Pediatrician declines to care for lesbians baby.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Doctor s letter explains why she wouldn t care for baby with 2 moms

I understand her stance, but my question is...what does that have to do with taking care of a baby, medically, due to what the parents do in the bedroom?? Does she decline to care for babies whose parents have anal sex? How about pearl necklaces? Bondage? Fantasy? Erotic asphyxiation? Threesomes? Open marriages? Swing marriages?
How about mixed marriages? Or couples not married at all but live together and have children?

She needs a new calling. Her job is to make sure a baby is healthy...not judge what the parents do in the privacy of their bedroom.

I understand her stance, but my question is...what does that have to do with taking care of a baby, medically, due to what the parents do in the bedroom?? Does she decline to care for babies whose parents have anal sex? How about pearl necklaces? Bondage? Fantasy? Erotic asphyxiation? Threesomes? Open marriages? Swing marriages?
How about mixed marriages? Or couples not married at all but live together and have children?

She needs a new calling. Her job is to make sure a baby is healthy...not judge what the parents do in the privacy of their bedroom.

Yes she needs to do her job and call CPS.

Do people really tell their doctors about those things?

She is violating the hippocratic oath. I wouldn't trust her with my kids.

If not mistaken, physicians are legally obligated to care for whoever's in front of them. They are not allowed to pick and choose patients.

If not mistaken, physicians are legally obligated to care for whoever's in front of them. They are not allowed to pick and choose patients.

You are mistaken.

"Refusing to Treat Patients

Physicians do not have unlimited discretion to refuse to accept a person as a new patient. Because much of medicine is involved with federal regulations, physicians cannot refuse to accept a person for ethnic, racial, or religious reasons. Nor can they discriminate based on the person's sex, unless the sex of the patient is relevant to the physician's specialty. Outside these protected areas, physicians have great latitude in refusing to accept persons as patients."
Refusing to Treat Patients

She should be fired. You can't refuse to treat a child because you disagree with the parent's sex life.

The link provided only driects to a book selling site. I had to look it up. The letter the doctor wrote never mentioned the sexual orientation of the parents. The letter said that after the pre natal interview the doctor determined that she could not develop the deep personal bond that she required in her practice. The doctor recommended another pediatrician in the same office.

We don't know why the doctor felt that the bond was lacking.

The link provided only driects to a book selling site. I had to look it up. The letter the doctor wrote never mentioned the sexual orientation of the parents. The letter said that after the pre natal interview the doctor determined that she could not develop the deep personal bond that she required in her practice. The doctor recommended another pediatrician in the same office.

Hard to bond if the thought of dykes makes you puke.

Just sayin'................!

You don't know that was the reason. You just assume that's the reason.

You don't know that was the reason. You just assume that's the reason.

It is awful coincidental.

That being said, I love how everyone wants us to be free, unless we choose to do something THEY don't want us doing

Yes they are you retard. A doctor decides who will be their patient in private practice. Now if she does rounds in a Hospital she has no choice.

This is a supposed picture of the doctor.

Capture.JPG

Well she is a she, so that eliminates a part of the expected progressive 'war on women" attack that is about to begin.

She also could be of a non-white persuasion, which would lead to a possible circular firing squad all of us opposed to progressive policies love to watch.

The decision not to be this baby's doctor might have nothing to do with two moms but the level of care. These women have ideas about child care unrelated to sexual orientation that the doctor might find incompatible with her practice. Maybe they wanted holistic care instead of vaccinations. The doctor might have looked forward and realized that insistence on probiotics instead of antibiotics was going to cause problems later on.

Yes they are you retard. A doctor decides who will be their patient in private practice. Now if she does rounds in a Hospital she has no choice.

Don't count on that. There was a case of a psychologist who did marital and relationship counseling. Two lesbians consulted this female psychologist for relationship counseling. The counselor referred them to another psychologist who was trained and experienced in same sex couple difficulties. The lesbians sued and won. The defense wasn't an objection to same sex couples. Nor was the refusal based on religious grounds. The defense was incompetence in a specialty area. That wasn't good enough. The counselor provided services to the lesbians or lose her license.

Why a gay couple would prefer counseling from an inadequate provider was never made clear. The counselor was allowed to provide a waiver of liability agreement for the lesbians to sign indicating that they knew the counselor had no experience or training in same sex relationships and they could not sue her for negligence or malpractice.

Don't count on that. There was a case of a psychologist who did marital and relationship counseling. Two lesbians consulted this female psychologist for relationship counseling. The counselor referred them to another psychologist who was trained and experienced in same sex couple difficulties. The lesbians sued and won. The defense wasn't an objection to same sex couples. Nor was the refusal based on religious grounds. The defense was incompetence in a specialty area. That wasn't good enough. The counselor provided services to the lesbians or lose her license.

Why a gay couple would prefer counseling from an inadequate provider was never made clear. The counselor was allowed to provide a waiver of liability agreement for the lesbians to sign indicating that they knew the counselor had no experience or training in same sex relationships and they could not sue her for negligence or malpractice.
What a disgusting excuse for a pediatrician.

Because of this one thing? So any other good she has done is destroyed solely by her being honest about herself and her morals (if that was actually the reason?)

So this is the new litmus test?

My experience with dyke parents has led me to believe they are trampy, addicted, usually have learning disabilities and a long and well documented history with child welfare, not only as adults, but as children. They move around a lot, and the composition of their household changes regularly.

I hate seeing them walk through the door too.

What a disgusting excuse for a pediatrician.

Yeah, doctors should never refer patients they can't stand to look at. Because it would be better if they treated them themselves, knowing that they are going to question every word that the patient says.

Forum List

Back