Pete Rose

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I was listening to the Yankees broadcast the other day and they reported that it was Pete Rose's 81st birthday. The broadcasters, like I think he should be in the Hall of Fame. He bet on baseball and (according to one of the same announcers) gambling is now one of the biggest sponsors of MLB... It seems sort of ridiculous that he is still being punished for this. Whatever damage he's done, he's paid enough already.

I was listening to the Yankees broadcast the other day and they reported that it was Pete Rose's 81st birthday. The broadcasters, like I think he should be in the Hall of Fame. He bet on baseball and (according to one of the same announcers) gambling is now one of the biggest sponsors of MLB... It seems sort of ridiculous that he is still being punished for this. Whatever damage he's done, he's paid enough already.

Baseball is being hypocritical
They accept the money from gambling while banning Rose for enjoying it

Will my baseball cards go up in value? Then let him in. I hope a lot of people ripped up their Pete rose baseball cards when he got in trouble. Lol. That would make mine more rare.
Pete signed a LOT of Baseball Cards

Same reason Bonds, Clemens and other are excluded.
They lied.
And the people who would have rapists, racists, and cheaters in their hall had to draw their fictional line somewhere.

One of the best of all time. I don't think he will get on the ballot nor get voted in. That 1990 Reds World Series team pretty much all of those guys were Pete's guys. They all played for him prior, exception being they traded for Billy Hatcher in the at the start of that season. Pinella did a great managing that team though.

Whatever penalty there is for gambling on baseball, Pete has paid it. Maybe admit him but don't allow him the usual pomp and circumstance? Dunno. But he should be in the HOF. Ty Cobb beat the crap out of people and I think actually committed manslaughter....

He broke some pretty serious rules, but yeah, he belongs in the HOF. It's ironic that the all-time HR and hits leaders are not there.

Same reason Bonds, Clemens and other are excluded.
They lied.
And the people who would have rapists, racists, and cheaters in their hall had to draw their fictional line somewhere.
Bonds and Clemens chemically enhanced their performance.

Caught a foul ball off his bat in the first inning of a 1981 game at Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego. Phillies 4-3 over Padres. Gave it to my son.

He probably is the all-time foul ball hitter in baseball, so probably nothing to brag about.
I have been to likely over 500 MLB games and never had a foul ball come with in 20 ft of me. My asshole brother caught one the first game he went to. Oh well at least baseball paid for my education.

Caught a foul ball off his bat in the first inning of a 1981 game at Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego. Phillies 4-3 over Padres. Gave it to my son.

He probably is the all-time foul ball hitter in baseball, so probably nothing to brag about.
Once he was kicked out of Baseball, Rose made a living off of signing memorabilia

Doubt if his signature is worth much

I have been to likely over 500 MLB games and never had a foul ball come with in 20 ft of me. My asshole brother caught one the first game he went to. Oh well at least baseball paid for my education.
Yeah, I was lucky. It was a businessman's special and being a Phillies fan I ditched work. The ball came to me, missed it, hit me in the chest and dropped in the empty seat in front of me. There were two guys in the seats by the ball and one was from Germany I think and didn't really understand the protocol, so I remember saying this one's mine and snatched it. :)

Yeah, I was lucky. It was a businessman's special and being a Phillies fan I ditched work. The ball came to me, missed it, hit me in the chest and dropped in the empty seat in front of me. There were two guys in the seats by the ball and one was from Germany I think and didn't really understand the protocol, so I remember saying this one's mine and snatched it. :)
Good for you! I finish all MLB ballparks with Wrigley and Fenway. I am saving getting one for one of those parks I hope lol. Wrigley gets crossed off in July.

Rose will never see himself in the Hall of Fame

I think he should be inducted but think this is one of those situations where they will do Posthumously. Would be great though if he could see the day it happens.

Forum List

Back