Paul Drops Out; Cruz Will Strengthen

Cruz is the second selection for so many people, and among libertarians that supported Paul, Cruz was the second choice for most of them.

:laugh2: Really? I'd like to see your evidence of that because no libertarian I know, including myself, would vote for an ultra conservative nut like Cruz.
Lol, as a person who used to be active for a short time in Libertarian Party politics, I know that there are typically four kinds of libertarians.

1. Randian Objectivists who basically run the Libertarian Party. That is why they got really pissed at Bob Barr when he got the party nomination in 2008 as he is not an Objectivist.

2. Constitutionalists who are the vast majority in that party.

3. Anarchists who really dont get into party activity but think of themselves as Libertarian because the word has more respectability. They are regular no shows and thus largely in effect irrelevant.

4. Christian Libertarians who are most often also Constitutional Libertarians and are too disorganized to represent much of anything other than showing up for a meeting.

In the several county level meetings I showed up to in Maryland and Virginia, almost everyone there were Christian/Constitutionalists, while the leaders were all Randian Objectivists and the Anarchists are no shows, as always.

You sound like an anarchist, dude, lol.

I know that Ted Cruz would have been wildly popular at these meetings except among the leadership. Objectivists seem to have a maxim that if the party is becoming effective, then it isnt pure ideologically enough and then parrying things down. They want free coffee more than winning it seems

Again, show me your evidence that Cruz is their second choice. Otherwise, stop pulling shit out of your ass.

If you would educate yourself on the issues instead of demanding that everyone do your reading and thinking for you you wouldnt have to repeat yourself so much like a brain addled parrot, dude.

First of all, you made the claim. The onus is on you to provide the evidence, not me to go out and find it.

Second, a few examples of former Paul supporters backing Cruz is not evidence that sentiment is wide spread throughout the libertarian movement. Not everybody who supported Rand's presidential campaign was libertarian. There are also a lot of conservatives who falsely identify themselves as libertarians, like Glenn Beck, for example, which is an absolute joke. A true libertarian is not going to line up behind the most ultra conservative guy running for president. There are far too many differences between mainstream libertarianism and the philosophies of Ted Cruz. Many libertarians will now vote for Gary Johnson, which is what I will likely do and what I did in 2012, and many others will simply not vote. Some will roll over to the Republican candidate or possibly even Bernie Sanders if he is the nominee.

First of all, you made the claim. The onus is on you to provide the evidence, not me to go out and find it.

And I did provide the evidence from Cruz political record and his speeches. I also gave his targeted audience as being predominately libertarian and the fact that many libertarians have supported him.

Not sure what else I can be expected to do.

Second, a few examples of former Paul supporters backing Cruz is not evidence that sentiment is wide spread throughout the libertarian movement. Not everybody who supported Rand's presidential campaign was libertarian. There are also a lot of conservatives who falsely identify themselves as libertarians, like Glenn Beck, for example, which is an absolute joke. A true libertarian is not going to line up behind the most ultra conservative guy running for president. There are far too many differences between mainstream libertarianism and the philosophies of Ted Cruz. Many libertarians will now vote for Gary Johnson, which is what I will likely do and what I did in 2012, and many others will simply not vote. Some will roll over to the Republican candidate or possibly even Bernie Sanders if he is the nominee.

Now I see your perspective here, I think. You are a 'true blue' libertarian for whom libertarianism is more than simple a desire for more limited government that does not try to enforce traditional values as I think most define it.

I concede that Ted Cruz is not an Objectivist and that is apparent since he has won elections and wants to win even more, a decidedly unRandian thing to do and desire. But Randian Objectivism is not the political main stream of libertariansim at all. Maybe it is among academics and the Doper Party, but no one who plans to win an election is an Objectivist. People just are not comfortable living in a nation of perverts, drug addicts and throwing their grandparents off a cliff.

Cruz has a caustic personality? Compared to whom?

Satan...
:biggrin:

View attachment 62156

Whatever, drama queen. Don't you have a conniption fit you're late to?

We all know Ted and his crew had it planned, he is not stupid..

He also sent out the on the border of illegal , but legal enough to get away with .Guilt mailers, by having a huge physiological study on the people in Iowa to get them to the polls..Yes it has been done before, but not in the crummy way he did it ..neighbor against neighbor.

Cruz did know about Carson, he is a dirty player. This is MSNBC but its on all of the channels.

Carson: Cruz campaign sabotaged us with 'dirty tricks'

Satan...

View attachment 62156

He also sent out the on the border of illegal , but legal enough to get away with .Guilt mailers, by having a huge physiological study on the people in Iowa to get them to the polls..Yes it has been done before, but not in the crummy way he did it ..neighbor against neighbor.

Cruz did know about Carson, he is a dirty player. This is MSNBC but its on all of the channels.

Prove Cruz had anything to do with the charge that Carson was dropping out.

Don't you watch the news...Cruz stabbed him in the back and then said..Oh I am sorry my friend..

One day after winning the Iowa caucuses, Cruz issued an apology to Carson after his staff falsely told Iowa caucusgoers that Carson planned to quit the race, calling it a "mistake."

First on CNN: Ted Cruz apologizes to Ben Carson - CNNPolitics.com

Cruz never had to apologize, he did that of his own free will.

Sometimes staffers are overly zealous.

Don't you watch the news...Cruz stabbed him in the back and then said..Oh I am sorry my friend..

One day after winning the Iowa caucuses, Cruz issued an apology to Carson after his staff falsely told Iowa caucusgoers that Carson planned to quit the race, calling it a "mistake."

Wow, ok whatever you say...lol if Hillary did this you would be all over it...

I can't believe you just let him off the hook..

If there is actual evidence that Cruz was the one who specifically initiated this event then share it.

Dude, I dont like Hillary as much as most dont like her, but there is a ton of evidence showing she has broken multiple laws to include obstruction of justice, violations of national security laws and committing a Clintonista favorite, perjury.

If there is any evidence other than partisan infighting to show Cruz initiated this event then please share it.

Otherwise you are engaging in pure slander.

That was mighty white of Paul to do. No sense in dragging this out like last time. We need to bring this thing to a conclusion and focus on beating that vile bitch so that we can save our nation.

If there is actual evidence that Cruz was the one who specifically initiated this event then share it.

Dude, I dont like Hillary as much as most dont like her, but there is a ton of evidence showing she has broken multiple laws to include obstruction of justice, violations of national security laws and committing a Clintonista favorite, perjury.

If there is any evidence other than partisan infighting to show Cruz initiated this event then please share it.

Otherwise you are engaging in pure slander.

You asked me to prove it and then I did, and then you avoided it calling it slander, try watching the news once in a while. ... Go ahead and vote for Cruz, you deserve him .. lol

Paul is the only candidate I would have voted for from either party. Looks like another year of sitting on the sidelines, and watching another shitty candidate be elected. Then in four years I can listen to voters cry that their guy disappointed them as they reelect them for a second term. Voters really are fucking dumb.

Satan...

View attachment 62156

"We all know" = "It's all scary and scandalous, so I'm going to pounce on it and freak out and assume everyone else agrees with me!"

So basically, "He said it was a mistake and apologized, so that means HE KNEW and HE PLOTTED IT and it was DELIBERATE, Ehrmagerd!!!!!"

Never been to a caucus, but my understanding is that it's crazed and frenetic and a perfect opportunity for a staffer to catch a bit of news blurb and do something stupid with it on impulse.

Satan...

View attachment 62156

"We all know" = "It's all scary and scandalous, so I'm going to pounce on it and freak out and assume everyone else agrees with me!"

Says the one who is probably the loudest voice against Hillary...:eusa_whistle:

I confess that I do not understand Rand Paul dropping out before the NH primary - it's the Live Free Of Die state, and his Libertarian views are prolly stronger there than any other state.

Actually Cruz is the smartest of the bunch
I don't know what you base this on. Obviously he doesn't really understand the Constitution, since he said that "5 unelected lawyers" should not have the power to decide if a law is Constitutional.

Some of you seem more tuned into what a Libertarian is and isn't than I am.
Question:
Put them all into a room and poll them asking "If Hillary Clinton becomes the nominee and Trump becomes the nominee, both of which are certain bets unless the FBI charges her, how many of you would vote for Hillary, how many for Trump, how many of you will not vote for either person?
Of those who would vote my gut tells me Trump gets more votes.
IMO Libertarians from every end of the spectrum are more the "FUCK YOU!" types which will identify more with Trumps "FUCK YOU! attitude towards the MSM and the 'light brown tasseled loafers and bow tie' old boys in both party's back rooms.

Actually Cruz is the smartest of the bunch
I don't know what you base this on. Obviously he doesn't really understand the Constitution, since he said that "5 unelected lawyers" should not have the power to decide if a law is Constitutional.

I don't know how this clip translates into Cruz being the smartest of the bunch. I agree with him on eliminating ethanol subsidies but he's wanting to eliminate the blend cap which would result in more ethanol being produced.

It takes more than one gallon of gasoline to produce one gallon of ethanol, and it is hugely polluting.

There are plenty of starving people around the world who would love corn - sell more of it overseas.

Forum List

Back