Pelosi Comments of William Jefferson

Still waiting

Anyone have any comments from San Fran Nan?

Here you go:

Dear Congressman Jefferson:

In the interest of upholding the high ethical standard of the House Democratic Caucus, I am writing to request your immediate resignation from the Ways and Means Committee.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
Democratic Leader

Nancy Pelosi has done the right thing by not making premature comments. As Speaker her function is different from that of Majority Leader Steny Hoyer in this matter. It isn't her responsibility to lead the Democratic Caucus as Speaker and she must allow the Majority Leader and the Minority Leader to lead their respective caucuses and continue to perform her responsibilities as Speaker separate from those of Steny Hoyer and John Boehner. Just because you don't understand how the Congress works and that the Speaker is supposed to be above leading the party she or he belongs to and instead must focus on leading the Congress than you are ignorant. As Democratic Leader she did as Hoyer is now doing and as Speaker she must act differently. Of course, she could do as you want her to do and exceed her authority as Speaker and interfere in the dealings of the caucuses but I suggest taht John Boehner wouldn't be happy with her if she did that with his caucus and I am sure that Steny Hoyer wouldn't be pleased with her if she did so with his.

if democats were advocating the violent overthrow of our government or sedition in any way, I guess it would be.

If pigs had wings, they could fly. what is your point?

My point is that you should have the balls to call out anyone that has major character issues whether they be a member of the party you are affiliated with or not.

I have no intention of calling any liberals on the carpet. I will say that I will not vote for stupid or corrupt liberals in primaries and I will abstain from voting in races where a corrupt democrat is on the ballot.

I am a partisan democrat. I do not consider that to be a crime or anything to be ashamed of. I deeply and fervently believe in the principles embodied in the democratic platform. The day that the platform changes - or the day that I change - I will no longer be a fervent, partisan democrat.

I am a partisan democrat - more partisan than I was in my earlier years - due to my work as the Chief of Staff to the Assistant Senate Majority Leader of the Maine State Senate in the mid-90's. I saw first hand that politics is, first and foremost, a team sport. Your party can have all sorts of good ideas, but you need to be in the majority to accomplish them. And if that means having some folks in your caucus who have some hairbrained ideas on some issues, or who submit some wacky, off-the-wall legislation from time to time - but who vote with you on the key issues that MEAN something, then you hold your nose and be nice to them and have your staffers write constituent letters for them to sign and write their floor speeches for them and do everything short of kissing their ass because having their vote on key issues that impact the lives of lots of people is worth it.

Do not then give me the " fake" shock, " does no one believe in innocent till proven guilty" any more comments.

Pelosis HAS said publicly if he is guilty he should go to jail and has ,as I understand it started procedures to strip him of his position of power on any committees.

This thread is a red herring.

Not really

Libs and the liberal media have been very quit on this guy since the facts came out last year

The clear double standard on how Dems handle other Dems caught in criminal activity VS how Republicans handle their own is very clear

I have no intention of calling any liberals on the carpet. I will say that I will not vote for stupid or corrupt liberals in primaries and I will abstain from voting in races where a corrupt democrat is on the ballot.

I am a partisan democrat. I do not consider that to be a crime or anything to be ashamed of. I deeply and fervently believe in the principles embodied in the democratic platform. The day that the platform changes - or the day that I change - I will no longer be a fervent, partisan democrat.

I am a partisan democrat - more partisan than I was in my earlier years - due to my work as the Chief of Staff to the Assistant Senate Majority Leader of the Maine State Senate in the mid-90's. I saw first hand that politics is, first and foremost, a team sport. Your party can have all sorts of good ideas, but you need to be in the majority to accomplish them. And if that means having some folks in your caucus who have some hairbrained ideas on some issues, or who submit some wacky, off-the-wall legislation from time to time - but who vote with you on the key issues that MEAN something, then you hold your nose and be nice to them and have your staffers write constituent letters for them to sign and write their floor speeches for them and do everything short of kissing their ass because having their vote on key issues that impact the lives of lots of people is worth it.

Power is everything to liberals these days

political power is the only way to accomplish either party's platform. political power is just as important to conservatives as it is to liberals. to suggest otherwise is foolish.

To libs, 'the hell with eveything else, lets get and expand our power'

Thank you for proving another one of my beliefs about liberals

thanks for proving your naivete.

as if gaining and holding political power is not the goal of any politcal party.:cuckoo:

nothing is more important than my country.... and all patriotic liberals feel the same way

Is that why they have opposed all methods used to combate terrorists and terrorism, leaking of classified material on anti terror projects, wanting to surrender to terrorists, and wanting to tie up the already over booked Federal Courts with the cases of terrorists?

No system is perfect and we have to elect someone.

My point is the Dem party had too much control for too long arround thrity years ago.

The R party has caught up and surpassed whta the Dems did long ago.

The R party HAS to be thrown out on their ears or will will get nothing but the same in the future.

The last time we had a fiscal responsibility of any measure was with a Dem congress and a dem president.

The GAO and the CBO both agreed that the major reason we had the budget surpluses in the 1990s was the 1993 BRA voted into being without a single R vote(they fought it tooth and nail).

We had peace ,we kept terror at bay,the world loved us,we had a good ecnomy which was shared by all levels of income we even stopped a genicide and then got the hell out of the country and left it to its people.

I want my county to look more like that country then the one we now have.

This is why I vote democratic.

Results not bullshit.

Man, talk about your rose-colored glasses. We had asuperficial "peace"; which, allowed terrorism to fester, and there were more terrorist attacks against US targets when Clinton was President than there have been under Bush. The so-called "peace" came from Clinton doing his best to ignore the ME as best as he possibly could.

The economy sucked. I don't even know WHERE you try to get that. A so-called balanced budget does not a good economy make, and 8 years of Clinton had us on the brink of recession that only some fancy financial footwork staved off.

"We" did not stop a genocide and get the Hell out. Don't know where you've been but we are STILL there.

And I'm QUITE sure whoever's left in Rwanda would disagree with how special you're trying to make Clinton out to be.

I can only assume you want "your country" to look like that because you didn't have to earn a living during the 90s.

You vote democrat because you are a product of the propaganda machine that controls every word you say, and your posts are hard evidence to support that assertion.

RSR sez:

"Is that why they have opposed all methods used to combate terrorists and terrorism,
your opinion...I do not share it
leaking of classified material on anti terror projects,
which "lib" leaked the information?
wanting to surrender to terrorists
silly untrue rhetoric,
and wanting to tie up the already over booked Federal Courts with the cases of terrorists"
I certainly don't... but do not see how having a different view from you about the best and most appropriate way to determine guilt and mete out punishment to terror suspects is synonymous with "valuing political power over country"?

Is that why they have opposed all methods used to combate terrorists and terrorism,
your opinion...I do not share it
leaking of classified material on anti terror projects,
which "lib" leaked the information?
wanting to surrender to terrorists
silly untrue rhetoric,
and wanting to tie up the already over booked Federal Courts with the cases of terrorists
I certainly don't... but do not see how having a different view from you about the best and most appropriate way to determine guilt and mete out punishment to terror suspects is synonymous with "valuing political power over country"?

Dems have openly opposed the wiretaps, the tracking of terrorists money, interrogation methods, and the detention of terrorists

The NY Times, and ABC have published classified material

The Dems surrender bill is just that - a surredner bill

Libs want to coddle terrorists and extend then US Constitutional rights

Dems have openly opposed the wiretapsonly warrantless wiretaps on the phones of citizens, the tracking of terrorists moneynot me... and I know of no democrat who does, interrogation methodsonly torture, and the detention of terroristsonly indefinitely without proof of guilt.

The NY Times, and ABC have published classified material
publishing is not "leaking". who "leaked" it?

The Dems surrender bill is just that - a surredner bill

bullshit... repeating that lie over and over again will not make it true

Libs want to coddle terrorists and extend then US Constitutional rights
I want to extend constitutional rights to all citizens... and human rights to all. Why wouldn't YOU?

:confused:

Dems have oposed anything the government has wanted to do in fighting, and capturing terrorists

It was proven a Dem (who gave money to the Kerry people) leaked classified info to the NY Times

You can deny the surrender bill is a surrender bill - but it is a surrender bill

Libs want to coddle terrorists, they think they can melt their bombs and bullets with love and understanding

Dems have oposed anything the government has wanted to do in fighting, and capturing terrorists

It was proven a Dem (who gave money to the Kerry people) leaked classified info to the NY Times

You can deny the surrender bill is a surrender bill - but it is a surrender bill

Libs want to coddle terrorists, they think they can melt their bombs and bullets with love and understanding

ho hum.... more vacuous rhetoric from the king of vacuous rhetoric.

Do you ever get tired of blowing the same smoke?

Forum List

Back