William Jefferson (D-La). Just another crooked politician?

indeed..

I wont make "tom delay" style excuses for corruption.

if he is guilty then throw him under the bus.

That's the way I feel about all politicians. If there was a feasible way to kick all we've got now out and start over, I'd vote for it. They all seem more interested in keeping their jobs and getting paid than doing what's right for those of us who gave them their jobs.

I prefer to judge them one at a time just like all Americans should be judged

im not against the idea of 25 yr mandatory minimums for political corruption...

or guiloteens, for that matter.

Has Howie Dean commented on Cold Cash Jefferson yet?

He was very loud over Tom Delay

WASHINGTON - Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean, who famously refused to prejudge Osama bin Laden’s guilt, is standing by his judgment that House Majority Leader Tom DeLay may deserve jail time for allegations of corruption.

“Tom DeLay is corrupt. No question about it,” Dean said Friday. “This is a guy who shouldn’t be in Congress and maybe ought to be serving in jail.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7925421

Just another crooked politician. From Louisiana, where they breed crooked politicians. Somehow I am sure this is Bush's fault. Or it's racially motivated. Whatever the reason, it can't be because he is a crooked politician, he's a Democrat!

Will San Fran Nan still consider him for a seat on the Homeland Security committee?

Just another crooked politician. From Louisiana, where they breed crooked politicians. Somehow I am sure this is Bush's fault. Or it's racially motivated. Whatever the reason, it can't be because he is a crooked politician, he's a Democrat!

Nope He's crookeder than a dog's hind leg. Dumb bastard. They didn't actually name his get in the indictment as an inducement for them to roll on the old man. He abused the public trust, but that's how they breed 'em (politicians) in Luzianna...Stupid and greedy. I hope he gets a cell right next to 'Duke' Cunningham.

Nope He's crookeder than a dog's hind leg. Dumb bastard. They didn't actually name his get in the indictment as an inducement for them to roll on the old man. He abused the public trust, but that's how they breed 'em (politicians) in Luzianna...Stupid and greedy. I hope he gets a cell right next to 'Duke' Cunningham.

Then why has the Dem leadership and CBC been shielding him?

shielding whome?

you would call "shielding" anything that isnt calling for a fucking lynching tree like you really REALLY want to see.

for christs sakes.. dont you EVER get tired of generalizing the left or is this your dayjob?

shielding whome?

you would call "shielding" anything that isnt calling for a fucking lynching tree like you really REALLY want to see.

for christs sakes.. dont you EVER get tired of generalizing the left or is this your dayjob?

Do the names Newt and Delay mean anything for you?

They were calling for both to resign BEFORE any charges were filed.

Of course the liberal media is starting to circle the wagons around Cold Cash Jefferson..............

Jefferson indicted; New Orleans recovery suffers more bad news

NEW ORLEANS -- The corruption indictment Monday against U.S. Rep. William Jefferson dealt another setback to a city struggling to recover from the economic and political devastation of Hurricane Katrina.

The investigation surrounding Jefferson had crippled his position as a champion for the city long before the 16-count indictment was handed down in Virginia.

In late 2006, he handily defeated a field of challengers. His re-election hammered the image of a state that already had a poor reputation for political integrity and was still coping with memories of the chaos that followed Katrina. Analysts said his re-election hurt national sympathies for New Orleans.

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=6610028

AP Did Not Identify Indicted Congressman William Jefferson as a Democrat
Posted by Lynn Davidson on June 5, 2007 - 07:10.

Louisiana congressman William Jefferson received more than $500,000 in bribes and sought millions more in nearly a dozen separate schemes to enrich himself by using his office to broker business deals in Africa, according to a federal indictment Monday.

The charges came almost two years after investigators raided Jefferson's home in Washington and found $90,000 in cash stuffed in his freezer.

The indictment lists 16 counts, including racketeering, soliciting bribes, wire fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice and conspiracy. He faces a possible maximum sentence of 235 years.

He is the first U.S. official to face charges under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which prohibits corporate bribery ovdrseas.

Jefferson, through his lawyer, claimed innocence. He will be arraigned Friday in U.S. District Court in Alexandria.

Not only did the AP leave out the embarrassing fact that a group that is touted as the most ethical Congress ever just had a Democrat indicted for bribing foreign governmental officials, the AP also failed to mention that even as recently as February 17 of this year, long after the investigation was made public, Pelosi appointed Jefferson to the security-sensitive House Homeland Security Committee, where members have access to vital national secrets and make policy for national defense.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13220

Is it my fault libs can't compete in the arena of ideas and can't dispute the facts?

Facts? Liberals don't care about facts. Just like they do not think they should have to follow the laws they endorse and pass. They are the "enlightened" the "saviors" petty rules and facts do not apply to them, the ends are all that matter. Any lie is acceptable as long as it is all for " the good" of all us ignorant hicks that are to stupid to take care of ourselves.

Forum List

Back