Pass my accent?

Not really, Mortimer. You definitely sound like you have a foreign accent, and that's because you were born and raised in, and continue to live in Austria. But there's nothing wrong with that, be proud of who you are. On a good note, I DID understand everything you said. So your English pronunciation is QUITE good.

Who has a heavier accent, me or Schwarzenegger?
I have heard that Schwarzenegger can actually speak without the thick accent; however, he keeps the accent because it is expected of him. It is part of his persona.

Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

You are a Roma, so embrace it and love who you are...

I have a accent still and I have been in the States long before you were born, but of course mine sound funnier because I sound like a damn frog from Quebec...

Not really, Mortimer. You definitely sound like you have a foreign accent, and that's because you were born and raised in, and continue to live in Austria. But there's nothing wrong with that, be proud of who you are. On a good note, I DID understand everything you said. So your English pronunciation is QUITE good.

"you were born and raised in,"

Mortimer was born and raised in Serbia, he sounds Slav because he is Serbian. The Croatians also sound like Serbians because they also are Slav. I have visit Croatia but not Serbia.

lolol. You're crazy, Mort.

We already had this thread about four times already. The question is is he wearing a mask? This is now illegal to not wear a mask, we are getting data every day from the police on who is out without a mask, we are ordered to deal with this situation. Non-Wearing a mask to be considered a danger to the community, to be considered a potential Walking Biological Danger to the community.

You.
Arnold has become Americanized , plus he had all those speech coaches.
But to me, Mortimer IS a bit easier to understand. Arnold STILL sounds like he came from Austria yesterday, IMO.

I understood what Mort said but maybe it's because I was intently listening?
I was listening.

He said I'm da real gangsta, da real boy from the hood, da real G.

Awesome.

Mortimer, you should write a rap song. And make a video. I swear to God you would make $millions.

Yes do a rap song and make a video.

Not sure!
Why don't you do some Schwarzeneggar lines for comparison?

I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

Americans in South part of America are excellent, that is a nice accent they have, when I was in Texas they all had great accents.

Not sure!

I hate Arnold Schwarzenegger married to one of those ugly Kennedy women and now he also is a vegan also he likes Greta "Children of The Corn" Thunberg and ALL his films are crap also.

You.
Arnold has become Americanized , plus he had all those speech coaches.
But to me, Mortimer IS a bit easier to understand. Arnold STILL sounds like he came from Austria yesterday, IMO.

"Arnold STILL sounds like he came from Austria yesterday, IMO."

That is because Arnold IS Austrian born and raised, unlike Mortimer who was born and raised in Serbia but was given a passport for whatever reason etc Arnold will ALWAYS sound Austrian because he IS even IF they give him an American passport he is STILL Austrian by birth and raised, Mortimer will always sound Slav because he is Serbian and he will until the day he dies be Serbian and will always sound Slav.

Look at the old actress Hedy Lamarr, born and raised in this nation, went to Hollywood got American passport but until the day she died she always sounded Austrian because that's what she was. You can change your passport you can never though change what you are, you retain your personal ways, you retain your accent unless you go and deliberately to professionally change your accent into something else you will always sound like what you are and where you were born and what your family has always been. Americans are the last peoples to ask this question to as America is a Melting Pot of what you refer to as a "mutts" you have no Heritage or Culture outside of what is considered American, America is the ONLY nation in the Western world that LIKES being a "mutts" this is probably why it is so easy to flood America with Third World Shit Holers and why half of Texas is Mexican because the importance of retaining your Heritage and Culture has been bred out of American's, you now want EVERY nation to do this also, well some might do this, but MANY won't do this, you will NOT get your way on wanting to FORCE EVERYONE to be a Melting Pot, it is nothing to be proud of to be considered a "mutts" we will NOT be becoming a "mutts"

I'd say EASILY Arnold. You're MUCH easier to understand.

You two should get a room :smoke:

I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

That's normal.

You're used to listening to you!

I sound like a Canadian with a Boston accent

In America can Americans know when they talk to a Canadian that they are Canadian as to me Americans and Canadians sound the same?

That's normal.

In America can Americans know when they talk to a Canadian that they are Canadian as to me Americans and Canadians sound the same?
Oh yeah, I can always tell where people are from within a few sentences.

The "aboot" usually gives the Canucks away.

We get tourists from everywhere here, I can usually tell what state they're from by the accent.

Penn. is different than NY, NY is diff from NJ, Minnesotans have an accent.
Texans and GA are diff..AL, FL, and Lousiana, too.

Not sure!

I hate Arnold Schwarzenegger married to one of those ugly Kennedy women and now he also is a vegan also he likes Greta "Children of The Corn" Thunberg and ALL his films are crap also.
The first Terminator movie and Total Recall are pretty good films, IMO.

That's normal.

Oh yeah, I can always tell where people are from within a few sentences.

The "aboot" usually gives the Canucks away.

We get tourists from everywhere here, I can usually tell what state they're from by the accent.

Penn. is different than NY, NY is diff from NJ, Minnesotans have an accent.
Texans and GA are diff..AL, FL, and Lousiana, too.
That sounds aboot right, eh? And I"M not from way oot north, I'm from Chicago, home of Da Bears, Hoss.

Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

I have a accent still and I have been in the States long before you were born, but of course mine sound funnier because I sound like a damn frog from Quebec...

"Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

You are a Roma, so embrace it and love who you are..."

He is ashamed of being Roma and ashamed of being Serbian, he has issues with both these things. My opinion is because of how he is in RL this include his Paranoia-Schizophrenia he is not accepted in social situations and so he goes to internet forums to see in this non-physical world we have if he can be accepted in the way he is not in RL. We see that he is accepted but only by those who think him a curiosity and a bit not all there but they humour him etc With his mental health condition this is not good for him, but he is not able to see that it's not. With Paranoia-Schizophrenia the last place they should be is on internet forums and also I add things like Facebook, Twitter, these places are Negative because they feed their mental health illness and with that they retreat further into their own mind which is not a good place for them to be going into because it is often confused with bizarro things eg. hearing voices, seeing things that are not there - the most common form of these things for Paranoia-Schizophrenia are hearing and/or seeing what they think to be God and/or a God-Like entity - I got all of this about Paranoia-Schizophrenics from Mr. Lucy over several years as he deals with them and when he gets home often we talk about the condition they have.

Not sure!

"Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

You are a Roma, so embrace it and love who you are..."

He is ashamed of being Roma and ashamed of being Serbian, he has issues with both these things. My opinion is because of how he is in RL this include his Paranoia-Schizophrenia he is not accepted in social situations and so he goes to internet forums to see in this non-physical world we have if he can be accepted in the way he is not in RL. We see that he is accepted but only by those who think him a curiosity and a bit not all there but they humour him etc With his mental health condition this is not good for him, but he is not able to see that it's not. With Paranoia-Schizophrenia the last place they should be is on internet forums and also I add things like Facebook, Twitter, these places are Negative because they feed their mental health illness and with that they retreat further into their own mind which is not a good place for them to be going into because it is often confused with bizarro things eg. hearing voices, seeing things that are not there - the most common form of these things for Paranoia-Schizophrenia are hearing and/or seeing what they think to be God and/or a God-Like entity - I got all of this about Paranoia-Schizophrenics from Mr. Lucy over several years as he deals with them and when he gets home often we talk about the condition they have.
"informative"

Forum List

Back