Votes: 4 50.0%
  • In oyster stew or oyster soup.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I love oysters. I enjoy them anyway the can be eaten. To me they are simply great stuff. Some raw oysters on the half-shell along with a good cold beer! That's living. Fried oysters are terrific too. So are steamed, baked or oysters in a stew. Maybe there should be an Oyster Advisory Board or something... There's a thought. So, how do you like your oysters?

I love oysters too my freind, raw, fried, smoked, oysters are guud eaten.

all of the above...just bring them on....so far the best i have had came from cheaspeake bay area....
i have been to some fancy oysters bars but those are still the best....

ahh thanks dog....i want oysters now....have since this am..when i first read this....i want raw ones with tabasco from avery island....i want them to burst in my mouth till i have juice running down my chin...large, fat moist ones.

ahh thanks dog....i want oysters now....have since this am..when i first read this....i want raw ones with tabasco from avery island....i want them to burst in my mouth till i have juice running down my chin...large, fat moist ones.

I'm with you on this one. Let's have a couple of cold brews to go with them too! I love raw oysters with hot sauce but the raw oysters have to be nice and cold though. I read what you said about the seafood coming from the Chesapeake Bay. I was raised in Suffolk, Va so I was used to eating all of that good seafood. Can't get any real good seafood here in the mid-west. Everybody in this part of the world thinks that Red Lobster is the cream of the crop but I think Red Lobster is just awful. I miss my seafood. The wife will eat a little fish - very little - so don't get much of it at the house but if we go out to eat I always check out the menu for seafood.

My Dad and I used to gather oysters when we lived in Seattle years ago. I was never a fan of raw oysters because of possible harmful bacteria. Everything else is A-O-K.

To put anything on a raw oyster other than a few drops of lemon is an insult to the oyster.

o please.....the tabasco actually kills a lot of the bacteria...not sure if the acidic lemon juice will do that...

but give 'em to me...raw and wiggling

red lobster all you can eat shrimp is 15.99 a person....i can buy a lot of shrimp for that....

acme seafood in new orleans is a good place for oysters...but ...(ack) (ack) the north (ack) ern ones are better.

Anything from PEI (or other cold Atlantic areas nearby), raw, on the halfshell still containing a bit of its own liquor, and with both a choice of a malt vinegar/onion sauce and a horse radish-laden cocktail sauce. Just use a touch of either sauce so as to compliment the flavor, not drown it.

Pan fried oysters....small to medium. I use a fork to push them down into a plate of flour seasoned with parmesan, salt, pepper and a little Italian seasoning (or plain basil or oregono) and fry them on medium heat until just brown.

That is SO going to turn into someones sig line....

Forum List

Back