Pay your fair share is Leftist BS propaganda

You are moving the goal posts. You asked why didn't the GOP change the laws? They did. Democrats have a disparate belief system in terms of taxes so why aren't they changing the laws?
Apologies. I took "change the laws" to mean cleaning up the tax code, not merely adjusting the rates.

OK, thats fine but in my example the man paid $8bn!!! The man paying $300k will never get to even $10mil in his LIFE of paying taxes and our fist man paid $8Bn in one year. Why should they pay more and how much more? Honestly?

An appropriate amount would be the right amount. Why do you defend billionaires who don't f'n need more money and won't hire any more people with the extra billions you hand them carte blanche?

Apologies. I took "change the laws" to mean cleaning up the tax code, not merely adjusting the rates.
GOP likes what they have. Democrats do not. So why aren't they changing stuff instead of wearing Tax the Rich dresses? They control Congress and the WH? What specifically is stopping them? I am genuinely asking.

View attachment 557474

Pretty sure the "wealthy" pay more than their fair share based on the above exhibit.

View attachment 557475

Many of these tax credit programs, such as the child tax credit, also benefit middle-income taxpayers but typically don’t erase their tax liability. However, as is evident in the chart, taxpayers in the $30,000 to $100,000 range have effective tax rates in the single digits.

Stop whining, leftists.

View attachment 557476

Specious argument. It's not about how much any particular group pays, but how much revenue is collected, and to what purpose. The Constitution is very clear.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; ArtI. S8. C1.

If not enough revenue is collected to provide for those things, or if a fraud is perpetrated to those ends, the argument itself becomes a fraud.

What's good for the filthy rich, large corporations or defense contractors, does not equal the general welfare of the United States. What's good for the majority of the people is.

That was reflected between the years of 1945-1980. Since that time, over $10 trillion has been extracted from the majority of the people, and redistributed to the above entities in the form of tax cuts, and subsidies.

The current debt which now stands at $28 trillion is a direct cause of those tax cuts, and subsidies. Before 1980, the debt was less than $1 trillion. Those tax cuts and subsidies is the only thing that has changed in that time. When you cut revenue, while at the sametime increase subsidies, you explode the debt by having to borrow the money, that must be repaid with interest.

This is economics, and history 101.

Nice charts though.

An appropriate amount would be the right amount. Why do you defend billionaires who don't f'n need more money and won't hire any more people with the extra billions you hand them carte blanche?
I am less defending them but the concept. If someone pays $8bn in taxes that is pretty significant? Yes or no? Why are we so obsessed with percentages? I am also not saying I am right. I am just wondering why the vitriol is spent on them versus Congress who spends like drunken sailors?

GOP likes what they have. Democrats do not. So why aren't they changing stuff instead of wearing Tax the Rich dresses? They control Congress and the WH? What specifically is stopping them? I am genuinely asking.

Are you asking why they don't just raise the rates? Or why they don't clean up the code?

They don't raise the rates because they know it would cause significant economic damage. They'll probably push for it right before the 2022 elections, to ensure the effects won't occur until after.

They won't clean up the code because the byzantine mess of exemptions/incentives/rebates/penalties/etc gives Congress lots of power. Congress likes power.

So when will you support a minimum tax for Bezos, Musk and Buffett who currently pay around 1% or slightly more while small businesses pay up to 35?

lies.

Are you asking why they don't just raise the rates? Or why they don't clean up the code?

They don't raise the rates because they know it would cause significant economic damage. They'll probably push for it right before the 2022 elections, to ensure the effects won't occur until after.

They won't clean up the code because the byzantine mess of exemptions/incentives/rebates/penalties/etc gives Congress lots of power. Congress likes power.
It was both and I appreciate your honest answer. Thank you.

View attachment 557474

Pretty sure the "wealthy" pay more than their fair share based on the above exhibit.

View attachment 557475

Many of these tax credit programs, such as the child tax credit, also benefit middle-income taxpayers but typically don’t erase their tax liability. However, as is evident in the chart, taxpayers in the $30,000 to $100,000 range have effective tax rates in the single digits.

Stop whining, leftists.

View attachment 557476
Nah, that's a very Centrist idea in any other Civilized Nation.

I am on the extreme right? LOL

You have lost your mind, leftist.
In certain ways, yes, absolutely. In other ways, no. The only reason you think youvarent is because you live in the United States, which has a light of far right folks, when it comes to economics. Of course, you all think you are just"nornal", and any idea that doesn't please you is "far left". It's part of your coping mechanism.

Forum List

Back