band anyway.
right and his and malcolms music was what kept the band afloat anyway.......

Forum List

Back