Tx AG Paxton & Parkland Dad Say This Would Have Better Protected School Children - And They're Right

Wait, you’re referring to me? If so, how am I connected in any way to this issue in Texas? If not then I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

On the one hand you say you’re not making it political and on the other you’re blaming the Texas GOP.

We have GOP here as well and they took care of it. Most of Colorado is Red. And the Red parts of Colorado also adopted the same procedures for weapons for the schools as the Blue did. It wasn't made political. But in Texas, it's political. And the ones to blame are the ruling Politicos. But it shouldn't be the Politicos. It should be the elected officials doing what is right for their constituents like we did here. Shooters weren't checking to seen what party affiliation those kids were before they shot them.

Stop enabling. Since you are, you are guilty as the shooters.

We have GOP here as well and they took care of it.
I understand that. That’s why I specified Texas GOP.

Most of Colorado is Red. And the Red parts of Colorado also adopted the same procedures for weapons for the schools as the Blue did. It wasn't made political. But in Texas, it's political. And the ones to blame are the ruling Politicos. But it shouldn't be the Politicos. It should be the elected officials doing what is right for their constituents like we did here. Shooters weren't checking to seen what party affiliation those kids were before they shot them.

Stop enabling. Since you are, you are guilty as the shooters.

Who enables these kids more than the parents?

I was agreeing with you until you went off the rails for politics. This is NOT a left nor a right wing issue. How dare you to attempt to make it.

You will find that in Colorado, we have already done the above things. And we have thrown out the BS about arming the teachers. Every place that's been tried, the accident rates far exceeded the safety rate.

Does it? Show us the proof.

We left it up to the Teachers and the Teachers Union unanimously voted against it. More Guns is not the answer. More guns in the wrong hands is the problem. Guns in the right hands is the correction. And we no longer have school shootings in Colorado.

Who cares if the voted against it? They're all a bunch of progs sucking on the government tit. Good sense isn't something they are noted for.

More guns in the right hands is the answer, but turds like you will never allow us to test it.

I did not attempt to make it anything that it already isn't.

You can watch the video of 'Sick SOB' Beto O'Rourke carry out his pre-planned political theatrics by attacking the TX Gov during an update news conference about the shooting, using those dead kids in front of their grieving families for his owl political benefit and STILL try to tell me this is not political, that it's not a right versus left thing?!

How dare I try to make this a right versus left thing? Get f*ing serious - The party that coined the phrase 'never let a crisis go to waste' was pushing gun control before the victims had been identified and before the bodies were even cold in Texas and were attacking / cursing conservatives / Republicans.

YOU made it a right versus left thing before the bodies were cold just as you do with all mass shootings.

Corey Booker said today that considering the idea of 'hardening' schools was surrendering to impotence.

Booker, like many anti-2nd Amendment would-be liberal gun grabbers. believes any idea except stripping Americans of their right to bear arms is to be mocked and rejected.

This only shows that he and other Democrats really don't give a damn about protecting our children and are only interested in disarming law-abiding citizens. If they truly cared about protecting our kids all options would be on the table and they would be willing to do anything to protect them.

While Democtats did not even wait for the bodies to get cold or until families had time to grieve, serious people came up with serious ideas on how to better protect out children.

Tx AG Ken Paxton and Parkland Father Andrew Pollack, whose daughter was killed in the Parkland, FL school shooting, 'issued a plea for enhanced security measures and funding at schools across the country'.

Their ideas on how to better protect our children at school were spot-on.

1. Armed Guards, Single Point of Entry
Schools should have a single point of entry with metal detectors and an armed guard station.

(- If you want to make entry into schools even more secure have a 'man-trap' at the entrance. Kids who attend school show an ID to get through rhe 1st door and into a room with another secured door giving final access into the school. In this room metal detectors scan for weapons prior to the students being allowed through the next door and into the school. This would probably be viewed as excessive ... unless perhaps in violent areas like in Chicago.)

2. More secure classrooms, emergency exits
Reinforced, securable doors teachers can lock if gunshots are heard, ground floor windows that can be popped out to give kids a quick escape route.

3. Teacher Training, Advance planning
We pretty much know what happens in these attacks so all schools should have a plan - this latest school had one but when the chaos starts panic takes over. Teachers should be given training so they know the plan well enough where executing it is second nature.

Other ideas include:

Cameras throughout the school monitored by the police or security.

Intercoms in the classrooms to give teachers alerts, status updates, and / or directions.

Thorough background checks, training, and allowing teachers to conceal carry or have guns locked up in the classroom has been suggested.

If protecting our children is the top priority rather than simply taking the right to bear arms away from law-abiding citizens then every serious idea should be considered, not mocked / rejected like Corey Booker did.

I also agree with the comment about how if we can send $40 billion dollars to Ukraine, if Democrats can use millions of dollars of COVID Relief funds to spend on a library or pet project that helps them politically then we can afford to spend money on upgrading rhe security at our children's schools and on doing more to protect them.

I grew up in one of the safest towns in the country going to school from 69-81 when I graduated.

We had all these features built into the school buildings even in that era where school shootings were never even considered.

Hardening schools against these types of incidents is neither complicated nor particularly expensive.

The School building in Uvalde was easily secured but one teacher for whatever reason left an access door propped open.

I don't know how she will be able to live with herself because that single mistake made this event possible.

The more you fight this, the more you murder children. There should be no politics involved here.
I want to know why those scumbag cops sat around doing nothing for 40 minutes.

I want to know what fucking cuck snowflake gave THAT order.

I'll bet anyone here 10 bucks right now it wasn't a rightie

Then y ou would lose your saw buck.

Looking at the the timeline he wasn't shooting. They had a girl in the room on the phone with 911 telling them there were still 8 live kids in the room.

Whomever made the call had to weigh the risks to those kids if the police breached because he might very well have done all he could to finish them off before he was done.

That would be a very tough call to make as long as he wasn't shooting.

I was agreeing with you until you went off the rails for politics. This is NOT a left nor a right wing issue. How dare you to attempt to make it.

You will find that in Colorado, we have already done the above things. And we have thrown out the BS about arming the teachers. Every place that's been tried, the accident rates far exceeded the safety rate. We left it up to the Teachers and the Teachers Union unanimously voted against it. More Guns is not the answer. More guns in the wrong hands is the problem. Guns in the right hands is the correction. And we no longer have school shootings in Colorado.

And we have thrown out the BS about arming the teachers. Every place that's been tried, the accident rates far exceeded the safety rate.
:link::link::link:

The current situation is that there are not enough votes to ban so-called assault weapons, and even if there was it's not going to make a difference because the crazies will just use another gun. Does anyone here think such a deranged individual is going to say "well, since I can't get an AR-15 I guess I won't shoot up a school"? And what about the thousands of AR-15s that are already out there? You think you can just confiscate all those guns just like that? I think not.

If you really want to save the lives of our schoolkids, then we better be doing a better job of protecting them. There are plenty of ideas that prevent access to the school or a classroom that don't cost an arm and a leg. I'd bet serious money that local parents, businesses and organization would donate time and money to make their kids safer in school.

The current situation is that there are not enough votes to ban so-called assault weapons, and even if there was it's not going to make a difference because the crazies will just use another gun. Does anyone here think such a deranged individual is going to say "well, since I can't get an AR-15 I guess I won't shoot up a school"? And what about the thousands of AR-15s that are already out there? You think you can just confiscate all those guns just like that? I think not.

If you really want to save the lives of our schoolkids, then we better be doing a better job of protecting them. There are plenty of ideas that prevent access to the school or a classroom that don't cost an arm and a leg. I'd bet serious money that local parents, businesses and organization would donate time and money to make their kids safer in school.

The answer to this is All of the Above.

The schools need to do a better job. We need to handle the nutcases getting weapons better. And we need to take the Cult away. I won't go into the first two as there are a lot of smarter people than me working on that and they have done a pretty fair job of that around here already. But it was a long and hard battle.

As for the cult, that has to do with the AR15 Cult. One of the main reasons that Schools are targeted is that it's a good place to go for the record for body count. And the AR is thought to be (reasonably) the weapon to do it. In the 20s and 30s, it was the Thompson M1921. Hence the 1934 National Fire Arms Act. It didn't outlaw or ban the 1921, it regulated them. You could own one if you had the proper paperwork and 200 bucks. Funny, even today, you can still own a Thompson M1921 if you file the proper paperwork and pay the 200 bucks unless you can't pass a simple Background Check. What they figured out was that people that were licensed were not the problem. It was the group of the ones that weren't that were the problem. Not everyone not licensed were the problem but enough were that it was a huge problem. While the weapon was used primarily by gangster killing gangster, the overspray killed and wounded a whole bunch of "Civilians". So they stopped manufacturing of them except for law enforcement, ceased certain replacement parts, interstate shipping and required the owners to have an approved storage system. Then they made it so you could still own the 1921 by getting a firearms license (EFL) and pay that 200 bucks. Believe it or not, the 1921 was NOT the accepted Robbery weapon. That went to a far deadlier weapon that was stolen from Military Armories, the BAR, the Bonny and Clyde weapon of choice. What finally brought Bonnie and Clyde down? You guessed it, a bunch of Feds with the M1921.

You don't have to ban the AR and the like. You can raise it's status to that of the M1921 and handle exactly the same. It took about 10 years of NON banning for attrition to take care of the M1921. As time went on, the M1921 was relegated to a collector piece or a wall hanger. And those that shot it on a regular basis had to buy others for parts since parts were not available. Plus, some were leading the barrel and hanging them on the wall. The M1921 Cult died. We can do the same with the AR and it's various clones. Even Colt quit making the original AR-15 (Model #750) and only makes the Model LE6920 for Law Enforcement.

Their ideas on how to better protect our children at school were spot-on.

1. Armed Guards, Single Point of Entry
Schools should have a single point of entry with metal detectors and an armed guard station.

Um, okay. Let's say it takes 10 seconds to clear a child through a security station. Let's say for sake of argument that you have two security guards at that checkpoint and you have 2400 students. So it's going to take you four hours to clear all those students.

(- If you want to make entry into schools even more secure have a 'man-trap' at the entrance. Kids who attend school show an ID to get through rhe 1st door and into a room with another secured door giving final access into the school. In this room metal detectors scan for weapons prior to the students being allowed through the next door and into the school. This would probably be viewed as excessive ... unless perhaps in violent areas like in Chicago.)

Except Chicago Schools aren't the ones having the mass shootings. That would be white suburban schools. The kids at the Urban schools know how to duck when the shooting starts. That's the kind of world you Ammosexuals have given us.

2. More secure classrooms, emergency exits
Reinforced, securable doors teachers can lock if gunshots are heard, ground floor windows that can be popped out to give kids a quick escape route.

All of which sounds like points of entry for a mass shooter that can easily be beaten. The problem with all your measures is that the human factor comes into play. People leave emergency doors and windows open on hot days or if they are going out to have a smoke.

3. Teacher Training, Advance planning
We pretty much know what happens in these attacks so all schools should have a plan - this latest school had one but when the chaos starts panic takes over. Teachers should be given training so they know the plan well enough where executing it is second nature.

Not sure what plan makes teachers and kids bullet proof.

Other ideas include:

Cameras throughout the school monitored by the police or security.

Intercoms in the classrooms to give teachers alerts, status updates, and / or directions.

Um, okay... most schools have this. Really doesn't help.

Thorough background checks, training, and allowing teachers to conceal carry or have guns locked up in the classroom has been suggested.

This is the dumbest suggestion yet. You know, teachers already get very thorough background checks to make sure they aren't pedophiles or some other sort of criminal, right?

More to the point, you clowns on the right don't trust teachers to answer kids questions about gays or teach them about the parts of American History that offend your White Fragility, but you trust them to pack a gun and engage what might be a disturbed student?

If protecting our children is the top priority rather than simply taking the right to bear arms away from law-abiding citizens then every serious idea should be considered, not mocked / rejected like Corey Booker did.

The problem is, Salvador Ramos was a "law abiding citizen" up until the day he shot 21 people.

I also agree with the comment about how if we can send $40 billion dollars to Ukraine, if Democrats can use millions of dollars of COVID Relief funds to spend on a library or pet project that helps them politically then we can afford to spend money on upgrading rhe security at our children's schools and on doing more to protect them.

Begs the question, though. We are we having to protect kids in the first place? Because you gun fetishists don't even want to wait more than a few minutes before getting the gratification of new guns.

Two words, buddy.

Maginot Line.

For those not familiar with history, the Maginot line was a set of elaborate defenses that France built along their border with Germany. It included underground barracks, obstacles and reinforced gunnery positions that would have made it a difficult proposition for any invading army to assault.

The Germans simply went around it. France fell in about six weeks in 1940.

The idea that you can turn our schools into fortresses and problem solved is naive at best. No matter how good you think your defenses are, there is going to be someone who will figure a way around them.

Except Chicago Schools aren't the ones having the mass shootings. That would be white suburban schools. The kids at the Urban schools know how to duck when the shooting starts. That's the kind of world you Ammosexuals have given us.

Right, Chicago is the city that has more killed every month this one large mass shooting. Yeah, those aren't "white suburban" folks.

Not sure what plan makes teachers and kids bullet proof.

Or knife proof or car proof or bomb proof, etc. Short of waving a magic wand to remove all guns in the US, there is no way to prevent a person from getting a gun and doing something crazy with it. Realizing that there is no magic wand is the first step to resolving the problem. The overwhelming majority of gun owners, myself included, have no desire to kill anyone, however, I believe that most gun owners would have shot this guy and others like him in a heart beat. You see from the inaction of the police in Uvalde what happens when the bad guy has a gun and nobody challenges him.

Begs the question, though. We are we having to protect kids in the first place? Because you gun fetishists don't even want to wait more than a few minutes before getting the gratification of new guns.

Again, there is no magic wand. You are impractical and ideological.

Forum List

Back