Our Big Bang and Universe is really nothing special

This is the problem with pop sci, they give you all those impressions that are just flat wrong as is the idea that the 'big bang theory' has suddenly been overturned. It hasn't. Nor will it be anytime soon. What does happen is small changes to the theory to account for new information we are getting at the bleeding edge of our understanding. Like has been happening for a very long time in astrophysics. I cant think of the last major theory that was overturned in that field.

The definition of force ... I can't think of anything more fundamental to any and all science ... Newton gave us "action from a distance", Faraday gave us "field of force" ... we use the latter today ...

Great explanation of what a scientific theory is ... these latest Nobel Prize winning discoveries about the expansion of the universe only corrects a small part of the Big Bang Theory ... (or maybe not so small, they did issue a Nobel Prize for the discovery after all) ... so that part of the theory has been re-written ... though I think mythological particles of some previously unknown energy type need more work ... it'll serve for now, it's just a theory, not religion ...

Theories are written in pencil ... so we can erase the parts that don't work ... see how the New and Improved Big Bang Theory now correctly says the universe is still inflating? ... instead of slowing down due to gravity ... "surprise surprise surprise Sgt Carter" ...

Forum List

Back