Bloodbath - Small, well-built Chinese EV called the Seagull poses a big threat to the US auto industry

Japan should go Retro and reintroduce the 1986-91 Suzuki Samurai 4x4 Jeep in both Gas and Electric variants for a little more than the Chinese Rig
Japan should do a lot of things. reintroducing a roll over king is not one of them

So, what you are saying is that you think the Fed Govt should do all it can to keep Americans from buying a small, well built reasonably price automobile because our auto makers are not able to make such a thing?

Great fucking plan
They're not able to do that because of the UAW.

Things are all topsy-turvy these days.

Electric propulsion is viable in lighter things. Say a tuktuk or bike or trike or smart car or whatever them things are in Knoxville.

In something on American highways? No.

An Electric version of a 1989 Chevy Suburban that holds 9 is NOT viable.

Trump said BLOODBATH, and some of you misquoted and mocked Trump and accused him of inciting violence. Not true at all.
Wait one minute! You said Trump's tariffs are no good and "we know who pays for it". Trumps tariffs are keeping this car out of the USA for now.
Is the auto industry prepared for a Bloodbath as Trump said?

LIVONIA, Mich. (AP) — A tiny, low-priced electric car called the Seagull has American automakers and politicians trembling.

The car, launched last year by Chinese automaker BYD, sells for around $12,000 in China, but drives well and is put together with craftsmanship that rivals U.S. electric vehicles that cost three times as much. A shorter-range version costs under $10,000.

Tariffs on imported Chinese vehicles will keep the Seagull out of America for now, and it likely would sell for more than 12 grand if imported.

We have to keep it out of the US market

That's traumatizing, I'm sorry.
Traveling with a group of seven or eight foreigners at the time. A bunch of soldiers appeared out of nowhere, hustled us onto a bus, and drove us nonstop however 100 miles to the east before they let us out.

Not the only people I saw die while I was there.

I have never been a soldier and I have never claimed to have the stomach for it, but the road goes where it goes and you see what you see.

get the years correct, then get back to me.
I put 115k Miles on my Purchased new 1986 Samurai White Standard Convertible and an ex GF purchased a leftover New 89 New Dark Red / Black / Chrome Standard Convertible in late 1990 and my Neighbor today ( The Widow Boone) has her Red 73 ( Bought new in late 72 ) Super Beetle

I put 115k Miles on my Purchased new 1986 Samurai White Standard Convertible and an ex GF purchased a leftover New 89 New Dark Red / Black / Chrome Standard Convertible in late 1990 and my Neighbor today ( The Widow Boone) has her Red 73 ( Bought new in late 72 ) Super Beetle
you are incorrect on the VW year/s. Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Chinese automakers have had problems getting into foreign markets. Why?

---Ten years ago Chinese carmaker Chery left Australia with its tail between its legs after being rocked by several scandals including an asbestos scare and dismal crash test results.---

Traveling with a group of seven or eight foreigners at the time. A bunch of soldiers appeared out of nowhere, hustled us onto a bus, and drove us nonstop however 100 miles to the east before they let us out.

Not the only people I saw die while I was there.

I have never been a soldier and I have never claimed to have the stomach for it, but the road goes where it goes and you see what you see.
Damn, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Forum List

Back