People have the nerve to say Parkland kids' comments at the FL town hall were scripted....

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Seriously!!!

Yesterday a USMB member created a post to ridicule CNN for allegedly scripting the remarks of one kid at the town hall in FL and I responded in that thread: CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump. Then today, it came to my attention that while the kids and families in Parkland, FL attended a town hall meeting, Donald Trump had his own script for his remarks at the "listening session" he had with other mass shooting survivors. Here's part of his script.

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fb5ad0fdbea1f35b0c2d8b810b5f9066e%2F0%2FRTX4Y9VT.jpeg

Look at the fifth thing he needed a note to remind him to say. "I hear you." SERIOUSLY!!!???!!! "I hear you." Trump is so f*cking self centered that he needed to include an empathetic statement among his reminders! Nevermind that the session itself was dubbed a listening session!

One almost has to feel bad for Trump having such small hands that his fingers couldn't cover that part of the notecard.

Aside and off-topic:
Unrelated to the thread topic. Trump shows just how truly classless he is -- though he's not alone in that regard -- by having his shirt cuff (rather than shirt tail, or some other discrete location that's not usually seen by anyone other than one's housekeeper or the laundry staff at school) monogrammed not with his initials, which is egotistically vulgar on its own, but with "45."

I mean really. With whom in Trump's household might the launderer mistakenly confuse Trump's "tent-size" shirts with theirs? Where to put a monogram depends on how one has the launderer deliver one's shirts.
  • On hangers --> On the edge of the second fold, at the top of the button placket, or at the bottom of the placket.

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

• Folded --> Several options
    • Dress shirts --> Where a pocket would be or on the edge of the second fold.
    • Semi-dress shirts --> On the pocket or on the edge of the second fold. (Less desirable, but okay if one does it in the same thread color as the shirt.)
Why those places?
  • Because the only person who needs to know whose shirt is whose is the person who's got to launder the shirts of multiple individuals who all wear the same things, as is the case at boarding school, or at the club, or in a home having several similarly sized siblings, etc.
  • If one's wearing the garment, everyone knows it's your one's shirt and presumably they know your name and aren't looking to one's shirt sleeve for clues in that regard.
  • If one is wearing a borrowed item from a friend -- at boarding school, it happens -- advertising that fact is embarrassing to one's friend, so why force that potentiality by having literally showy monograms.
But if none of that sort of thing is among one's circumstances, there's no practical point at all to monogramming one's garments, whereupon doing so becomes an aspect of excess where excess isn't called for. (There's a time and place for everything, including excess, but the workplace isn't among them. And, no, gentlemen don't monogram their pleated/piqued dinner shirts, though the occasions on which they'd wear them are those for which a bit of excess is perfectly fine, and to some extent, expected.)

Whatever....It's just one more classless thing about Trump...Yet another small indicator that Trump is just NOKD....​

Last edited:
Seriously!!!

Yesterday a USMB member created a post to ridicule CNN for allegedly scripting the remarks of one kid at the town hall in FL and I responded in that thread: CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump. Then today, it came to my attention that while the kids and families in Parkland, FL attended a town hall meeting, Donald Trump had his own script for his remarks at the "chat" he had with other mass shooting survivors. Here's part of his script.

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fb5ad0fdbea1f35b0c2d8b810b5f9066e%2F0%2FRTX4Y9VT.jpeg

Look at the fifth thing he needed a note to remind him to say. "I hear you." SERIOUSLY!!!???!!! "I hear you." Trump is so f*cking self centered that he needed to include an empathetic statement among his reminders!

One almost has to feel bad for Trump having such small hands that his fingers couldn't cover that part of the notecard.

Aside and off-topic:
Unrelated to the thread topic. Trump shows just how truly classless he is -- though he's not alone in that regard -- by having his shirt cuff (rather than shirt tail, or some other discrete location that's not usually seen by anyone other than one's housekeeper or the laundry staff at school) monogrammed not with his initials, which is egotistically vulgar on its own, but with "45."

I mean really. With whom in Trump's household might the launderer mistakenly confuse Trump's "tent-size" shirts with theirs? Where to put a monogram depends on how one has the launderer deliver one's shirts.
  • On hangers --> On the edge of the second fold, at the top of the button placket, or at the bottom of the placket.

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

• Semi-dress shirts --> On the pocket or on the edge of the second fold. (Less desirable, but okay if one does it in the same thread color as the shirt.)
Why those places?
  • Because the only person who needs to know whose shirt is whose is the person who's got to launder the shirts of multiple individuals who all wear the same things, as is the case at boarding school, or at the club, or in a home having several similarly sized siblings, etc.
  • If one's wearing the garment, everyone knows it's your one's shirt and presumably they know your name and aren't looking to one's shirt sleeve for clues in that regard.
  • If one is wearing a borrowed item from a friend -- at boarding school, it happens -- advertising that fact is embarrassing to one's friend, so why force that potentiality by having literally showy monograms.
But if none of that sort of thing is among one's circumstances, there's no practical point at all to monogramming one's garments, whereupon doing so becomes an aspect of excess where excess isn't called for. (There's a time and place for everything, including excess, but the workplace isn't among them. And, no, gentlemen don't monogram their pleated/piqued dinner shirts, though the occasions on which they'd wear them are those for which a bit of excess is perfectly fine, and to some extent, expected.)

Whatever....It's just one more classless thing about Trump...Yet another small indicator that Trump is just NOKD....​

I can't believe you wrote all that about his monograms. LOL!

Seriously!!!

Yesterday a USMB member created a post to ridicule CNN for allegedly scripting the remarks of one kid at the town hall in FL and I responded in that thread: CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump. Then today, it came to my attention that while the kids and families in Parkland, FL attended a town hall meeting, Donald Trump had his own script for his remarks at the "chat" he had with other mass shooting survivors. Here's part of his script.

Look at the fifth thing he needed a note to remind him to say. "I hear you." SERIOUSLY!!!???!!! "I hear you." Trump is so f*cking self centered that he needed to include an empathetic statement among his reminders!

Aside and off-topic:

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

Why those places?

I can't believe you wrote all that about his monograms. LOL!
I did because, based on the character qualities I've often enough observed among the USMB membership, I won't presume that most folks here know about the subtleties of decorum, and I want to be understood more than I want to be agreed with, and the only way to make sure that happens is to share with folks the perspective from which some of my remarks come. Were this forum seemingly populated by people from the same part of society as I, I wouldn't at all have done so. "45" would have been all I needed to write.

I did because, based on the character qualities I've often enough observed among the USMB membership, I won't presume that most folks here know about the subtleties of decorum, and I want to be understood more than I want to be agreed with, and the only way to make sure that happens is to share with folks the perspective from which some of my remarks come. Were this forum seemingly populated by people from the same part of society as I, I wouldn't at all have done so. "45" would have been all I needed to write.
But, brevity is the soul of wit. If you cannot articulatr your point with better economy, perhaps your point sucks.

:dunno:

An, did you think the questions on the note card were bad/wrong/politically loaded?

Only with the one upon which I remarked. And let me be clear. I don't have a problem with it being on the card. I take exception with his needing it to be on the card
Why do you take exception to a notecard?

If you can't be brief in response, you don't have a point. You're just bitching.

You know why right wing conspiracists are attacking these kids?
Because they are E-F-F-E-C-T-I-V-E.
Not political hacks. Not paid shills. Not indoctrinated. Not character actors.
They are young people of character compelled into action by a horrible crime that cost 17 lives.

Any guesses on who wrote the notes/questions on the card?

Considering Obama would drag TOTUS to give a speech to grade schoolers who gives a shit if Trump has a cheat sheet?

And yeah the kids were scripted and rehearsed. Typical CNN. You know just like Hillary. Ask Donna Brazil.

Seriously!!!

Yesterday a USMB member created a post to ridicule CNN for allegedly scripting the remarks of one kid at the town hall in FL and I responded in that thread: CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump. Then today, it came to my attention that while the kids and families in Parkland, FL attended a town hall meeting, Donald Trump had his own script for his remarks at the "listening session" he had with other mass shooting survivors. Here's part of his script.

Look at the fifth thing he needed a note to remind him to say. "I hear you." SERIOUSLY!!!???!!! "I hear you." Trump is so f*cking self centered that he needed to include an empathetic statement among his reminders! Nevermind that the session itself was dubbed a listening session!

Aside and off-topic:

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

Why those places?

It was the kid who said that. You're just a partisan hack who needs to be led around by the nose. Your posts prove that.

Actually a Father came forward last night and said he was contacted by
CNN the day after the shooting for comments. (This guy was on TV last
night). He said he would. They asked him what he would say and they
told him no. He replied to the TV audience last night, they were just
looking for someone with their side of the narrative.

The guy's Daughter, who is a student at Douglas, also chimed in about CNN.

The original Kid, who spoke out th first time, has also said he knows of others
who were given a script to read.

The one who really fucked up though was that Sheriff. He drew applause
trying to one-up Dana Loesch all the while knowing he was going
to have to suspend his officer for not going in, and he kept that from
the audience.

He better watch his step or Scott will suspend him.

Seriously!!!

Aside and off-topic:

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

Why those places?

You are obviously mentally ill.
But "I feel your pain" HAAAA HAAAAA!

You have to be a true believer or freaking dense to think kids who were traumatized by the deaths of other kids could be rallied into a political demonstration a couple of days after the tragedy. I bet if the media was honest and polled the kids as to which federal law they thought was appropriate and which federal law should be amended they would be met with a blank (unscripted) stare.

Forum List

Back