Packing the Court

ight after Rump tried to Blackmail the Ukrainian President to try and dig up dirt on Biden and start a nonsense investigation which the Ukrainian Leader refused to do. Newsflash, skippy: That is damned serious and should have never been attempted. And it was proven by the House and again by the Mueller investigation. In a court of law, Rump would be spending hard time right now but his Co-Conspirators in the Senate let him walk. Until then, Pelosi was holding off any form of Impeachment on Rump.

Which is utter bull. First off there was no blackmail. You TDS people are so full of lies that it's embarrassing. The only person that actually blackmailed Ukraine was Biden. The only people that colluded with the Russians to interfere with the election was the DNC and Hillary Clinton.

The commies conducted the first impeachment in our history where there was no impeachable offense and no crimes committed. It's the first impeachment ever to be forwarded using Thought Police.

Trump was clearly pressuring Ukraine to open a phony investigation. Giuliani was pressuring Ukraine even before the phone call. In addition he was meeting with pro-Russia politicians in Ukraine who were feeding him misinformation. It was the Trump campaign who gave a business associate of Manafort with ties to Russian Intelligence internal polling data and other campaign information.

The impeachment was more than justified. Removal of Trump w2as justified as well. Trump was attempting to pressure Ukraine to open a phony investigation. That is conspiracy.

No it is not a conspiracy. He suspected one of our former representatives of wrongdoing which he had every reason to believe was the case. Nobody from another country hires an American drug addict who was kicked out of a military to work for their company, especially when he knew nothing about the industry or the country itself. Of course that's very suspicious, especially when the company was known for it's corruption.

The words Trump used were "look into it" not an investigation.

How about because this issue came up 45 days before a election. The Garland nomination was before the primary fight was settled. Republicans set the benchmark.

Oh please, Garland aside, the Democrats would have jumped at the opportunity just as Republicans are today.
Lindsay Graham said to hold him to his word, that they should not confirm supreme court justices after the primaries start. That it should be left to the judgement of the people after the November elections.

I say we should hold all republicans to what they said in 2016, and not the new version for 2020/

So what are you complaining about? We went by Biden's rules, not Mitch's. Biden said that a President should nominate a judge even a few months before an election.

ight after Rump tried to Blackmail the Ukrainian President to try and dig up dirt on Biden and start a nonsense investigation which the Ukrainian Leader refused to do. Newsflash, skippy: That is damned serious and should have never been attempted. And it was proven by the House and again by the Mueller investigation. In a court of law, Rump would be spending hard time right now but his Co-Conspirators in the Senate let him walk. Until then, Pelosi was holding off any form of Impeachment on Rump.

Which is utter bull. First off there was no blackmail. You TDS people are so full of lies that it's embarrassing. The only person that actually blackmailed Ukraine was Biden. The only people that colluded with the Russians to interfere with the election was the DNC and Hillary Clinton.

The commies conducted the first impeachment in our history where there was no impeachable offense and no crimes committed. It's the first impeachment ever to be forwarded using Thought Police.

You are a idiot. Russians hacked the DNC servers and Podesta's e-mails. They used social media for pro-Trump ads. In 2020, intelligence agencies have reported on Russian attempts to put out false information to denigrate Biden. All you have to do is look at Ron Johnson's phony report.

How did Russians hack the DNC server when it was discovered that no download ever took place? The information was copied from the inside, possibly with a jump drive or something similar. Do you know what Podesta's pass word was? P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D.

You are trying to pin this on citizen Trump when the supposed hacking took place under Hussein. That's how desperate you people are.

There is an election coming up and the public is against packing the courts which Piglosi knows quite well. If they keep the House and Biden does get in, they won't care as much because the next election will be 2 years away. If they tried to pack the courts at this stage of the game, without a doubt they will lose leadership of the House in a big way.

Actually it would not be packing the courts, but restoring the court to it's proper number of justices.

There are 13 appellate courts that sit below the U.S. Supreme Court, and they are called the U.S. Courts of Appeals. The 94 federal judicial districts are organized into 12 regional circuits, each of which has a court of appeals.

Right now Justice Roberts and others are assigned multiple appellate courts to oversee. Previously each justice only oversaw one circuit.

So expanding the court to 13 justices would be fair and proper.

It would? So if Trump wins reelection, you have no problem with him doing that?

My opinion doesn't change with who sits in the oval office. Or who runs the senate.

The only reason your side brings this up is because it's likely it's going to be a right leaning court. The Supreme Court justices do not oversee anything. The lower courts make decisions, and if there are disagreements, it ends up at the Supreme Court. There the justices decide if they will hear the case or not.

How hard is it to answer this? Let the people decide, why not say that for every issue then?

HE won't answer because it will become the issue.....isn't that was a campaign is for?

Joe Biden is a clown....more like a marionette...who is pulling the strings?

I think the answer was already give by Pelosi. No Packing done. It's not up to the President to determine the number of Justices. That's up to the Congress. And since Pelosi already answered the question, Biden was not going to say yay or nay on it because it's not his place. If the House will not pass a Bill to that effect them it's not going to happen. And no President can change that. It's called the Separation of Powers. Rump believes that HE is king. Biden doesn't believe that he will ever be king nor does he believe that Rump can be the king either.

Not taught history, eh?

FDR thought he was king and tried to pack the courts. But you are right on one thing, Congress is needed to go along. During the reign of FDR, he had a democrat Congress who was appalled at the notion of packing the courts just to "get things done" because it is an open subversion of the Constitution, but today's radical democrats have no such moral code. In fact, they have no morals.

Pelosi already nixed that idea and right now, She is in charge of the House. No matter how hard you fruitcakes try and finger paint that picture, the House is NOT going to vote to pack the Court. And it HAS to originate in the House. I won't say that you don't have any morals but I do suggest you find a better moral compass.

Pelosi also once said she would not impeach Trump, but later and conveniently changed her mind.

Make no mistake, the crazies run the DNC

How hard is it to answer this? Let the people decide, why not say that for every issue then?

HE won't answer because it will become the issue.....isn't that was a campaign is for?

I think the answer was already give by Pelosi. No Packing done. It's not up to the President to determine the number of Justices. That's up to the Congress. And since Pelosi already answered the question, Biden was not going to say yay or nay on it because it's not his place. If the House will not pass a Bill to that effect them it's not going to happen. And no President can change that. It's called the Separation of Powers. Rump believes that HE is king. Biden doesn't believe that he will ever be king nor does he believe that Rump can be the king either.

Not taught history, eh?

FDR thought he was king and tried to pack the courts. But you are right on one thing, Congress is needed to go along. During the reign of FDR, he had a democrat Congress who was appalled at the notion of packing the courts just to "get things done" because it is an open subversion of the Constitution, but today's radical democrats have no such moral code. In fact, they have no morals.

Pelosi already nixed that idea and right now, She is in charge of the House. No matter how hard you fruitcakes try and finger paint that picture, the House is NOT going to vote to pack the Court. And it HAS to originate in the House. I won't say that you don't have any morals but I do suggest you find a better moral compass.

Pelosi also once said she would not impeach Trump, but later and conveniently changed her mind.

Make no mistake, the crazies run the DNC

Then he pulled the Ukraine crap. It should have been cut and dried but for the Conspirators in the Senate. I doubt the next time Rump goes that far overboard they are going to protect him considering they just might be standing in front of a Justice themselves.

The "Ukraine crap" was Trump getting wind of Biden's son in the Ukraine making millions of dollars whom his daddy protected by telling the Ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was investigating his son or they lose their money. He is even on tape admitting it. So Joe was guilty of Quid pro Qoo, something they then accused Trump of.

But that is how the DNC roles, the always go on offense, never defense.

That is so much bullshit. There is absolutely no evidence of that. Joe Biden was relaying the Obama policy that no American aid would be forthcoming unless Ukraine fired a corrupt prosecutor. The investigation into Burisma was dormant at the time Biden went to Ukraine.

Is that normal policy that America pressures other countries to fire corrupt prosecutors? We don't like foreign countries "meddling" in our elections. Isn't this an example of America "meddling" with the government positions of another country.

Trump was clearly pressuring Ukraine to open a phony investigation. Giuliani was pressuring Ukraine even before the phone call. In addition he was meeting with pro-Russia politicians in Ukraine who were feeding him misinformation. It was the Trump campaign who gave a business associate of Manafort with ties to Russian Intelligence internal polling data and other campaign information.

The impeachment was more than justified. Removal of Trump w2as justified as well. Trump was attempting to pressure Ukraine to open a phony investigation. That is conspiracy.

No it is not a conspiracy. He suspected one of our former representatives of wrongdoing which he had every reason to believe was the case. Nobody from another country hires an American drug addict who was kicked out of a military to work for their company, especially when he knew nothing about the industry or the country itself. Of course that's very suspicious, especially when the company was known for it's corruption.

The words Trump used were "look into it" not an investigation.
Even if he had used the word "investigate" it should not have been a problem. The democrats want us to believe that "look into it" or investigate means to create false information (about Biden)_to interfere with the election.

If there is probable cause that Biden really did commit a crime, then there should not be an issue with Trump asking someone (foreign or domestic) to look into it.

Biden is perfectly able to give an opinion on whether or not the SCOTUS should be expanded (packing the court). He won't because either answer will cost him votes. We all know this.

Biden is perfectly able to give an opinion on whether or not the SCOTUS should be expanded (packing the court). He won't because either answer will cost him votes. We all know this.
If the answer will cost him votes, then I guess he is smart not to answer that question.

He can't lose my vote because he never had it.

So why can't your nominee for President say so?

Because Democrats say you have to vote for them, before you know what they're for. This is a perfect example of why they need the court....people don't want their shit, so they don't discuss it in public and they have the courts pass it.......now they won't have the courts and they are panicking...they don't know how else to get their shit implemented

The courts are suppose to be non political and only rule on the constitutional and law, not politics. Once upon a time, the Courts weren't that way, they were like Rump wants today. And some really stupid rulings came out of it that took us decades to clear out. We don't need to go back to the old Joe-Bob Judges.

There is an election coming up and the public is against packing the courts which Piglosi knows quite well. If they keep the House and Biden does get in, they won't care as much because the next election will be 2 years away. If they tried to pack the courts at this stage of the game, without a doubt they will lose leadership of the House in a big way.

Actually it would not be packing the courts, but restoring the court to it's proper number of justices.

There are 13 appellate courts that sit below the U.S. Supreme Court, and they are called the U.S. Courts of Appeals. The 94 federal judicial districts are organized into 12 regional circuits, each of which has a court of appeals.

Right now Justice Roberts and others are assigned multiple appellate courts to oversee. Previously each justice only oversaw one circuit.

So expanding the court to 13 justices would be fair and proper.

It would? So if Trump wins reelection, you have no problem with him doing that?

My opinion doesn't change with who sits in the oval office. Or who runs the senate.

The only reason your side brings this up is because it's likely it's going to be a right leaning court. The Supreme Court justices do not oversee anything. The lower courts make decisions, and if there are disagreements, it ends up at the Supreme Court. There the justices decide if they will hear the case or not.

I really have to respect Roberts. He's not playing Politics at all. He may have been put in that job by a Republican but he doesn't play the part that the party of the rumpers demand he does. And from the looks of things, he tries to impress that on the other Justices.

If the answer will cost him votes, then I guess he is smart not to answer that question.
Failing to answer costs him votes as well, and it makes it appear he is afraid to speak what's left of his mind.

So presidents should give no opinion on matters that affect the Nation, when the decision ultimately isnt up to them? LOL
What a stupid justification.
You hacks can be so damn pathetic.
They've received their talking point, obviously.

trump - when he stopped interrupting and focused on just the facts, did fine. but he couldn't leave it alone there.

biden is just full of shit. trying to justify blocking this by voters having their say is wimpy ass crap that will get used by the right later when the eventual worm turns back to the democrats having this option.

No, but I don't think he should've, in fact he got Biden to be less Presidential than him......so to the Never Trumpers....Trump =has never been rude to say just Shut Up..........And Biden still wouldn't answer

why is the goal to make someone look worse than you?

strange goal, to me.

HAve you seen those two....it's a street fight.....Trump is not about being Presidential...it's why he mocks it when he has the chance.....it's a stupid idea that the rich elites can afford, because they have the power.....I voted for him to knock those people in the teeth.....so they use it against him in the wine and brie crowd. So he baited Joe into being worse in that category so people at the Lincoln Project, who say they oppose him on that grounds (they state they are conservative, I laugh, but that's what they say) now can't use that canard......it's just another way to expose the lies and hypocrisy. The thing is Trump was interrupting but he never lost his cool......I want a commander in chief that doesn't lose his cool under pressure, Biden did.

and not being presidential is what draws a lot of his own hate. his choice, his style. i look past it but i can understand why people don't. i don't see many look past it when "the left" does it.

i want to lift people up, or head in that direction. if i have to bring them down to my level, i'm doing it wrong.

So why can't your nominee for President say so?

Because Democrats say you have to vote for them, before you know what they're for. This is a perfect example of why they need the court....people don't want their shit, so they don't discuss it in public and they have the courts pass it.......now they won't have the courts and they are panicking...they don't know how else to get their shit implemented

The courts are suppose to be non political and only rule on the constitutional and law, not politics. Once upon a time, the Courts weren't that way, they were like Rump wants today. And some really stupid rulings came out of it that took us decades to clear out. We don't need to go back to the old Joe-Bob Judges.

They haven't been that way since FDR dupe. FDR was going to pack the courts, because they struck down his commie programs. Since then the left has relied on the courts to get stuff they want passed. With a right wing court, it just means the left will have to pass laws and not court mandated opinions......

Grow a pair of testicles!
This is almost as big a cop out as Biden's non answer about packing the Supreme Court.

Nobody asked Biden if HE was going to start adding justices the Supreme Court.
He was asked where he stood on the matter.
Trump said he was against the idea but Biden was too fucking cowardly to even to say no it was a bad idea or yes he was in favor of the plan.

Is he afraid of alienating the radicals in the far left wing of the party? He already has.

Biden was right not to comment. The Republicans have already packed the Federal courts with conservative corporate lawyers. Biden wanted to — though he didn’t do a very good job of it — keep the issue where it should be, centered on the Republican’s disgraceful hypocrisy, obstruction and prior and present partisan court packing.

Trump may win and appoint a few more young Supreme Court Conservatives. If they are radical activist and obstructionist corporate conservatives — he will be making a fundamental change in the Supreme Court almost inevitable, if populist Democrats ever reacquire the Senate.

This is something nobody should want, especially in this period when the country is tearing itself apart on partisan lines. If the votes were found for it in Congress, it would be absolutely Constitutional. Of course Trump himself, if he were to win a sweeping Congressional victory, is precisely the kind of person who himself might break from tradition and increase the number of Supremes to better meet his personal goals.

Last edited:
It's called the Separation of Powers.

ComeOnMan.jpg
HEY, COME ON, MAN! Look, here's the deal-- -- where were those separation of powers last Winter? When Trump used his Executive authority following the advice of the Office of Legal Counsel in not complying with the House managers requests because they refused to follow the rules, Nancy and Adam accused (impeached) Trump of obstruction for not submitting to the whims of the House and acting like a co-equal branch of government!

If Trump wins and appoints a few more young Supreme Court Conservatives — especially if they are activist and obstructionist Conservatives — he will be making a fundamental change in the Supreme Court almost inevitable, once Democrats reacquire the Senate.

If that's what Trump and the Republicans will do for the next four years, it's because it's the peoples choice, just like if the Democrats win. It would be their choice to put on commie judges UP TO 9. If Democrats get the power to cheat the system, people will totally reject it and they will lose power for many years to come after that.

Biden was right not to comment. The Republicans have already packed the Federal courts with conservative corporate lawyers and conservatives. Biden wanted to, but didn’t do a very good job of, keeping the issue where it should be, centered on the Republican’s disgraceful hypocrisy, obstruction and prior and present partisan court packing.

If Trump wins and appoints a few more young Supreme Court Conservatives — especially if they are activist and obstructionist Conservatives — he will be making a fundamental change in the Supreme Court almost inevitable, once Democrats reacquire the Senate.

This is not something anybody should want, but if the votes were found for it in Congress, it would be absolutely Constitutional.

Funny Tom, I see no sign so far that either Gorsuch nor Kavanaugh are acting either as "activist" or "obstructionist," nor is there anything in Barrett's history.

Indeed, if you want to look for activist justices, you need look no farther than Obama's picks of Kagan and Sotomayor, who along with Ginsburg before she died had all three veered to the extreme end of judicial decisions every time always trying to reinterpret the law to their ends rather than faithfully uphold it!

Forum List

Back