Oxford scientist, "Wind power fails..."

The utilities are getting sores of billions in direct payment subsidies, fool.
Then they are recouping their initial capital investments, aren't they. Did you have some reliable reference source for your original claim?

You do realize he is advocating for Nuclear, not Gas, Oil, or Coal for power don’t you?

Yes, but the "green" propagandists are opposed to Nuclear power.
I'm a greenie and I am in favor of nuclear power. There are a lot of greenies that are. Not a majority, perhaps, but blanket generalizations are always wrong.

s0n.......we will both be a long time in our boxes before solar/wind are anywhere near significant on the energy landscape. Just sayin'.....though who knows? Maybe you live to 135 years old and if you do, God bless you my friend! :2up:
Well, it is significant in many states now, mostly plains states, (I suppose), so the genie is out of the bottle that there can be money to be made on the Wind energy side and no going back while people are making money at it. I just don't think it is feasible in many places or to the extent necessary to be counted on to be the driving source of dependable power in this country and never will be, not even in 135 years.

Provide real time data that they are producing that.
No. Take that up with EIA or the states of Texas or maybe Iowa. I swear I have no investment in it, there is not a wind turbine generator tower over the pool and Tennessee is not a significant player, but from everything I read from the people that are supposed to know, some people and indeed whole states are producing massive amounts of electricity and money from the technology and I don't see it coming to a halt. It is beyond the point where you can kill the idea, once the power and money are being generated. I'm a realist.

No. Take that up with EIA or the states of Texas or maybe Iowa. I swear I have no investment in it, there is not a wind turbine generator tower over the pool and Tennessee is not a significant player, but from everything I read from the people that are supposed to know, some people and indeed whole states are producing massive amounts of electricity and money from the technology and I don't see it coming to a halt. It is beyond the point where you can kill the idea, once the power and money are being generated. I'm a realist.

So, you accept the claims made by companies that have been proven to lie?

Ivanpah squandered over a billion dollars and the solar side is dead. They don't maintain the mirrors and instead rely on the natural gas generation.

Yet the local solar lovers here will lie and claim it is an active solar plant.

Which it PROVABLY is not.

You need to do better.

So, you accept the claims made by companies that have been proven to lie?

Ivanpah squandered over a billion dollars and the solar side is dead. They don't maintain the mirrors and instead rely on the natural gas generation.

Yet the local solar lovers here will lie and claim it is an active solar plant.

Which it PROVABLY is not.

You need to do better.
Here is a site with the word Oil in there name. Will that help?

Here is a site with the word Oil in there name. Will that help?

A big reason for the success is GOVERNMENT SUPPORT! Did you read the link you provided?

They admit that without government support they wouldn't be successful.

So, yet again, the taxpayer's are footing the bill.

Do better. Read what you post.

A big reason for the success is GOVERNMENT SUPPORT! Did you read the link you provided?

They admit that without government support they wouldn't be successful.

So, yet again, the taxpayer's are footing the bill.

Do better. Read what you post.
Write Texas. Tell them they are cheating and make them quit.:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back