Pep

It's common...the jocks are often the untouchable bullies. They often get away with damn near anything-
Again, you seem to have an axe to grind against athletes

It takes hard work and discipline. That implies having character. That’s good for kids.

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

...rally time. Finally holding the pre-Thanksgiving Day Game pep rally indoors again. A lot of the kids have never been to one.
How have they not been to pep rallies by the time they get to your class?

The captain of the football team when I was in high school was a terror until he picked the wrong victim. (Then he was a eunuch.)
Thanks for giving me my first chuckle of the day.

I really needed that.

I really love it when bullies (including sucker punchers, robbers, and murderers) get their comeuppance.

Thanks for giving me my first chuckle of the day.

I really needed that.

I really love it when bullies (including sucker punchers, robbers, and murderers) get their comeuppance.
He went up, all right...about 4" straight up, and he came down shrieking like a damned soul. Two ruptured testicular and a fractured pelvis from a steel-toe boot.

Of course I am. You know it, you're just not willing to admit it. I expect nothing else from you, any more than I would expect you to answer a question without tap-dancing.
Still wrong, stupid.

Again, you seem to have an axe to grind against athletes

It takes hard work and discipline. That implies having character. That’s good for kids.

If it were easy, everyone would do it.
His insecurity is glaring.

Just admit it, at least to yourself. We both know I'm correct.
He says you're not, and I say you're not.

As it was, the QB of our football team was and is a good friend of mine. He was never a bully. He was a leader and a team player.

I wasn't even on the football team, but he invited me out to scrimmage with them one afternoon, and we ran some

plays, and I smoked who they had on defense. I made 3 out of 4 catches on their asses, and that's when he meant to throw it to me.

He made a couple more to the other dude that was open, and that guy nabbed 'em too.

Bottom line is he knew what he was doing, and I was pretty football-oriented. We used to play on the weekends anyway,

sometimes against grown men n stuff. Tackle, too. Not the QB, he saved it for school.

Trying to think..naw man. The jocks at my school were pretty good dudes. They were the good boys, really.

It probably wasn't like that at all schools, certainly it wasn't, but it was at mine.

Had to have the right GPA or they couldn't play.

Last edited:
His insecurity is glaring.

He's right. Your bitterness doesn't negate your weakness.

Work at being less weak instead of more bitter.
I understand...you project your faults onto others. I'm not bitter, I'm realistic. I saw the captain of the football team terrorize anyone he wanted to-until picking the wrong person and winding up in the hospital. I realize you'd be fine with that, because you're a typical jock-sniffer.
I was leaning towards the common sense angle of things. :dunno:
You need to understand something: with unk, every accusation is his confession. He wouldn't know the truth if it marched past him playing Thriller on a pink tuba.
He says you're not, and I say you're not.

As it was, the QB of our football team was and is a good friend of mine. He was never a bully. He was a leader and a team player.

I wasn't even on the football team, but he invited me out to scrimmage with them one afternoon, and we ran some

plays, and I smoked who they had on defense. I made 3 out of 4 catches on their asses, and that's when he meant to throw it to me.

He made a couple more to the other dude that was open, and that guy nabbed 'em too.

Bottom line is he knew what he was doing, and I was pretty football-oriented. We used to play on the weekends anyway,

sometimes against grown men n stuff. Tackle, too. Not the QB, he saved it for school.

Trying to think..naw man. The jocks at my school were pretty good dudes. They were the good boys, really.

It probably wasn't like that at all schools, certainly it wasn't, but it was at mine.

Had to have the right GPA or they couldn't play.
Most jocks weren't bullies. (My good friend was the captain of the wrestling team.) But all the bullies were jocks. There were no exceptions.

Forum List

Back