Parts of Los Angeles area hit 110 degrees

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
On Sunday, downtown Los Angeles hit 103 degrees while Long Beach Airport hit 109 and Burbank hit 110 degrees, the latter two setting daily records and the former the first 100-plus-degree reading in two years. Santa Ana in Orange County tied a record high of 108 degrees.

San Diego not only set heat records during the day but overnight as well. The low temperature of 78 degrees Sunday morning tied the warmest low temperature on record. Santa Ana only dropped to 80 degrees.

Farther north in the San Joaquin Valley, temperatures that have already baked at near 110 degrees over Labor Day weekend are forecast to exceed 110 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday, with Fresno pegged to hit 113 on Tuesday, which would break the daily high temperature record by seven degrees.

more heat

It's a dry heat though. ;)

I live 10 miles from the gulf of Mexico and know a little about humidity. That said, the hottest I've ever been was on Hoover Dam at 115 degrees. I couldn't believe that people actually CHOOSE to live in places like that. SMH...

Temperatures spiking from100 to 120 degrees F is pretty typical of most of California's central valley in the summer. LA is a heat island because of high population density an paving.

Farther north in the San Joaquin Valley, temperatures that have already baked at near 110 degrees over Labor Day weekend are forecast to exceed 110 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday, with Fresno pegged to hit 113 on Tuesday, which would break the daily high temperature record by seven degrees.
Not unusual. It is CA--most of it is desert. It is hot and dry. The more population you cram in there, the hotter and drier it is going to get. Some people are smart enough to get out.

If LA got hit with the typical mid July heat/dew points we get hit with in the upper great lakes, they'd melt down, if they got hit with the typical September weather of south Texas they'd be fucked and hundreds would die, maybe thousands....

Not unusual. It is CA--most of it is desert. It is hot and dry. The more population you cram in there, the hotter and drier it is going to get. Some people are smart enough to get out.
Are you lying, never been to CA or stupid? Maybe all three, given what I've read in other posts by you.

I live 10 miles from the gulf of Mexico and know a little about humidity. That said, the hottest I've ever been was on Hoover Dam at 115 degrees. I couldn't believe that people actually CHOOSE to live in places like that. SMH...
The only question for them people who choose to live in these areas is why do they choose to stay there? In other words, what is it that makes being there worth it all?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Heat Waves do Not prove AGW, but about the 5th record one this summer is consistent with it.
Many across the West .... and other record waves across the country and Globe.

California, West Heat Wave Sets Staggering Records​

By Chris Dolce -Weather.com​

3 hours ago​

VIDEO and Reporet art website
HeatWest97.jpg

A long-lasting heat wave in California and other parts of the West rewrote weather history books during its peak Tuesday.
Here's a rundown of some of the most extreme notables we saw.

All-Time Records

-Sacramento: 116 degrees broke the city's previous record of 114 degrees set on July 17, 1925. Yesterday's temperature is also hotter than any reading Phoenix has seen so far this year (115 degrees).
-San Jose: 109 degrees was the hottest day in records back to 1893.
-Ukiah (117 degrees), Livermore (116 degrees), King City (116 degrees), Santa Rosa (115 degrees), Napa (115 degrees), Merced (115 degrees), Stockton (115 degrees) and Redwood City (110 degrees) also broke or tied the hottest temperatures those locations have ever seen.

View attachment 692982

September Records​

-Reno: 106 degrees on Tuesday smashed its hottest record for the month by four degrees. It was just short of its all-time record for any day of the year by two degrees.
-Salt Lake City: Utah's capital had its hottest September day by topping out at 105 degrees. Prior to this year, the hottest temperature in the city during September was 100 degrees. They've now been 102 degrees or hotter on five days this month.

View attachment 692985

-Death Valley: The hottest place in the nation hit 125.2 degrees on Tuesday. That ties the hottest temperature on record for the month set there just two years ago. It's also less than a degree short of the hottest temperature recorded anywhere on Earth in the month of September.
Tuesday was the peak of the heat wave for many locations, but it's also broken or tied monthly record highs for several days now. Just some of the new all-time records that have been set in parts of seven states since Friday for the month of September are plotted on the map below.
septrecords.jpg

`
Flooding, fires, landslides, heat waves, earthquakes................face it, God hates California.

On Sunday, downtown Los Angeles hit 103 degrees while Long Beach Airport hit 109 and Burbank hit 110 degrees, the latter two setting daily records and the former the first 100-plus-degree reading in two years. Santa Ana in Orange County tied a record high of 108 degrees.

San Diego not only set heat records during the day but overnight as well. The low temperature of 78 degrees Sunday morning tied the warmest low temperature on record. Santa Ana only dropped to 80 degrees.

more heat

All that piss and shit that the homeless leaves on the street must really be stinking up the place.

more heat

I live in Long Beach and I will tell you there is one plus side to all this heat, it makes the beer taste a lot better.

In the early 1960s. I think it was 1963 or 64 that my family flew out to LA for the funeral of an uncle.
It was over 100 degrees that week and they shut the schools down.

Nothing new.

Was just there yesterday for a military funeral in Westwood....yes in the high 100s. Brutal. We live in the desert and it was just as hot with a bit more humidity. Burned myself on the seat belt getting in our friend's car.

Forum List

Back