Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

Hopefully the $100,000+ from the Sweet Cakes bigots has helped alleviate their pain.

Hopefully the $100,000+ from the Sweet Cakes bigots has helped alleviate their pain.
Evidently not. They smugly thought they had support. Unfortunately it seems that a child in their home is still peaceably in school.

Evidently not. They smugly thought they had support. Unfortunately it seems that a child in their home is still peaceably in school.
What? Eh whatever. You're on the wrong side of history again. Go pound sand.

If the normalization of homosexuality were the right side of history, the controversy would have ended thousands of years ago.

Periodically gays have to be hammered down.

These perverts are merely getting a mild version of what they deserve.

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?

If the normalization of homosexuality were the right side of history, the controversy would have ended thousands of years ago.

Oh shutup you old fucking c*nt. You are such a miserable person. :fu:
And there is not a fucking thing you can do about it either.

Oh shutup you old fucking c*nt. You are such a miserable person. :fu:
And there is not a fucking thing you can do about it either.
I can smile knowing that you live in a cycle of misery :thup:

Funny how the right come out against Obama and say he's dividing the country, then you see this, which shows the right trying to divide the country with simple bullyboy tactics.

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?

Yeah, they made society be anti-gay so it's all their fault.

It seems that it's the lezzies trying to divide the country then crying because they didn't get the support they thought they would get.

They have a pervert girl in school that should be enough.

They refused to send their business to supporting vendors and specifically looked for one that objects.

Yer fixin' to go on ignore like a shitload of others, but before I do....I will say what I wanna say then you can go fuck yourself.

Society is NOT anti gay. They are anti asshole. The gays want the same rights? They got it. Now they want to FORCE people to do their bidding when it is against their religion to do so. Which means, anyone can go in a muslim restaurant and DEMAND pork sausage, right? Wrong.

Meanwhile...there are LGBT bakeries they could have gone to. Hell, I would have made their damn cake! I want the business! But nope. They wanted to MAKE that couple bake their fucking cake, so they SUED them. Hypocrites, says I.

Now you go on ignore. I don't want to waste any more of my time with you.

There are many social punishments that could be used. No one is ostracizing these perverts.

They refused to send their business to supporting vendors and specifically looked for one that objects.

Oh, so they should just accept that they're allowed to be discriminated against because society hates them, and they should just toddle off to the places that will serve them. What if no places want to serve them? Oh, well then they should just learn that they're inferior in their own country?

I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for the anti-freedom activists if something more than threats happened.

Sure you wouldn't. Anti-freedom being like the civil rights movement, women's voting movement, all of those who want freedom for people who aren't you, right?

Forum List

Back