Paul Ryan Reverses Stance On Gay Adoption

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
How much longer before he is for gay marriage?

Paul Ryan Reverses Stance On Gay Adoption

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Monday during a town hall event in Janesville, Wis., that he has changed his position on gay couples adopting children, WKOW reports.

An audience member at the event asked Ryan why he doesn't support same-sex marriage. Ryan said that while he continues to believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman, he now regrets voting in 1999 to ban same-sex couples in the District of Columbia from adopting children.

"Adoption, I’d vote differently these days. That was I think a vote I took in my first term, 1999 or 2000," Ryan said. "I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple, I think if a person wants to love and raise a child they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way."
<more>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OSyUK92cws&feature=player_embedded]Ryan on samesex adoption - YouTube[/ame]

It's pretty hard to defend keeping a kid traveling from house to house in foster care rather than adopted into some kind of stable home.

It's pretty hard to defend keeping a kid traveling from house to house in foster care rather than adopted into some kind of stable home.

stable home?

wow

good for you.

glad to see you dont always carry your chisel

what took him so long ...

Ryan said that while he continues to believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman ...

in lite of his conversion why continue to cling to the above hypocrisy ?

what took him so long ...

Ryan said that while he continues to believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman ...
in lite of his conversion why continue to cling to the above hypocrisy ?

He's catholic.

And he just went against the doctrine of the church because his conscious bothered him.

I guess that proves that you are dumber than he is.

hes a moralless shill.

how much of a compassionate conservative did Bush turn out to be.

That was Bushies whole STICK in 2000

He's catholic.

And he just went against the doctrine of the church because his conscious bothered him.

I guess that proves that you are dumber than he is.
I think you read more into those two words than was intended.

I read into them that you think he is a hypocrite for not supporting gay marriage, which is only true if he is both gay and married. Since I doubt you believe that, i mocked you for agreeing with someone who misused the word hypocrite.

Forum List

Back