Pass my accent?

I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

That's normal.

You're used to listening to you!

I sound like a Canadian with a Boston accent

In America can Americans know when they talk to a Canadian that they are Canadian as to me Americans and Canadians sound the same?
Oh yeah, I can always tell where people are from within a few sentences.

The "aboot" usually gives the Canucks away.

We get tourists from everywhere here, I can usually tell what state they're from by the accent.

Penn. is different than NY, NY is diff from NJ, Minnesotans have an accent.
Texans and GA are diff..AL, FL, and Lousiana, too.

My accent's so bad, it's been known to make peoples ears flap.

It's funny, but I never knew how hillbilly I spoke till James recorded me one day.

I thought, What the HELL!?

I have only experienced the Hillbilly accent from "The Beverely Hillbillies" and also the film "Deliverance" and perhaps also from the 1960s American TV show "Mr. Ed" I think the horse Mr. Ed was also a Hillbilly :smoke:

I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

I dont think I have a Texas accent but when I was a kid and visited my Canadian relatives my cousins buddies were constantly trying to get me to talk.....and the Canadian chicks Loved it!!!

In the city of Dallas they did not have the strong Texan accent but in Fort Worth they did, also when in Houston they did also then I go to Austin which I find full of Snowflakes they did not have the strong Texan accent. I went to El Paso and they had the strong accent but also many Mexicans who look like they were related to Pancho Villa :smoke:

Last time I was in the hospital for the Hip a guy down the hall was always yelling about being in pain.
Then he let loose with....AND WHY THE HELL DO NONE OF THESE NURSES SOUND LIKE TEXANS!!!!!!!
The Wife and I were both cracking up!!!

Also Cowboy Hats did not see any in Dallas but many in Fort Worth, Fort Worth very different from Dallas that was like Texas Dallas was more like non-Texan. In Fort Worth we go to Fort Worth Stockyards and I like this and also had an excellent steak in a restaurant there and also that was all interesting because of my interest in Bonnie and Clyde and they had an association with that area and The Stockyards Hotel and Clyde Barrow was from Ellis County which is now within the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

The other Texas Longhorns and yes I know Hook Em Horns:

View attachment 327365

^^^^ I do not get American Football but many of my Texan friends all follow the Texas Longhorns, it was during one of their games with I think University of Oklahoma that I had my bizarro incident at Midnight in the middle of Mockingbird when a wheel on the auto went on fire and disintegrated and we could not move the auto to where we need off the main section because hundreds of autos with Oklahoma car plates were going past and in the way and in the end we did move the auto and waited and my friend had to phone her ex-husband to drive out to assist with a new wheel. Of course I myself can change a wheel but she said "you're not in Europe now, you don't get out onto the road in the middle of the night to do ANYTHING"
Srs Longhorns.

What about San Antonio, though? Okay..I've been to The Alamo and know about Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie.

Viva La America, baby!

You know although I spend six months in Texas I did not visit The Alamo :omg:

You really missed out on something special.
I get goosebumps every time I set foot in the place.
From the pock marked walls from bullet hits and the history,it's truly an amazing experience.

Here is picture of the entire The Alamo, is it the SAME EXACT as it was when they had The Battle of The Alamo or have they developed some of it to attract visitors? Is the below would you say 90% like it was during The Battle of The Alamo?

1587754365810.png

That's normal.

You're used to listening to you!

I sound like a Canadian with a Boston accent

In America can Americans know when they talk to a Canadian that they are Canadian as to me Americans and Canadians sound the same?
Oh yeah, I can always tell where people are from within a few sentences.

The "aboot" usually gives the Canucks away.

We get tourists from everywhere here, I can usually tell what state they're from by the accent.

Penn. is different than NY, NY is diff from NJ, Minnesotans have an accent.
Texans and GA are diff..AL, FL, and Lousiana, too.

My accent's so bad, it's been known to make peoples ears flap.

It's funny, but I never knew how hillbilly I spoke till James recorded me one day.

I thought, What the HELL!?

I have only experienced the Hillbilly accent from "The Beverely Hillbillies" and also the film "Deliverance" and perhaps also from the 1960s American TV show "Mr. Ed" I think the horse Mr. Ed was also a Hillbilly :smoke:

^^^^ Mister Ed plays Baseball, it was from this that I got my general comprehension of what Baseball was about :smoke:

Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

You are a Roma, so embrace it and love who you are...

I have a accent still and I have been in the States long before you were born, but of course mine sound funnier because I sound like a damn frog from Quebec...
Very stupid post you seem not to know that roma have all types of nationalities religions speak all languages and have all types of accents even diverse genetic make up as only a part of their DNA is indian and they have all kinds of admixtures and heritages and all types of cultures there are native English roma so being roma means nothing in this context whether I sound English you are stupid as fuck and I'm pretty much always unique that's what makes me myself and a bit crazy

When you are calling someone a stupid fuck when asking do you sound like this or that is amazingly ignorant of you...

Maybe you should focus on being who are and not trying to be someone else, do you understand Roma?

If not let me be clear and you are never going to be consider white or English speaking and to keep on asking the same asinine questions over and over just shows how you can not accept reality.

So grow up punk and remember you are consider a second class citizen in many parts of the World and I truly do hate Serbians and you prove why!

I didnt insulted you but your post is stupid. It is a fact that your post is stupid in this context. You also are a stupid racist, you otherise me because Im Roma. Fact is there are many American Roma and English Roma. Im not but I could be. Also people learn a second language and speak without accent anymore. Maybe you are not stupid but you are anti-roma and otherise me and you are ignorant. I never tried to be someone Im not. And white was not even in the equation now. I also never asked whether you "consider me" white or "if i am white" but just if I look as if I could be, subtile difference you can look perfectly white and being considered an other kinda like sometimes Jews in the view of the Nazis. Many did said I look white, I dont know. There was not only one opinion, actually 2/3 said I look white. But now it was not even in the equation. I apologise for calling you stupid, but you are incredibly ignorant. You accuse me of self-hate and I hate that, what you did. Someone said Im rude but you started out of the blue. You are ignorant, you otherise me and say I should be who I am. For starters what characterises what I am if im Roma or have Roma blood, what characterises what I am. You probably have no idea, just being ignorant. Explain first what characterises who I am and why I cannot be american or english speaking? Or have a white skin and caucasian appearance?

Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

I have a accent still and I have been in the States long before you were born, but of course mine sound funnier because I sound like a damn frog from Quebec...
Very stupid post you seem not to know that roma have all types of nationalities religions speak all languages and have all types of accents even diverse genetic make up as only a part of their DNA is indian and they have all kinds of admixtures and heritages and all types of cultures there are native English roma so being roma means nothing in this context whether I sound English you are stupid as fuck and I'm pretty much always unique that's what makes me myself and a bit crazy

Well, that's fuckin rude.
You do not understand his subtile racism anti-ciganism and how rude he was. He accusses me out of the blue being a self-hater and "otherises me" Can you explain what characterises what I am if I I have partly roma heritage and why I cannot be american or sound english or have a white skin colour?

When you are calling someone a stupid fuck when asking do you sound like this or that is amazingly ignorant of you...

Maybe you should focus on being who are and not trying to be someone else, do you understand Roma?

If not let me be clear and you are never going to be consider white or English speaking and to keep on asking the same asinine questions over and over just shows how you can not accept reality.

So grow up punk and remember you are consider a second class citizen in many parts of the World and I truly do hate Serbians and you prove why!

I didnt insulted you but your post is stupid. It is a fact that your post is stupid in this context. You also are a stupid racist, you otherise me because Im Roma. Fact is there are many American Roma and English Roma. Im not but I could be. Also people learn a second language and speak without accent anymore. Maybe you are not stupid but you are anti-roma and otherise me and you are ignorant. I never tried to be someone Im not. And white was not even in the equation now. I also never asked whether you "consider me" white or "if i am white" but just if I look as if I could be, subtile difference you can look perfectly white and being considered an other kinda like sometimes Jews in the view of the Nazis. Many did said I look white, I dont know. There was not only one opinion, actually 2/3 said I look white. But now it was not even in the equation. I apologise for calling you stupid, but you are incredibly ignorant. You accuse me of self-hate and I hate that, what you did. Someone said Im rude but you started out of the blue. You are ignorant, you otherise me and say I should be who I am. For starters what characterises what I am if im Roma or have Roma blood, what characterises what I am. You probably have no idea, just being ignorant. Explain first what characterises who I am and why I cannot be american or english speaking? Or have a white skin and caucasian appearance?

Man fuck off!

You attack me and then lie about what you fucking wrote?

You are a sorry pathetic person and no one said you can not speak fucking English but you asked how you sounded like, so which one of us is the idiot here?

You ask such stupid fucking questions daily on here and you have asked do you look Latino, White and soon you most likely ask if you are hung like a black man while being hung like a asian...

Watch and see how fast you think I am writing about lynching and not realizing I am writing about your privates!

So yes you did attack me and now you lied as usual!

What did I wrote? I asked "can i pass as native english speaker" some foreigners can. That is a perfectly normal healthy question. Maybe I learned to speak good english. Why is that self-hate?

Not really, Mortimer. You definitely sound like you have a foreign accent, and that's because you were born and raised in, and continue to live in Austria. But there's nothing wrong with that, be proud of who you are. On a good note, I DID understand everything you said. So your English pronunciation is QUITE good.

Who has a heavier accent, me or Schwarzenegger?

Schwarzenegger has a very. very strong accent, I think! He really has. Stronger than you.

Man fuck off!

You are a sorry pathetic person and no one said you can not speak fucking English but you asked how you sounded like, so which one of us is the idiot here?

You ask such stupid fucking questions daily on here and you have asked do you look Latino, White and soon you most likely ask if you are hung like a black man while being hung like a asian...

Watch and see how fast you think I am writing about lynching and not realizing I am writing about your privates!

What did I wrote? I asked "can i pass as native english speaker" some foreigners can. That is a perfectly normal healthy question. Maybe I learned to speak good english. Why is that self-hate?

No, you can not!

No one said you could not learn and yes you hate yourself because you have asked do you look like Hitler, Latino and so on, so remember you are the idiot asking dumb ass questions and if anyone is a damn racist it is you!

I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. In my early 30's, I moved to Minneapolis and picked up a Swedish accent. When I moved back to Cleveland after a few years, people would ask me where I was from. I'd answer "Here."

Man fuck off!

No, you can not!

No one said you could not learn and yes you hate yourself because you have asked do you look like Hitler, Latino and so on, so remember you are the idiot asking dumb ass questions and if anyone is a damn racist it is you!

Im a bit crazy and sometimes I do funny shit like singing or dancing. That is part of who i am, my eccentric personality and extrovert. I should be who I am also from individual personality right? Or I have no right to to be unique individual because Im Roma?

Can I pass as native english speaker?

Sorry Mort, I couldn't understand a word of it other than "was up". Wife couldn't either.

Don't worry about passing as anything. Be yourself, you're a good guy!

Hint, accents are well received here and liked. Have a Ukraine friend, skyped alot loved her accent!

Forum List

Back