Palaces & Packing Crates

Where do you think I and the 150 or so million Americans to your political left DO live?

To Crick: Illegal aliens are not Americans, although liberals count them as such whenever they throw numbers around. Your 150 million is even more suspect when you phrase it conservatives versus liberals. Polls consistently show that liberals come in around 20 percent of the adult population.

I'm quite certain at least 150 million American citizens could be found to the left of you on the political spectrum. And considerably above you on a scale of rationality and intelligence.

I have served this nation and its Constitution for the majority of my adult life, asshole, a good part of it in uniform and at risk of life and limb. What have you been doing that makes you think you know what motivates me?

To Crick: Whenever a liberal wraps himself in the flag, I always wonder if they were conscientiously fighting to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic as their oath of service requires, or if they were fighting for the United Nations. They certainly objected to defending the Constitution by fighting against Communist expansion in SE Asia, and the only reason they might have fought in Korea was because it was a United Nations Police Action.

So you believe every American that fought in Korea and every American that opposed US involvement in Vietnam is a traitor? Is that really what you want to say?

To Crick: Your clever little combination of T.J. quotes was unnecessary.

If it was a clever little combination, you can praise Wikipedia, not me

Of the many, many, things T.J. said he did recognize the need for a mechanism to amend the Constitution

Sort of like a "living document", eh?

There is no way in hell Americans, or T.J., meant the Constitution should be amended to give parasites access to the public purse so they could fund a welfare state, yet that is exactly what Democrats did to the country without passing one constitutional amendment.

What sort of rambling-minded nonsense is this? My response was to your egregious accusation that I am an enemy of the Constitution and that there was no fundamental support for the concept of the Constitution as a "living document". If you want to rant politics, try the politics forum. The topic here is the environment.

Buh-Bye

ps: having read your rant it is quite obvious you're seriously whacked.

Last edited:
I am more than a little fond of the US Constitution. Feel free to take your alternate opinion and shove it up your ass.

Fond in theory perhaps, but I have never met a lib who would actually want to live under a government that followed it....ergo the living document meme.

Where do you think I and the 150 or so million Americans to your political left DO live? I have served this nation and its Constitution for the majority of my adult life, asshole, a good part of it in uniform and at risk of life and limb. What have you been doing that makes you think you know what motivates me?

We don't live under the constitution as it is written...the courts have strayed far from the constitution in all areas...

Take a look at it and then tell me that you would like to live under a strictly constitutional government.

PS: I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors...[it] will be said it is easier to find faults than to amend [the Constituion]. I do not think...amendment so difficult as is pretended. Only lay down true principles, and adhere to them inflexibly.[12][13]

---Thomas Jefferson

And Jefferson certainly wasn't talking about using the court to get around the constitution when it proves inconvenient as has become the habit today. He was talking about valid constitutional amendments carried out by duly elected officials.

Again, your complete lack of ethics is showing.

I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Therefore, I _must_ oppose SSDD and Kosh and Flanders. Such action is not optional for me, my oath makes it mandatory.

You are a liar and never swore an oath to anything but your cult. If by some strange chance you are ex military, you are a disgrace to whatever service was unfortunate enough to have had you in its ranks.

Quote (Originally by Flanders)---
To Crick: Whenever a liberal wraps himself in the flag, I always wonder if they were conscientiously fighting to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic as their oath of service requires, or if they were fighting for the United Nations. They certainly objected to defending the Constitution by fighting against Communist expansion in SE Asia, and the only reason they might have fought in Korea was because it was a United Nations Police Action.
---End Quote---
So you believe every American that fought in Korea and every American that opposed US involvement in Vietnam is a traitor? When you suggest that they prefer the rule of the United Nations over that of the sovereign government of the United States and when you suggest that they are enemies of our Constitution, you name them as traitors. Is that what you want to say?

To Crick: Either you are lying outright, or you lack reading comprehension skills.

Those who willingly fought against Communism in Korea and Vietnam were defending the country and the Constitution. Liberals are the traitors because they will never willing fight against Communism, or fight for this country without the approval of the United Nations.

What sort of rambling-minded nonsense is this? My response was to your egregious accusation that I am an enemy of the Constitution and that there was no fundamental support for the concept of the Constitution as a "living document".

To Crick: Now you are lying. How could you be responding to my “egregious accusation” when I commented on your response to SSDD in #17 permalink.

If you want to rant politics, try the politics forum. The topic here is the environment.

To Crick: It’s my thread. I can go anywhere I choose to go.

Forum List

Back