PERPETUAL WAR: Trump Orders Troops To Somalia...

Another day, another war i guess. I gotta say, i'm a little disappointed in Trump. Everywhere you look, he seems to be escalating tension and conflict. It's getting pretty ugly. You can't help but have a sinking ominous feeling in your gut. Some very dark times could be coming soon. I hate to be all 'Doom & Gloom', but the future does look pretty bleak.

What are your thoughts?

The US is sending "dozens" of additional troops to Somalia to train and equip the Somali National Army and the forces participating in the African Union Mission in Somalia there. In an email to CNN, Charles Chuck Prichard, a spokesperson for US Africa Command, confirmed the deployment Friday, saying that the deployment of "a few dozen troops from the 101st Airborne Division" came "at the request and in close coordination with" the government of Somalia.

"The objective of this particular train and equip mission is to improve the logistical capacity of the Somali National Army and the focus will be on teaching basic logistics operations, which will allow Somalia forces to better fight al Shabaab," the spokesman added.

The US troops will join the small number of US special operations forces already there providing counterterrorism support to local forces battling the local al Qaeda affiliate, al Shabaab. That advisory mission has been underway for several years...

US sending dozens more troops to Somalia - CNNPolitics.com

Yep--Trump campaigned on isolation--"This isn't our problem"--but he looks to be on the war path with about everyone right now.

And his approval numbers are soaring. Perpetual War is what most Americans want. It's all they know. Trump had the right idea on Interventionism during the Campaign. But clearly, he's now allowing the Globalist Interventionists to sway him. His recent military actions are being universally praised by them. That's being reflected in his rising approval numbers.

However, i'm a bit disappointed in him. I thought he would move away from the aggressive Interventionism policy. I think he's adopted the ole 'If you can't beat em, join em' philosophy. The Globalist Elites still run the show in the world, and Trump prides himself on being a deal-maker. Looks like he's made a deal with them. He'll go along, and they'll back off on trying so hard to destroy him. I fear for what's ahead. He's being encouraged to involve us in more brutal conflicts. Stay tuned.

Another day, another war i guess. I gotta say, i'm a little disappointed in Trump. Everywhere you look, he seems to be escalating tension and conflict. It's getting pretty ugly. You can't help but have a sinking ominous feeling in your gut. Some very dark times could be coming soon. I hate to be all 'Doom & Gloom', but the future does look pretty bleak.

What are your thoughts?

The US is sending "dozens" of additional troops to Somalia to train and equip the Somali National Army and the forces participating in the African Union Mission in Somalia there. In an email to CNN, Charles Chuck Prichard, a spokesperson for US Africa Command, confirmed the deployment Friday, saying that the deployment of "a few dozen troops from the 101st Airborne Division" came "at the request and in close coordination with" the government of Somalia.

"The objective of this particular train and equip mission is to improve the logistical capacity of the Somali National Army and the focus will be on teaching basic logistics operations, which will allow Somalia forces to better fight al Shabaab," the spokesman added.

The US troops will join the small number of US special operations forces already there providing counterterrorism support to local forces battling the local al Qaeda affiliate, al Shabaab. That advisory mission has been underway for several years...

Yep--Trump campaigned on isolation--"This isn't our problem"--but he looks to be on the war path with about everyone right now.

You’d figure his supporters would hold him more accountable…

What are your thoughts?

You’d figure his supporters would hold him more accountable…

Some will.

And his approval numbers are soaring. Perpetual War is what most Americans want. It's all they know. Trump had the right idea on Interventionism during the Campaign. But clearly, he's now allowing the Globalist Interventionists to sway him. His recent military actions are being universally praised by them. That's being reflected in his rising approval numbers.

However, i'm a bit disappointed in him. I thought he would move away from the aggressive Interventionism policy. I think he's adopted the ole 'If you can't beat em, join em' philosophy. The Globalist Elites still run the show in the world, and Trump prides himself on being a deal-maker. Looks like he's made a deal with them. He'll go along, and they'll back off on trying so hard to destroy him. I fear for what's ahead. He's being encouraged to involve us in more brutal conflicts. Stay tuned.

I respect your fears but I think you are really missing the mark here. I say that as someone who didn't vote for Trump and is not a Trump apologist. Trump never made any kind of "isolationist" argument during his campaign. He made veiled gestures as to this line of thinking and I believe he convinced many that he was a Pat Buchanan type isolationist... but that's not consistent with what he said.

Like you, I don't favor interventionism.... but where is Trump intervening? Firing some cruise missiles into Syria is not an intervention... it's a statement. Dropping a big motherfucking bomb on the caves in Afghanistan is not an intervention, we're already there... fighting a war we've been in for more than a decade. Trump promised to wipe out ISIS... well how do you do that by burying your head in the sand? You can't! The ONLY way is to be aggressive and take bold action. That's what he is doing.

Maybe I am wrong and the Globalists have co-opted Trump? Time will tell. I personally don't believe that because I don't believe Trump is driven by ideology. I think he is legitimately attempting to tie up the loose ends so we can get the hell out of the entanglements we're in over there. We can't just throw up our hands and quit because we're tired of things... people have lost their lives for this. More will have to lose their lives before we get a handle on things. We have, in many ways, been set back 8 years by the previous administration.

I have said all along, the people who supported Trump who have a strong ideological viewpoint, are going to be disappointed. That's if you are a conservative, a libertarian, an isolationist, a populist, a nationalist or a liberal... whatever. If you can't step back from your personal ideology you're going to be disappointed because that's not who Trump is ever going to be. He defies convention.

I don't think he is going to get us bogged down in a bunch of never-ending wars. We're already militarily engaged in seven countries and those have to be addressed. We can't just ignore that we have troops there and a mission to finish. So you're going to have to be a little patient and let him do what needs to be done. Or you can get all offended and butt-hurt that he's not Pat Buchanan.

Forum List

Back