Our Church is Not Into Visions and Prophecies....

' Before I die, Jesus will come back. Our pastor is now in his mid-60s. '

Matthew 24:36​

“But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”

Matthew did not say his pastor is in his mid 60's, that was another person. What are you trying to say in American English?

“But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”

What does that mean, and why?

I mean dang, I can post stuff to eternity, with no rhyme or reason. And just call it scripture... And you have to believe me...

Jesus said many things to his Apostles who admitted that they did not fully understand what he was saying until later.

"Before you die, I will come back." Can this be taken in a variety of ways?

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you"

Matthew did not say his pastor is in his mid 60's, that was another person.

<GASP> it was?

What are you trying to say in American English?

lol ... critical thinking isn't yer forte, is it.........

What does that mean, and why?

that the good pastor should have never said that.

So you're saying that there was a scripture beforehand, that predicted what the pastor was going to falsely say?

Jesus said many things to his Apostles who admitted that they did not fully understand what he was saying until later.

"Before you die, I will come back." Can this be taken in a variety of ways?

Jesus was bodily killed; He was bodily buried in a tomb; He was bodily resurrected and bodily ascended into Heaven.

When He comes again, the Bible says "every eye will see Him". This is not a veiled meaning here.

So you're saying that there was a scripture beforehand, that predicted what the pastor was going to falsely say?

You have thus far made 19 replies to this post. You can't consolidate all these random thoughts? I'm sure USMB can't be happy with all this bandwidth used. That's first.

Second, and as ever, that's a lot of attention given to something you don't believe.

i was screwing around with you.

i'm saying he shouldn't have had that 'revelation' based on matthew's bible verse.
That's the problem with religion, ain't it? They're screwing around with you, and making you believe it... But I don't fall for that stuff.

I see no reason to question whether or not Sue's pastor heard the voice of God. I know this much. When Jesus does come there will be no more chances to repent. We all will be judged.
No worries. I have a great lawyer. The judges son.
He took care of my "fine".

You all seem like good people. I'm not here to argue with people who mean well.

my favorite bible verse is matthew 6: 5-13; too bad sooooo many people judge based on what they think religion/christiany is supposta be but can't help being hypocrites in their daily behaviors.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one

You have thus far made 19 replies to this post. You can't consolidate all these random thoughts? I'm sure USMB can't be happy with all this bandwidth used. That's first.

Second, and as ever, that's a lot of attention given to something you don't believe.
lol, i have to paste this :)

my favorite bible verse is matthew 6: 5-13; too bad sooooo many people judge based on what they think religion/christiany is supposta be but can't help being hypocrites in their daily behaviors.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one
Dude, you're doing it again...

Explain in American English. In a paragraph.

Or fire and brimstone. We're just not that kind of church. Yet my pastor says that God told him when he went into the ministry that Jesus would return in his lifetime.

He always says it matter-of-factly. No other visions, words from God, prophecies in the 13 years we have been members. Just that. Before I die, Jesus will come back. Our pastor is now in his mid-60s.

Looking at world events now--wow. It is easy to believe.

Get right with God, readers.
So when the pastor dies, and god hasn't come back.....he won't have to answer any uncomfortable questions about where is god?

Forum List

Back