Baseball-Writing: 1990 Series {EggHead}

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A writer showcasing the excellence/lyric(s) of sportsmanship and competition in sports in any area/range might consider why an iconic baseball championship series in the United States would cast great 'chess-stalemate' dialogue surrounding the proliferation of social-media and ideations of shared imaginations for competition-consciousness, and one such series is the great 1990 World Series (Reds-A's), which was simply great despite the Reds commanding a 4-0 triumph over the superpower A's, because everyone expected the A's to stand-out with their power-house front-line of batsmen with rather good pitching to complement/boast, but the Reds offered a special 'teamwork-chemistry' that 1990 season that helped them literally 'jump' over the dominant and previous-year champs A's and gave fans/writers a truer 'sense' of the concept of competition as a form of 'human' exercise (and fantasy). Of course, this 'diorama' about writing about baseball is less a 'story' and more a presentation or 'thought-concept' about what would make a Reds-tale rather...poignant for the post-9/11 age(s). Hope you like it,

:lastword1:

====

Ever since I was a young boy growing up in the United States after moving here from Asia, I became a sports fan and enjoyed watching great games on TV, going to games with friends/family/girlfriends, and even collecting all sorts of baseball-cards. In fact, my cards-collection is really a great piece for any ideator of magic in sportsmanship and all the drama generated by rivalries, series, stars, underdogs, and representative areas/regions/cities of the Western world. In fact, baseball, because of its 'democratic' feel and easygoing spirits, fosters a special sense of competition-chess because of its precise focus on 'relaxed' fitness and energized will. It's why we love movies/cinema focusing on this unforgettable game itself. As a Phillies fan, I'm using such 'magic' to transcend the heartbreak this year, the underdog-loss to the potent Astros. Hey, I still watch the movies.

g7.jpg

I'd been blogging online as a sort of 'sociology' story-writer of Earth-matrix imagery or diagrams of capitalism, competition, leverage, and human drama/romance or sometimes the 'fantasy' of intelligence in defiance/governance, and I thought about how to streamline concepts of human extra-credit power(s) with the modern drama in the media-broadcast era of sports of what draws humans towards the 'charm(s)' of chess-stalemate oriented United States expressions (e.g., Angels in the Outfield).

g6.jpg

I was at the Baseball Hall-of-Fame building and took great note(s) of the fantasy of sportsmanship and why it reminds us of the balances of the psyche and the exuberance of human emotion, and I thought about stories/lore about 'ghosts' and 'aliens' and 'phantoms' playing sports on Earth, and I thought about my love of social-media (e.g., Facebook-chess) following the Phillies-heartbreak this year and 'seriously' considered the qualities of American media-markets for sports-treasure(s) and baseball cards and stories about everyday memoirs of great Series, which is what this diorama concerns (really).

g4.jpg

Those super-fantastic Reds of 1990 defied many expectations and went to the World Series where they literally and figuratively shocked those powerful A's by delivering a 'team-magic' on the diamond-field and stunned all audiences with that commanding 4-0 win, an underdog hot-dog of 'completely' unforgettable proportion(s), and it made 'celebrities' of the stars of that squad. More so, it drew that darkened team out of the humdrum shadows of the scandal-storied Pete Rose era of champions' baseball and reminded all good fans why team/city chemistry can raise media-audiences out of these 'pits' of social-media exaggerations!

g3.jpg

I myself boast a Rickey Henderson (A's) dashing second-year (non-rookie) Topps baseball card, and I thought about why those complete underdog Reds that 1990 Series would 'yield' that special magic regarding the storytelling behind what makes an underdog feel immortal, even to fans of the favorite-team (A's). There's even a particular game of that 1990-Series, Game 2, that produced the sort of 'chess-stalemate' consciousness or 'IQ' that reminded writers/fans/audiences why and how the Reds-A's match would cement in the minds of Americans the 'hologram' of 'wrought' expressions (for journals!).

g2.jpg

I myself own the 2015 (Topps) complete World-Series Royals team-set (Kansas City), but I've been thinking of the special 'American' value of procuring a 'cool' (Upper-Deck) 1990 Reds-Series team-set for Xmas, perhaps something my girlfriend might consider something worth the 'quill(s)' for writing-nods somewhere on the cyber-environment (ha). It just may be a 'needful' thing for me this holiday-season, even if I'm not a GI-Joe per-se (wow)!

g1.jpg

So, that's my Writing-forum conclusion/evaluation here --- I might procure/purchase/receive that 1990-Series Reds-set (Upper-Deck) and use it as quill(s)-inspiration to 'draw' a very nice consumerism/capitalism 'omen-tale' about the worry of producing 'needful-things' as diadems of fortune-exaggeration! At the least, it will remind me why Game 2 of that iconic 1990-Series (Reds-A's) made for 'excellence' in cinema/expressions (hmm).

g8.jpg

"Bitcoin, in the short or even long term, may turn out be a good investment in the same way that anything that is rare can be considered valuable. Like baseball cards. Or a Picasso" (Andrew Ross Sorkin).

g9.jpg

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back