Paintless Automotive Dent Removal

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Anyone into this?

Absolutely fascinating technology to remove SERIOUS dents without fillers or paint.

Lots of videos on YouTube and my car has 7 or 8 dents in it that I would LOVE to remove.

I HAVE to do this. That said, I'm a fairly experienced "Amateur" DIY car painter. With patience and fine buffing, I can make some pretty good looking finishes.

But now that I've seen this paintless dent Removal.....I'm hooked. I'm the King of DIY lol

I've not done it but with the correct tools and some practice you can remove dents and not even be able to tell where they were.

Anyone into this?

Absolutely fascinating technology to remove SERIOUS dents without fillers or paint.

Lots of videos on YouTube and my car has 7 or 8 dents in it that I would LOVE to remove.

I HAVE to do this. That said, I'm a fairly experienced "Amateur" DIY car painter. With patience and fine buffing, I can make some pretty good looking finishes.

But now that I've seen this paintless dent Removal.....I'm hooked. I'm the King of DIY lol
I used to put those bullet hole stickers on them. The indentation makes them look very realistic.

Anyone into this?

If you're talking about that thing that uses hot glue then yes I've used it and it works pretty well. Not perfect all the time but it makes it a lot better. As an avid offroader and rock crawler I've picked up more than my fair share of dents and other body damage. Afterall you just can't have much regard for sheet metal and be a rock crawler. The two are mutually exclusive.

Anyone into this?

I've never done it but a hailstorm over my sister's brand new fresh out the toaster car a few years ago gave the auto body shop several hundred to take care of. IIRC it was around 700 dinks. Most you couldn't see with the naked eye put they used some special light to detect them.

Anyone into this?

If you're talking about that thing that uses hot glue then yes I've used it and it works pretty well. Not perfect all the time but it makes it a lot better. As an avid offroader and rock crawler I've picked up more than my fair share of dents and other body damage. Afterall you just can't have much regard for sheet metal and be a rock crawler. The two are mutually exclusive.

I assumed he meant the metal rods you use to push the debt back out from the inside. Metal has memory and with practice you can push the dents back out.

Anyone into this?

I assumed he meant the metal rods you use to push the debt back out from the inside. Metal has memory and with practice you can push the dents back out.
With the hot glue you pull them out instead of push them out and you only have access the outside of the dent itself. You use a little dohicky that spans or bridges the dent, ¹glue the little cup like thing on the dent then screw a knob on it and keep turning as it pulls the dent out applying leverage against the bridge. It usually takes several pulls along the dent to work it out.

Anyone into this?

Link?

I still pull dents with a slide hammer...mostly like this, but without the fancy stud welder.

Forum List

Back