Oxford scientist, "Wind power fails..."

Nearly 60% of energy production in Iowa comes from Wind turbines

(with 'Graphic' at link)
August 3, 2022

In the course of 15 years, the state of Iowa has managed to increase wind energy production by a whopping 15 times what it was in 2006.

In that year, Iowa produced 2,317 megawatts-hour of wind energy, while other sources produced 44,039 megawatts-hour of energy, according to the Iowa Utility Board. At that time, wind energy only represented 5% of the state’s electric generation.

By 2020, the state had increased its alternative energy production to 57% of its total energy output, according to information published by the Iowa Utility Board, based on data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

`

Last edited:
You first. You're the one who posts their propaganda without bothering to read it.
I don't care if they make money and electricity from wind power or not. For a long time down there, the best money around was a hole in the ground, in that energy producing state. They don't seem to discriminate when it comes to energy and money. I find it very difficult to believe it is because Texas is full of global warming extremists, the bulk of their energy coming from hydrocarbons, specifically natural gas, and I have no problem with that either. Only 20-26% of their power comes from wind.
Why do you care if they have between 11,000 and 17,000 wind turbines to take advantage of naturally occurring wind currents in that state? It's not like they are blocking the breeze from your yard or something. What is it, you want them to use and why?

I don't care if they make money and electricity from wind power or not. For a long time down there, the best money around was a hole in the ground, in that energy producing state. They don't seem to discriminate when it comes to energy and money. I find it very difficult to believe it is because Texas is full of global warming extremists, the bulk of their energy coming from hydrocarbons, specifically natural gas, and I have no problem with that either. Only 20-26% of their power comes from wind.
Why do you care if they have between 11,000 and 17,000 wind turbines to take advantage of naturally occurring wind currents in that state? It's not like they are blocking the breeze from your yard or something. What is it, you want them to use and why?

I want them to use EFFICIENT systems to generate electricity.

Wind is not and can only survive with massive government subsidies, which ends up costing people more, and they get less, and the environment suffers.

I want them to use EFFICIENT systems to generate electricity.

Wind is not and can only survive with massive government subsidies, which ends up costing people more, and they get less, and the environment suffers.
I want them to use systems that don't emit GHGs and because of that I am willing to pay another 0.7cents/kWh or, as the facts seem to indicate, pay even less.

This is off-topic in this thread and you are spamming.

A more objective report on the vote and its context

s0n...your grasp on reality gets increasingly sketchy.
I started the thread...d0y.:eusa_dance:

Just added meat on the bone with the link above. The people of Germany have figured out the ruse of wind power...took 'em 10 years.

You're just all sore about getting your clock cleaned.... discovering Germans punted on NetZero. You would never have found out given the deep matrix sources you routinely use. The Germans now know wind power is a scam and NetZero silly as fcuk!

And as I have long said, you cannot run a power grid off wind and solar.

After the decision to cut down on fossil fuels was made at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris, the “instinctive reaction” around the world was to embrace renewables, Professor Emeritus Wade Allison, who is also a researcher at CERN, said in a 2023 paper (pdf).

Allison noted that because solar power is “extremely weak,” it was inadequate to “sustain even a small global population with an acceptable standard of living” before the Industrial Revolution.

Allison explained that wind energy is measured based on the amount of moving air and the speed of the air as it reaches the area swe pt by the turbine blades.

The scientist calculated that, at 100 percent efficiency, if the wind blows at 10 meters per second (about 22 mph), the power is 600 watts per square meter. Hence, to deliver 3,200 million watts, the same output as Hinkley Point C—a planned zero-carbon nuclear power station in England—there would need to be 5.5 million square meters of turbine swept area.

“That should be quite unacceptable to those who care about birds and to other environmentalists,” Allison wrote.

The actual performance of the technology is much worse than the calculations made based on 100 percent efficiency, he said.

Because the power carried by the wind depends on the third power of the wind speed, if the wind drops to half speed, the power available drops by a factor of 8,” he said. “Almost worse, if the wind speed doubles, the power delivered goes up 8 times, and as a result the turbine has to be turned off for its own protection.”

Allison noted that fluctuations are considerable as he pointed to a WindEurope Report that showed the installed nominal generating capacity across the European Union and United Kingdom on a daily basis was 236 gigawatts (GW). However, the highest output in 2021 registered at 103 GW on March 26 of that year.

The unreliability extends to offshore windfarms as well. Batteries used to store power are also severely restricted by current technology. In spite of such evidence, the government keeps ignoring the numbers, said Allison.

And as I have long said, you cannot run a power grid off wind and solar.
You don't understand munchkin and when you act like a pompous little prick, nobody wants to be bothered explaining anything to you.

No, wind and solar are the whole answer and neither are EV's.

Forum List

Back