People Are Saying: "Merry Christmas" Again!

zjKGpnL.jpg

Getting back to the topic, who besides the OP was ever afraid to say Merry Christmas? Seems odd.

The answer is no one.

The reality is that some people have said "Happy Holidays" trying to accommodate those of all faiths.
Some Christians feel very, very, very threatened by this. None I know- just some fringe idiots who think all of America should be marching to their Christmas drum.

Poor Tommy- now the voices in your head are telling you who is at my house? Are these the same voices which made you scared to say "Merry Christmas"?

Take your medication and the voices will go away.

Nobody is at your "house" (roach-infested studio apartment)....no "voices" told me that...you did. Ever catch your cat looking at you like everybody else does and wondering why it had to be you who took it home from the shelter?

LOL- poor Tommy- it must be horrible to be tormented like he is with voices telling him what people on the internet are doing and thinking.

As part of my assault on religion- I want to say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Channukah
Seasons Greetings
and my best wishes for a glorious New Year.

I hope no snowflake faux Christians were harmed by my message.

Again? They've always been saying it.
Well, you know...."Merry Christmas" as a verbal attack and all.......
It helps the bullies to marginalized the Jews who celebrate Hanukkah and the African Americans who celebrate Kwanza and all 'other' religions. After all, Christmas is about marginalizing groups other than your own. That 's how the boors like it.

Folks have always said "MerryChristmas," no less last year and no more this year.

Silly OP.

Indeed. I hear lots of "Merry Christmas'" every year...no change.

Funny thing though - I use both Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays interchangeably without thought. A few years ago at our Kennel Club Christmas potluck, I happened to say Happy Holidays to one of the members. She glared at me and stated matter of factly - "It's Merry Christmas"...so....I said Ok...Merry Christmas :) Sheesh.

Folks have always said "MerryChristmas," no less last year and no more this year.

Silly OP.

Funny thing though - I use both Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays interchangeably without thought. A few years ago at our Kennel Club Christmas potluck, I happened to say Happy Holidays to one of the members. She glared at me and stated matter of factly - "It's Merry Christmas"...so....I said Ok...Merry Christmas :) Sheesh.
I have gone through that silliness as well. Folks right and left and up and down and over there and over here just want to offended, I guess.

Christmas is over rated. I'd rather have summer solstice 365 days a year.
Not for me! I love the developing American carnival season from about October 20 to Epiphany in January. How much fun. And you get throw in everybody's favorite holiday, including that of Festivus.

Silly OP.

I was passing by a group of people setting up a Menorrah tonight- and I wished them a "Happy Hannukah" and they wished me back a "Merry Christmas"

To the best of my knowledge- no one was harmed by all of us acknowledging each others traditions.

The Darkness is fading and the Dawn of a NEW America is starting to shine.
sxmas_santasmiley_100-102.gif

ef9b9124ceb844de5bd24cba249fe7ed.gif

"Again"?

???

Yes, "AGAIN" instead of the PC-terrified "happy holidays" crap.

There isn't more than one holiday in the
"holiday season"?

It simply means, " hey , if I don't see you before, I'm wishing you well for all of them".

Funny, people seemed to understand this simple point before rw media told them it was actually a liberal conspiracy.

Forum List

Back