People who believe in the separation of church and state suffer from schizophrenia - Dr. Ben Carson

there is NO separation of Church and State, read the first amendment very carefully..., OK?

provided by the Wildman for your perusal.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

any questions?

The amendment says that the government must keep itself separate from religion. That's what the prohibition of making laws establishing a religion means.

It's funny when libs do that.

See, "not establish a religion" using different words than ""keep itself separate from religion".

The reason for that is that the words mean different things.

NOt having a "Church of America" like the Church of England, does not mean that they Boy Scouts can't have their meeting at the Fire Hall.

Just claiming that complete different sentences with completely different words mean the same thing, doesn't make it so.

Recently I read about a community that now has more Muslims than Christians on its city council. Normally I would think this would have effect on Carson's philosophy on separation of Church and state but my money would be on he thinks the presidency shouldn't be the only office to have religious restrictions.

Recently I read about a community that now has more Muslims than Christians on its city council. Normally I would think this would have effect on Carson's philosophy on separation of Church and state but my money would be on he thinks the presidency shouldn't be the only office to have religious restrictions.

Did you know that Ted Kennedy promised that the 1965 Immigration Act would not change America's culture or demographic makeup?

there is NO separation of Church and State, read the first amendment very carefully..., OK?

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

any questions?

The amendment says that the government must keep itself separate from religion. That's what the prohibition of making laws establishing a religion means.

See, "not establish a religion" using different words than ""keep itself separate from religion".

NOt having a "Church of America" like the Church of England, does not mean that they Boy Scouts can't have their meeting at the Fire Hall.

Just claiming that complete different sentences with completely different words mean the same thing, doesn't make it so.

Fine, then nominate some nut who thinks the belief in separation of church and state stems from a mental disease and see how far you get.

I'll be there, laughing.

Bad Medicine: 3 Dr. Ben Carson Claims That Simply Don’t Add Up

" People who believe in the separation of church and state suffer from schizophrenia

The debate over church-state separation has existed since the beginning of America, but Carson arguably was the first to medically diagnose it. From his remarks to a Georgia church in October:

“The pledge of allegiance to our flag says we are one nation under God. Many courtrooms in the land on the wall it says ‘In God We Trust.’ Every coin in our pocket, every bill in our wallet says ‘In God We Trust.’

“So if it’s in our founding documents, it’s in our pledges, in our courts and it’s on our money, but we’re not supposed to talk about it, what in the world is that? In medicine it’s called schizophrenia. And I, for one, am simply not willing to kick God to the curb.”

This was clearly a joke. (We hope.) But even as a joke about mental illness, Carson’s characterization of schizophrenia as a disease that makes people have contradictory beliefs about the separation of church and state is so wrong. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, schizophrenia is marked by hallucinations, disorganized thoughts, physical agitation, and delusional beliefs such as believing that neighbors can control one’s behavior with magnetic waves. "

Can you point out where that phrase is found in the constitution? I

Bad Medicine: 3 Dr. Ben Carson Claims That Simply Don’t Add Up

" People who believe in the separation of church and state suffer from schizophrenia

The debate over church-state separation has existed since the beginning of America, but Carson arguably was the first to medically diagnose it. From his remarks to a Georgia church in October:

“The pledge of allegiance to our flag says we are one nation under God. Many courtrooms in the land on the wall it says ‘In God We Trust.’ Every coin in our pocket, every bill in our wallet says ‘In God We Trust.’

“So if it’s in our founding documents, it’s in our pledges, in our courts and it’s on our money, but we’re not supposed to talk about it, what in the world is that? In medicine it’s called schizophrenia. And I, for one, am simply not willing to kick God to the curb.”

This was clearly a joke. (We hope.) But even as a joke about mental illness, Carson’s characterization of schizophrenia as a disease that makes people have contradictory beliefs about the separation of church and state is so wrong. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, schizophrenia is marked by hallucinations, disorganized thoughts, physical agitation, and delusional beliefs such as believing that neighbors can control one’s behavior with magnetic waves. "

Carson is clueless. None of the documents Carson cites is a "governing" document. None! In fact, they aren't even "founding" documents. We are governed by our secular and Godless Constitution.

any questions?
Just a rhetorical one: Why are most on the right ignorant of the fact that the Constitution exists only in the context of its case law.

any questions?

Fine, then nominate some nut who thinks the belief in separation of church and state stems from a mental disease and see how far you get.

I'll be there, laughing.

Issues don't really matter.

What will decide this and all future elections is how many Third Worlders the dems have imported to vote for them.

Forum List

Back