Law Professor: “The Apartheid Accusation Against Israel Is Baseless And Agenda Driven”

MartyNYC

Gold Member
May 19, 2020
Professor Eugene Kontorovich, George Mason University Law School, Authority on universal jurisdiction: Why apartheid does not exist in Israel (European Journal of International Law)…

The Apartheid Accusation Against Israel is Baseless – and Agenda-Driven

D0D76FD3-2AFA-405E-97E6-E15FC9BCC79F.jpeg
E3AC9D5A-16CA-48D5-842D-379BF0C06999.jpeg

Yeah, ol' Des didn't have a clue about apartheid...

Desmond Tutu, the noted civil rights leader who became the first black archbishop of Cape Town, compared Israel's treatment of the Palestinians to the apartheid regime

The Dark Side of Desmond Tutu: Antisemitism
The Late Bishop Desmond Tutu, Antisemite

“Which brings us back to Tutu. His expressed hostility not just to Israel, but to Jews, seems to have had theological roots in traditional Christian antisemitism.

His speeches against apartheid returned obsessively to gross, licentious equations between the former South African system and Jewish practices, biblical and modern. "the Jews," Tutu declared in 1984, "thought they had a monopoly on G-d" and "Jesus was angry that they could shut out other human beings."

Tutu has been an avid supporter of the Goebbels-like equation of Zionism with racism .[Bernstein: In fact, this calumny has its roots in Soviet antisemitic propaganda.] He has alleged that "Jews … think they have cornered the market on suffering" and that Jews are "quick to yell 'anti-Semitism,'" because of "an arrogance of power – because Jews have such a strong lobby in the United States."

Jewish power in America is, in fact, a favorite Tutu theme. In late April 2002, he praised his own courage in resisting it. "People are scared in [America] to say wrong is wrong, because the Jewish lobby is powerful, very powerful. Well, so what? Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin were all powerful, but, in the end, they bit the dust."

Tutu repeatedly has declared that (as he once told a Jewish Theological Seminary audience) "whether Jews like it or not, they are a peculiar people. They can't ever hope to be judged by the same standards which are used for other people."

Last edited:
What is universal jurisdiction? Jurisdiction is derived from sovereignty. The Palestinians have never had a voice.

They've told the world about their plight ... I first found out during the Munich Olympics ... I remember studying the Near East in Social Studies when the Yom Kippur War broke out ...

Every Palestinian in the United States enjoys Free Speech, Free Press etc etc etc ... here they have a voice here, they even have allies in Congress ... and it's not an accident they're peaceful here, c.f. Free Speech, Free Press and Gun Ownership Rights ... any Palestinian would be peaceful under those circumstances ... flood the Gaza Strip with Glock's, demand women wear them on their hips ... teach them to control their men-folk ...

Because .. NO ONE blames the women and children there ... now do we? ...

They've told the world about their plight ... I first found out during the Munich Olympics ... I remember studying the Near East in Social Studies when the Yom Kippur War broke out ...

Every Palestinian in the United States enjoys Free Speech, Free Press etc etc etc ... here they have a voice here, they even have allies in Congress ... and it's not an accident they're peaceful here, c.f. Free Speech, Free Press and Gun Ownership Rights ... any Palestinian would be peaceful under those circumstances ... flood the Gaza Strip with Glock's, demand women wear them on their hips ... teach them to control their men-folk ...

Because .. NO ONE blames the women and children there ... now do we? ...

I'm a lot older than you. Grew up on Voice of America, Radio Free Europe etc. I remember the weekly raids into Syria and Lebanon. The Palestinians had NO voice in the US.

I'm a lot older than you. Grew up on Voice of America, Radio Free Europe etc. I remember the weekly raids into Syria and Lebanon. The Palestinians had NO voice in the US.

Then how did you hear about it? ... I can read about the Zionist Movement and the progress of Jewish genocide across Europe in the mid-1800's ... if you're that old, then tell us about the Six-Day War ... who started that and why wasn't this information available in the USA ... tell us why the filthy Brits failed there under her mandate ... who did these same filthy Brits with their whore French sisters LIE to during WWI? ...

[giggle] ... If Palestinians have no voice ... then who tried to overthrow the Jordanian Government? ...

Then how did you hear about it? ... I can read about the Zionist Movement and the progress of Jewish genocide across Europe in the mid-1800's ... if you're that old, then tell us about the Six-Day War ... who started that and why wasn't this information available in the USA ... tell us why the filthy Brits failed there under her mandate ... who did these same filthy Brits with their whore French sisters LIE to during WWI? ...

[giggle] ... If Palestinians have no voice ... then who tried to overthrow the Jordanian Government? ...

I lived in Arabia. I was grown by the Six Day War. Israel started it. They planned it from the 1950s. Read Moishe Dayan about Israeli provocations. The Egyptian army was deployed in Yemen when Israel bombed Egypt. Nasser had called for a summit to resolve the issue around the Straits of Tiran.

I lived in Arabia.

My apologies for doubting you ...

I was grown by the Six Day War. Israel started it. They planned it from the 1950s. Read Moishe Dayan about Israeli provocations. The Egyptian army was deployed in Yemen when Israel bombed Egypt. Nasser had called for a summit to resolve the issue around the Straits of Tiran.

I grew up in San Francisco, one of the only places in the world (outside of Israel) where Jews are accounted a part of the majority population ... since at least 1972, the Jewish/Palestinian conflict has been a very hot topic there ... indeed the entire West Coast ... I guess all I can really say is that where there are hippies, both sides have a voice ... just the way hippies are ...

Worth noting ... then ... [adorable grin] ... Abraham was against the idea of blankin' his wife's handmaidan ... so much for man's opinions ...

Forum List

Back