Pelosi tells US athletes at Olympics to not speak out against China's genocide.

She doesn't want to upset those who own her, I guess. Either that, or she supports genocide.

Pelosi Instructs U.S. Athletes To Not ‘Speak Out’ During Olympics Against Communist China’s Genocide

Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA) instructed U.S. athletes to not “speak out” against communist China’s human rights abuses during the Winter Olympics because it might make China angry.

The dirt bag Chinese communists could not wait to get started.

I support letting our athletes compete if they want to go

many of them have trained many years and this could be their one chance of a lifetime

but by stepping foot in communist china they are putting their future at risk

so proceed with caution

Athletes are stupid.
Look at the NFL.
Look at the NBA and high school only grad LeBron James.
Athletes are the epitome of the High School jock that just got older but remained stump dumb!!

Yup, it used be that everyone laid their differences aside, even in Nazi Germany.
The athletes ability in their sport was their voice. I believe it was the 68 Olympics where Smith and Carlos raised their
gloved fists that started the change.
This Olympics is sitting right on a tinder box, IMO. China is very oppressive and I don't want to see any athlete find out just
how oppressive it can be.
If the citizens of China are jailed or.... for speaking out, we can't be positive that a foreign athlete could get away with it.

Yeah ... In 1936 Jessie Owens sent a message from the top of the podium.
It was clear enough I heard it and wasn't even born yet ... :auiqs.jpg:

Sometimes you just have to be creative.

Again, America is a free country but China is not.
I agree 100%

when canada detained the Huawi queen china responded by arresting two canadians on phony charges of spying

they were essentially just hostages and the same can happen to anyone foreign or domestic within chicom jurisdiction

She doesn't want to upset those who own her, I guess. Either that, or she supports genocide.

Pelosi Instructs U.S. Athletes To Not ‘Speak Out’ During Olympics Against Communist China’s Genocide

Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA) instructed U.S. athletes to not “speak out” against communist China’s human rights abuses during the Winter Olympics because it might make China angry.

I guess she doesn't want the athletes to GET ARRESTED, you clueless dolt.

Respectfully I disagree.

Their safety is more important than any chance of a lifetime, as you put it.

And so it follows, if there is even the slightest possibility that harm will come to them....

Then don't allow them to go.
I agree with both you and Mac even though it is contradictory….for many, they trained for years and this could well be their only chance. It is a really complicated choice. With current tensions and China’s greater reach in controlling messaging about it, I really do worry.

It still makes me furious that China attempts to control the free speech of our citizens in our own country through economic pressure as they have done with some of our athletes.

It still makes me furious that China attempts to control the free speech of our citizens in our own country through economic pressure as they have done with some of our athletes.

Why wouldn't China do whatever it wants ... If we make it loud and clear that we won't do anything about it if they do?
Who do you really think these people are?

Why wouldn't China do whatever it wants ... If we make it loud and clear that we won't do anything about it if they do?
Who do you really think these people are?

What should and could we do prior to anything happening beyond warning our citizens to be careful as we do when they travel to other risky countries?

What should and could we do prior to anything happening beyond warning our citizens to be careful as we do when they travel to other risky countries?

That's a fair point ... And one I have thought on.

I am not an Olympic Athlete so I really cannot honestly answer as to whether or not I would even attend the games and compete.
I can say what I think I would do if I was ... And did decide to attend the games.

First ... I would do my best to win whatever I was competing in.
If I did manage that, I would be thinking hard on figuring out what I could do to make a statement and not end up in jail.
If necessary ... I would be willing to accept that I may be putting myself in danger as a matter of principle.

I wouldn't be trying to figure out how I could do more to lack the courage of my convictions.
It would in no way be Speaker Pelosi's decision to make, because I seriously don't care about what she is unwilling to do.

When Jessie Owens went to Nazi Germany ... We didn't stop them from building the Third Reich and trying to take over the world.
However ... We sent them a clear message how screwed up what they wanted was ... And how all that was going to turn out.

We still had to end up killing a lot of people because some folks didn't get the message ... :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back