What is a 'fair share'?

And that same person oversaw the largest expansion of the federal government since WWII.

The only fair income tax is a flat tax. But then again only people who claim their incomes pay it.

The ideal tax IMO is a consumption tax or a sales tax. Now the necessities should not be taxed so food, prescription drugs, and clothing (up to $100 dollars per item) should never be taxed
A flat income tax that EVERYBODY pays above a certain threshhold is appealing to me. The lower income earner should expect to pay his fair share as that person votes and the consequences of his/her vote should be a factor to him/her as much as everybody else.

But this would be with the caveat that the government could not spend more than it budgets except in extreme emergencies and it could not budget more than that 10% anticipated revenue. It would need to be written into the law that the government could not raise the tax rate without a vote of the people. And those who vote to increase the tax rate should also experience the effect of that.

That would be an incentive for government to encourage entrepreneurship, encourage higher earnings and profits, provide incentives for businesses do operate here instead of in more tax friendly countries overseas, encourage increased prosperity for all. Americans.

And if we went with a national sales tax instead of a flat income tax or a combination of the two, it would need to be with the same caveat.

This to me would be everybody paying their fair share.

Last edited:
A flat income tax that EVERYBODY pays above a certain threshhold is appealing to me. The lower income earner should expect to pay his fair share as that person votes and the consequences of his/her vote should be a factor to him/her as much as everybody else.

But this would be with the caveat that the government could not spend more than it budgets except in extreme emergencies and it could not budget more than that 10% anticipated revenue. It would need to be written into the law that the government could not raise the tax rate without a vote of the people. And those who vote to increase the tax rate should also experience the effect of that.

That would be an incentive for government to encourage entrepreneurship, encourage higher earnings and profits, provide incentives for businesses do operate here instead of in more tax friendly countries overseas, encourage increased prosperity for all. Americans.

And if we went with a national sales tax instead of a flat income tax or a combination of the two, it would need to be with the same caveat.

This to me would be everybody paying their fair share.
We already have too many people cheating on their income taxes.

A consumption tax will collect more tax revenue from more people

the private sector can't on it's own ensure a decent quality of life for all citizens, we need government to level the playing field
Neither can government

Some people are just too stupid or lazy to contribute their fair share of effort and do not deserve a “decent quality of life” at someone else's expense

Forum List

Back