What is a 'fair share'?

A "fair share" can really only be expressed in terms of a percentage.

As such, we should have a flat tax. Everyone pays the same percentage of their income.

How that's not fair is a mystery to me...

Social justice warriors have deemed this 'equity-less' for decades based on a proportional unfairness argument.

Hoss, there is no Constitutional authorization for a ballot initiative. That's why we elect Representatives and Senators.

Then that's a good reason for not electing someone just because they have a (R) or (D) after their name. Most sheep don't know a thing about a person except for their designation. And the majority of the Sacred 535 + 1 are good at abusing their oath to the Constitution.

Also, I think it's a good idea for voters to be required to pass a written test of the Constitution in order to vote. Far too many people waste that one precious vote they have.

Then that's a good reason for not electing someone just because they have a (R) or (D) after their name. Most sheep don't know a thing about a person except for their designation. And the majority of the Sacred 535 + 1 are good at abusing their oath to the Constitution.

Also, I think it's a good idea for voters to be required to pass a written test of the Constitution in order to vote. Far too many people waste that one precious vote they have.

Also, most American voters SUCK at math above the basic ÷, -, ÷, ×, !

Supreme Court Justices and state Governors have no input into the federal government's budget. Did you ever take a course in government or civics? If you did, you must have failed miserably!
Yes I did and I passed with flying colors. I know full well that what I’m suggesting would require Constitutional Amendments or better yet, a complete rewriting of the Constitution. I believe it would be far better this way, and would assure that “emergency” money was only used for the most extreme causes.

Too vague. I never approved government spending millions to study whether pigeons follow the same economic principles as humans. There is nothing constitutional about such expenditure. I should not be taxed to cover that expense.

Yes you did. You did when you voted for the same old parties that have been doing this for longer than we have been alive

Yes you did. You did when you voted for the same old parties that have been doing this for longer than we have been alive
I am given little choice on who I get to vote for.

Your logic would be that if I didn't anticipate where the earthquake or tornado would hit and choose a different building site, it is my fault that my property is damaged. I know there is such a thing as a true public servant who works for me. I have known a few of those in my lifetime.

But if we can't even agree on what a fair share is to pay the government to govern, how can we ever agree on who would govern best according to what we the people want?

I am given little choice on who I get to vote for.

How many choices for POTUS were on your ballot in 2020?

Your logic would be that if I didn't anticipate where the earthquake or tornado would hit and choose a different building site, it is my fault that my property is damaged. I know there is such a thing as a true public servant who works for me. I have known a few of those in my lifetime.

It is nothing like that.

We have elections every 2 years, a chance to let our elected officials know how we feel about what they are doing. We reelect the people in Congress at a greater than 90% clip. That is WE THE PEOPLE giving them our approval of what they do.

How many choices for POTUS were on your ballot in 2020?

It is nothing like that.

We have elections every 2 years, a chance to let our elected officials know how we feel about what they are doing. We reelect the people in Congress at a greater than 90% clip. That is WE THE PEOPLE giving them our approval of what they do.
That is what elections are supposed to be for. But no, it isn't we the people giving approval for what they do. The people certainly didn't give approval for what Biden and the Democrats have done the last two years. Half the people hated Trump despite a wonderful economy, controlled border, and near peace in our time and couldn't wait to get rid of him. But everyone thinks it is the other guy and not their own choice that is the problem.

And currently we are a people so divided it has become an impossible situation. How many think legalized marijuana is a good idea vs a bad idea. How many people want unlimited abortion or barely regulated abortion vs those who want strict limits on abortion or no abortion? How many want a Supreme Court that rules as we want thing to be rather than as the Constitution decrees? How many people support 'woke' indoctrination on many issues versus those who believe/know that is destroying our culture?

And nobody so far has even a clue what a 'fair share' is.

That is what elections are supposed to be for. But no, it isn't we the people giving approval for what they do. The people certainly didn't give approval for what Biden and the Democrats have done the last two years. But everyone thinks it is the other guy and not their own choice that is the problem.

And currently we are a people so divided it has become an impossible situation. How many think legalized marijuana is a good idea vs a bad idea. How many people want unlimited abortion or barely regulated abortion vs those who want strict limits on abortion or no abortion? How many want a Supreme Court that rules as we want thing to be rather than as the Constitution decrees? How many people support 'woke' indoctrination on many issues versus those who believe/know that is destroying our culture?

And nobody so far has even a clue what a 'fair share' is.
The American people voted for Biden and for Congress to turn Democratic based on what they said before they were elected.

What is the 'fair share' that taxpayers should pay?

We hear a lot from the left that rich Americans should pay their 'fair share.'

President Trump said the USA paid the huge lion's share of NATO, the UN, etc. and other countries should pay their 'fair share.'

Let's be honest that yes, the government can collect taxes, print money, sell bonds to cover some of its debt, but in the end it is we Americans who live with the consequences of tax policy and what the government spends money on.

So how do we define a 'fair share' that we should pay and/or others should pay?
Unfortunately, we do it democratically. Which means the wolves can vote to have sheep for dinner. Long as they have 50.1% of the vote.

The American people voted for Biden and for Congress to turn Democratic based on what they said before they were elected.
A lot did yes. And few admit buyer's remorse. But a whole lot didn't.
A people divided who can't agree on what government should be. Most don't know if what they mean with what they say. Like everybody says all should pay their fair share. But nobody seems to know what that is.

That is what elections are supposed to be for. But no, it isn't we the people giving approval for what they do.

If your contract at work had to be renewed every two years and every two years it was, would you not take that as a sign your employer approved of what you were doing?

Same holds true for Congress, they take the 90% plus reelection rate as an example they are doing the right thing.

If your contract at work had to be renewed every two years and every two years it was, would you not take that as a sign your employer approved of what you were doing?

Same holds true for Congress, they take the 90% plus reelection rate as an example they are doing the right thing.
Still not the point. Too many Supreme Court decisions are 5/4. Too many congressional votes require arm twisting, threats, extortion, bribes to get a majority. Too few people voting actually know what it is they are voting for.
Too few people can even say what they mean by 'fair share'.
A people divided.

Still not the point. Too many Supreme Court decisions are 5/4. Too many congressional votes require arm twisting, threats, extortion, bribes to get a majority. Too few people voting actually know what it is they are voting for.
Too few people can even say what they mean by 'fair share'.
A people divided.

A people divided all by design, by the very people we elect to govern our nation. While they divide us they use kabuki theater and pretend to hate each other.

Answer me this... In late 2019 during the heart of the 1st impeachment our elected leaders who supposedly hated each other somehow came together to pass a whole slew of bill right before the end of the year and the Trump signed them all. From added spending to fucking with the retirement system, these bills made it through in the dark of the night with almost no media coverage and not a word from Trump when he signed them.

How does that happen with two parties at war with each other?

Forum List

Back