Paul Drops Out; Cruz Will Strengthen

Which one?
Which what? lol Cruz cheating or who is out..?
I know Cruz won't be out, but he is the one I would like to see out .

He has shown that he can look at you smiling while stabbing you in the back..

Actually Cruz is the smartest of the bunch, but he has a sorta costic personality. Rubio and Rand are my favorites.
You really can't say Cruz back stabs people. He's pretty up front on his ideas, ie ethanol.

Cruz and Carson were friends who had dinner several times together..Cruz threw Carson under the bus and said sorry when it was too late..Cruz is very smart but I feel he is using his knowledge to be an ass legally.
I saw Rand on a talk show, I actually started to like him. I also like that he tried to stop the hands getting into our social security cookie jar.

I remember when Kemp, Roth tried to get SS off budget but Jimmy Carter scared seniors to death with that idea.
If only in 74 they would have gone that route. SS would be safe and our country more fiscally responsible.
It is like raiding my children's bank account while they were sleeping..

Have you seen this?

the world has a habit of crucifying their saviors.

After what Cruz did in Iowa, the jerk is out...hoping so anyway.
Which one?

Actually Cruz is the smartest of the bunch, but he has a sorta costic personality. Rubio and Rand are my favorites.
You really can't say Cruz back stabs people. He's pretty up front on his ideas, ie ethanol.

Cruz has a caustic personality? Compared to whom?

Yeah, he pisses off his fellow GOP Senators, but I rather thought that was what he was sent to Washington to do. Anyone else remember the whole "Tea Party Revolution" thing two years ago? Anyone? Bueller?

By all accounts - other than people who are currently trying to derail his campaign - he's rather pleasant in person.
I really have nothing against him. He's just not my favorite.
Have you seen that video of him taking that ethanol farmer apart in Iowa. Priceless.

The main reason he's my favorite is BECAUSE of videos of him handling people like the farmer and the disruption protesters from Black Lives Matter. No running away, no screaming invectives. Just polite, firm, reasoned logic.

Rand Paul supporters will go no where near Cruz. Cruz is a right wing wacko. I can see them gravitating towards Trump if anything

You're correct about Cruz. I am sure some will jump over to Trump but I see more heading over to Gary Johnson or simply not voting at all.

Rand Paul supporters will go no where near Cruz. Cruz is a right wing wacko. I can see them gravitating towards Trump if anything

You're correct about Cruz. I am sure some will jump over to Trump but I see more heading over to Gary Johnson or simply not voting at all.

Gary Johnson....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Thanks for the morning laugh!!!

good point brother....this will be interesting to see what happens. I'm looking forward to it.

Cruz and Carson were friends who had dinner several times together..Cruz threw Carson under the bus and said sorry when it was too late..Cruz is very smart but I feel he is using his knowledge to be an ass legally.
I saw Rand on a talk show, I actually started to like him. I also like that he tried to stop the hands getting into our social security cookie jar.

I remember when Kemp, Roth tried to get SS off budget but Jimmy Carter scared seniors to death with that idea.
If only in 74 they would have gone that route. SS would be safe and our country more fiscally responsible.
It is like raiding my children's bank account while they were sleeping..

Have you seen this?

the world has a habit of crucifying their saviors.

Depends on how susceptible they are to someone who's a blatant huckster. I think Rand Paul's a nut, but I at least think he's a sincere nut. Donald Trump reminds me of a tent revival preacher.

Well, Paul's supporters tend to be rabidly loyal fans, so there's a good chance a lot of them will just give up in disgust.

I don't see Rand Paul 'Libertarians' going anywhere near the radical Right Wing Bible Thumper Cruz. The differences in how a Libertarian sees the world compared to someone like Cruz are light years apart.
Those Libertarians who are still interested in voting, who didn't just say "FUCK IT! my candidate quit and I'm spending the bus money to go vote on a blunt and a bag of red liquorice instead" are much more tuned into the "FUCK ALL OF YOU!" message Trump is sending.
Trump will get most of the Libertarian vote intended for Paul.
As more candidates drop out their supporters will be told: "Some of you might have to hold your noses but you all have to turn out and deny the fucking Clintons from getting back into the White house, which will give Obama a third term, whoever our nominee is!".
There is no candidate remaining that agreed with libertarian ideas more than Cruz does, now that Paul is out. That means the bulk of his followers will likely go to Cruz. Far more of them will go to Cruz than will go to Rubio, for sher.

Cruz is the second selection for so many people, and among libertarians that supported Paul, Cruz was the second choice for most of them.

:laugh2: Really? I'd like to see your evidence of that because no libertarian I know, including myself, would vote for an ultra conservative nut like Cruz.

There is no candidate remaining that agreed with libertarian ideas more than Cruz does, now that Paul is out. That means the bulk of his followers will likely go to Cruz. Far more of them will go to Cruz than will go to Rubio, for sher.

There is nothing libertarian about Ted Cruz. He is a far right conservative. Where are you getting this nonsense from?

Have you seen this?

Senator Paul, like most libertarians, are inclined to misrepresent Social Security borrowing as theft. Special issue US Treasury bonds are placed into Social Security when they borrow that money and those bonds bear the full faith and confidence of the US government. The US government would have to default and ruin its credit in order to default on those bonds just like any other Treasury issued bonds. Thus these loans are not theft at all, merely borrowing from the Social Security program.

I dont like such borrowing as I think it creates a persistent impression that Social Security is just this little piggy bank for our politicians to raid on a recurring basis and that is not good for Social Security and so I do like Paul's proposed 60 vote majority to borrow from SocSec.

Cruz is the second selection for so many people, and among libertarians that supported Paul, Cruz was the second choice for most of them.

:laugh2: Really? I'd like to see your evidence of that because no libertarian I know, including myself, would vote for an ultra conservative nut like Cruz.
Lol, as a person who used to be active for a short time in Libertarian Party politics, I know that there are typically four kinds of libertarians.

1. Randian Objectivists who basically run the Libertarian Party. That is why they got really pissed at Bob Barr when he got the party nomination in 2008 as he is not an Objectivist.

2. Constitutionalists who are the vast majority in that party.

3. Anarchists who really dont get into party activity but think of themselves as Libertarian because the word has more respectability. They are regular no shows and thus largely in effect irrelevant.

4. Christian Libertarians who are most often also Constitutional Libertarians and are too disorganized to represent much of anything other than showing up for a meeting.

In the several county level meetings I showed up to in Maryland and Virginia, almost everyone there were Christian/Constitutionalists, while the leaders were all Randian Objectivists and the Anarchists are no shows, as always.

You sound like an anarchist, dude, lol.

I know that Ted Cruz would have been wildly popular at these meetings except among the leadership. Objectivists seem to have a maxim that if the party is becoming effective, then it isnt pure ideologically enough and then parrying things down. They want free coffee more than winning it seems

Lol, as a person who used to be active for a short time in Libertarian Party politics, I know that there are typically four kinds of libertarians.

1. Randian Objectivists who basically run the Libertarian Party. That is why they got really pissed at Bob Barr when he got the party nomination in 2008 as he is not an Objectivist.

3. Anarchists who really dont get into party activity but think of themselves as Libertarian because the word has more respectability. They are regular no shows and thus largely in effect irrelevant.

4. Christian Libertarians who are most often also Constitutional Libertarians and are too disorganized to represent much of anything other than showing up for a meeting.

In the several county level meetings I showed up to in Maryland and Virginia, almost everyone there were Christian/Constitutionalists, while the leaders were all Randian Objectivists and the Anarchists are no shows, as always.

I know that Ted Cruz would have been wildly popular at these meetings except among the leadership. Objectivists seem to have a maxim that if the party is becoming effective, then it isnt pure ideologically enough and then parrying things down. They want free coffee more than winning it seems

Again, show me your evidence that Cruz is their second choice. Otherwise, stop pulling shit out of your ass.

There is nothing libertarian about Ted Cruz. He is a far right conservative. Where are you getting this nonsense from?

I am getting it from Cruz support for requiring warrnts for the NSA to snoop on people emails and phone calls, his constant upholding of the Constitution and his support for Paul when he demanded that the administration answer his questions regarding their policy on killing Americans overseas.

Ted Cruz Speech Nods to Increasing Libertarian Views within Republican Party

Ted Cruz invades Rand Paul territory

Ted Cruz sets sights on Rand Paul’s libertarian base

Cruz Scores Major Upset Among Libertarian Voters | Cruz for President

Ted Cruz’s Analytics-Driven Plan to Steal the Libertarian Vote from Rand, by Joel Gehrke, National Review

Again, show me your evidence that Cruz is their second choice. Otherwise, stop pulling shit out of your ass.

If you would educate yourself on the issues instead of demanding that everyone do your reading and thinking for you you wouldnt have to repeat yourself so much like a brain addled parrot, dude.

Lol, sometimes you seem to know what you are talking about.

Then other times you sound like an ignoramus like in the above post.

Being a libertarian has nothing to do with getting high 24/7 and cruising gay bars, doofus.

Those are just your personal preferences.

Forum List

Back