Pass my accent?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not really, Mortimer. You definitely sound like you have a foreign accent, and that's because you were born and raised in, and continue to live in Austria. But there's nothing wrong with that, be proud of who you are. On a good note, I DID understand everything you said. So your English pronunciation is QUITE good.

OP
Mortimer

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not really, Mortimer. You definitely sound like you have a foreign accent, and that's because you were born and raised in, and continue to live in Austria. But there's nothing wrong with that, be proud of who you are. On a good note, I DID understand everything you said. So your English pronunciation is QUITE good.
Who has a heavier accent, me or Schwarzenegger?

MeBelle

MeBelle 4 Prez 2020
Reaction score
You.
Arnold has become Americanized , plus he had all those speech coaches.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'd say EASILY Arnold. You're MUCH easier to understand.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You.
But to me, Mortimer IS a bit easier to understand. Arnold STILL sounds like he came from Austria yesterday, IMO.

MeBelle

MeBelle 4 Prez 2020
Reaction score
You.
But to me, Mortimer IS a bit easier to understand. Arnold STILL sounds like he came from Austria yesterday, IMO.
I understood what Mort said but maybe it's because I was intently listening?

OP
Mortimer

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You.
That COULD be.

MeBelle

MeBelle 4 Prez 2020
Reaction score
I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.
That's normal.

You're used to listening to you!

I sound like a Canadian with a Boston accent

Muhammed

Gold Member
Reaction score
You.
I was listening.

He said I'm da real gangsta, da real boy from the hood, da real G.

Awesome.

Mortimer, you should write a rap song. And make a video. I swear to God you would make $millions.

Last edited:

MeBelle

MeBelle 4 Prez 2020
Reaction score
Ohhhh, I like it!

Mort, try doing a rap song.

If I remember correctly you used to make videos of you singing.
Wearing a cowboy hat.

JoeMoma

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have heard that Schwarzenegger can actually speak without the thick accent; however, he keeps the accent because it is expected of him. It is part of his persona.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have heard that Schwarzenegger can actually speak without the thick accent; however, he keeps the accent because it is expected of him. It is part of his persona.
THAT'S interesting.

• Disagree
Reactions: cnm

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List