Peer reviewed study: Its the sun you morons!!!

Your graph is only looking at tiny space of time in earth's 4 billion year existence, and temperatures from the past are only calculated guesses.

1. A short history of measuring temperature

For temperature since about 1850, scientists can refer to the "instrumental record." This is a world wide record based on standardized thermometer readings from thousands of meteorological stations around the world.
But we didn't exist as a species for virtually all of that time. As a species with have only existed within the present cycles of glacial and inter-glacial periods. You made a reference to the Milankovitch Cycles, and I showed you where we should be in the present cycle. We are far warmer than we should be, and the cause of that is the injection of GHG's into the atmosphere by the burning of fossil fuels.

Since by the Milankovitch Cycles we should be in a cooling period, and were for the 6000 years prior to the Industrial Revolution, I will just have to assume you are pretty ignorant of recent history.
View attachment 534510
Willie Soon, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES), who also has been researching sun/climate relationships at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (U.S.A.) since 1991: “We know that the Sun is the primary source of energy for the Earth’s atmosphere. So, it always was an obvious potential contributor to recent climate change. My own research over the last 31 years into the behavior of stars that are similar to our Sun, shows that solar variability is the norm, not the exception. For this reason, the Sun’s role in recent climate change should never have been as systematically undermined as it was by the IPCC’s reports. Hopefully, this systematic review of the many unresolved and ongoing challenges and complexities of Sun/climate relationships can help the scientific community return to a more comprehensive and realistic approach to understanding climate change.”

Look, it's Willie "I took $1.2 million in the last decade from fossil fuel companies" Soon.

He write what he's paid to write. None of it makes any sense.
Richard C. Willson, Principal Investigator in charge of NASA’s ACRIM series of Sun-monitoring Total Solar Irradiance satellite experiments (U.S.A.):
“Contrary to the findings of the IPCC, scientific observations in recent decades have demonstrated that there is no ‘climate change crisis’. The concept that’s devolved into the failed CO2 anthropogenic global warming (CAGW) hypothesis is based on the flawed predictions of imprecise 1980’s vintage global circulation models that have failed to match observational data both since and prior to their fabrication. The Earth’s climate is determined primarily by the radiation it receives from the Sun. The amount of solar radiation the Earth receives has natural variabilities caused by both variations in the intrinsic amount of radiation emitted by the Sun and by variations in the Earth-Sun geometry caused by planetary rotational and orbital variations. Together these natural variations cause the Total Solar Irradiance (TSI) at the Earth to vary cyclically on a number of known periodicities that are synchronized with known past climatic changes.”

Weep that 22 other scientists would sully their reputation working with the shill Soon. Statistical juggling. Geological record shows that CO2 correlates with global temperature. From a scientist with a world class reputation, unlike those fellows;

Hong Yan (晏宏), Professor of Geology and Paleoclimatology at the Institute of Earth Environment and Vice Director of the State Key Laboratory of Loess and Quaternary Geology in Xi’an, China: “Paleoclimate evidence has long been informing us of the large natural variations of local, regional and hemispheric climate on decadal, multidecadal to centennial timescales. This paper will be a great scientific guide on how we can study the broad topic of natural climatic changes from the unique perspective of external forcings by the Sun’s multi-scale and multi-wavelength impacts and responses.”

Going to have to go with FAKE NEWS on this one .. I'm sorry ... allow me to explain ...

The piece is behind the paywall at Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics ... only the absract is available for free ... and this clearly states the piece is debate ... not research ... it passes RAA's standards for published opinion, but is in no way, shape or form a "peer-reviewed scientific paper" ...

It just more statistical gymnastics ... urban forestry is a thing ...
It's the sun---and let me explain. Not only did the Earth heat up a bit, but so did the other bodies around our sun.

It's the sun---and let me explain. Not only did the Earth heat up a bit, but so did the other bodies around our sun.

Since when has NOAA distributed thermometers around the solar system? ... are there thousands of probes currently operating on any planet other than Earth? ... did you know Jupiter produces more radiative energy than it receives from the Sun? ...

Since we've been able to measure solar output, that output hasn't changed enough to be measured as temperature here on Earth's surface ...

You didn't explain anything, seems you're just vomiting forth yet again that which you read in the National Enquirer or Newsweek ... or People Magazine ...

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Since by the Milankovitch Cycles we should be in a cooling period, and were for the 6000 years prior to the Industrial Revolution, I will just have to assume you are pretty ignorant of recent history.
View attachment 534510
Do you know what happens at the end of each warm cycle? It spikes for about 30 years and then falls rapidly into glaciation.. You might want to take a much longer look at what is actually coming. It is all predictable.

Attachments

• CO2 and Ice Ages.JPG
    CO2 and Ice Ages.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 35
AGM can't be caused by solar activity ... because science has yet to come up with a practical way to tax the sun.

View attachment 530799

Although, research in that area continues apace.
I think it has more to do with the fact that the little the sun has varied in the last few decades is in the opposite direction. In other words, we are receiving slightly less energy from the sun while we are rapidly warming. Not that that fact makes the slightest bit of difference to the dumb fuck deniers.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Not that that fact makes the slightest bit of difference to the dumb fuck deniers

It's no coincidence that you use the word "denier" for anyone who disagrees with your dogmatic opinion.

It has been the label of choice by every group of religious fanatics down their the millennia.

Protestants-heretics-Spanish-Inquisition.jpg

It's no coincidence that you use the word "denier" for anyone who disagrees with your dogmatic opinion.

It has been the label of choice by every group of religious fanatics down their the millennia.

View attachment 549777
I believe this sums it up the best....

Conclusion. In the title of this paper, we asked “How much has the Sun influenced Northern Hemisphere temperature trends?” However, it should now be apparent that, despite the confidence with which many studies claim to have answered this question, it has not yet been satisfactorily answered. Given the many valid dissenting scientific opinions that remain on these issues, we argue that recent attempts to force an apparent scientific consensus (including the IPCC reports) on these scientific debates are premature and ultimately unhelpful for scientific progress. We hope that the analysis in this paper will encourage and stimulate further analysis and discussion. In the meantime, the debate is ongoing.

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1674-4527/21/6/131/pdf

Using powerful IR telescopes on Earth, it's possible to measure the temperature of the upper atmosphere on Venus.

Needless to say, Venus isn't getting warmer. (And neither is Mars, but that's another topic.)

That kills the "IT'S THE SUN!" theory. Given that Venus is so close to the sun, and that it has a very circular orbit and almost no inclination to cause seasons, its temperature should just reflect solar output changes.

Using powerful IR telescopes on Earth, it's possible to measure the temperature of the upper atmosphere on Venus.

Needless to say, Venus isn't getting warmer. (And neither is Mars, but that's another topic.)

That kills the "IT'S THE SUN!" theory. Given that Venus is so close to the sun, and that it has a very circular orbit and almost no inclination to cause seasons, its temperature should just reflect solar output changes.
Yeah that big fireball in the sky that can hold 1.3 million earth size planets inside it, surely couldn’t cause warming on earth. No…no…no way. But…man’s pollution is so much more powerful than the sun, it has to be the culprit.

Yeah that big fireball in the sky that can hold 1.3 million earth size planets inside it, surely couldn’t cause warming on earth. No…no…no way.
Why do you say such a stupid thing? Do you understand what a brainwashed cult imbecile it makes you look like?

You _are_ the only one saying something that stupid. I hope you don't embarrass yourself further by pretending otherwise. There should be limits to how low you're willing to stoop just to score points with an authoritarian political cult. Have some integrity, and refuse to lie on their behalf.

Why do you say such a stupid thing? Do you understand what a brainwashed cult imbecile it makes you look like?

You _are_ the only one saying something that stupid. I hope you don't embarrass yourself further by pretending otherwise. There should be limits to how low you're willing to stoop just to score points with an authoritarian political cult. Have some integrity, and refuse to lie on their behalf.
Really? That massive fireball just couldn’t be the culprit. Anyone who says so is a fool.

You’ve heard of the elephant in the room, right?

Forum List

Back