“Palestine” never existed.

MartyNYC

Gold Member
May 19, 2020
Bernard Lewis, “Dean of Middle East historians”: “This, I need hardly remind you, is a region of ancient civilization and of deep-rooted, often complex identities. But Palestine was not one of them. Even the adjective Palestinian is comparatively new.” (Oxford University Press: “From Babel To Dragomans. Interpreting The Middle East”)

Renowned Arab scholar Philip Hitti, professor of Semitic literature, Princeton University: “There is no such entity Palestine—Never had been. The Sunday schools have done a great deal of harm to us because by smearing the walls of classrooms with map of Palestine, they associate it with the Jews in the mind of the average American and Englishman”.

AFE26486-2EA8-424C-B6AE-0BA7E7E2BB9A.jpeg

Lebanese-American scholar Franck Salameh: “Except for a few Arabic-speaking Christian-educated elites there exist no Arabic documents from the first half of the 20th century, no Arabic press, no Arabic literature, no Arabic correspondence referring to Palestine or Palestinians.”

F34182AF-806C-424C-951C-A1378F014280.jpeg

Those who support "the nation of Palestine" or "Palestinians" are simply the latest Jew haters in (scant) disguise. I also include most US Jews who work toward the weakening of Israel. In my humble opinion, any US Jew who votes Democrat in 2023, is complicit with attacking the Jewish state.

... er ... ummm ...

These are ethnically Arabian (in it's broadest meaning) ... an Ottoman backwater in recent times ... the word is attested to as early as the 20th Dynasty on Egypt for this area ... 1150 BC or so ... you're right, three thousand years is far too short a time for a place name to stick ...

It's Phoenicia ... so all of you are wrong ...

Bernard Lewis, “Dean of Middle East historians”: “This, I need hardly remind you, is a region of ancient civilization and of deep-rooted, often complex identities. But Palestine was not one of them. Even the adjective Palestinian is comparatively new.” (Oxford University Press: “From Babel To Dragomans. Interpreting The Middle East”)

Palestine was simply a province of Syria from 500 BC.

Those who support "the nation of Palestine" or "Palestinians" are simply the latest Jew haters in (scant) disguise. I also include most US Jews who work toward the weakening of Israel. In my humble opinion, any US Jew who votes Democrat in 2023, is complicit with attacking the Jewish state.

You should read Ibn Battuta or Rabbi Benjamin of Tudela. There were very few Jews in Palestine for nearly 1900 years. Both men traveled extensively in Palestine and kept journals.

His fingers are in his ears and he's screaming "I can't hear you" ...

I know. When the European refugees were given a state the deal was that they weren't supposed to abuse or disenfranchise the people who had lived there for 2000 years.. They got off on the wrong foot.

His fingers are in his ears and he's screaming "I can't hear you" ...

Herodotus was Greek. He coined the name palestine in his Greek book. Palestine never actually existed. Now, even you know.

Herodotus was Greek. He coined the name palestine in his Greek book. Palestine never actually existed. Now, even you know.

It was a province of Syria. Even Chaucer and Shakespeare refer to Palestine. Most Jews left in 70 AD after the destruction of the temple.

Hitler forced the Jews out of Germany. He took their homes, property, businesses and citizenship. He demeaned them. ..and killed those who resisted.

Forum List

Back