Pep

Never understood that phenomenon myself. It is a SCHOOL, existing for the purpose of educating children. Wasting class time on this nonsense is Exhibit A of the un-seriousness of Public (and private) education in the U.S.

Do they have "rallies" promoting the STEM subjects?

Never understood that phenomenon myself. It is a SCHOOL, existing for the purpose of educating children. ....
Yes, CHILDREN. It is not a building full of 30 year old accountants on Prozac. Fostering a sense of community IS part of education. Making school a place these kids want to be is also important considering how tenuous and inconsistent attendance has been since Covid.

In other words, take the stick out of your ass.

Never understood that phenomenon myself. It is a SCHOOL, existing for the purpose of educating children. Wasting class time on this nonsense is Exhibit A of the un-seriousness of Public (and private) education in the U.S.

Do they have "rallies" promoting the STEM subjects?
Athletic "Scholarship" Is a Contradiction in Terms

All school sports should be privatized, just like the Little League is a replacement for grade-school baseball. And the college football teams should become minor leagues for the NFL, with no connection to the universities they corrupt now.

Athletic "Scholarship" Is a Contradiction in Terms

All school sports should be privatized, just like the Little League is a replacement for grade-school baseball. And the college football teams should become minor leagues for the NFL, with no connection to the universities they corrupt now.
Athletics are a vital part of education.

And I’m not talking about from a money point of view. They’re important to the educational experience

Athletics are a vital part of education.

They’re important to the educational experience
Couch-Potato Education

They're not even "athletic." Students get trained to be spectators, watching a jock clique doing all the action. The result is that graduates are fit to watch their bosses or politicians, letting them be the whole show.

Couch-Potato Education

They're not even "athletic." Students get trained to be spectators, watching a jock clique doing all the action. The result is that graduates are fit to watch their bosses or politicians, letting them be the whole show.
“Jock clique”?

That tells me a lot about your high school experience ….

Still wrong, weakling.
I have a very wide and successful history in several sporting disciplines .
But that was lucky for me .

How many people are forced through the system? For what ?
Perhaps 0.1% of people become successful sports people . And of that very small percentage , how many are academically competent ?
Yes . That few .

How surprising . Brackets ( What fucking nonsense ).

You are in a corner and you are imagining what you hope is true .
Or , would like to be true, to support your elitist idea.
Listen to any programme involving ex participants and pundits .

Gruesome .

Yes, CHILDREN. It is not a building full of 30 year old accountants on Prozac. Fostering a sense of community IS part of education. Making school a place these kids want to be is also important considering how tenuous and inconsistent attendance has been since Covid.
Oil and water. Such efforts are feel-good rituals at best.

How do you know?
I was there for 13 years. We were never a community, just a bunch of disparate individuals forced together by the truancy laws. Being forced into a group doesn't make a community. A community cooperates, it doesn't go against its own interests by competing with each other. A community also doesn't abandon its weakest members.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back