Oregon Lawmaker Faces Expulsion In Assault On State Capitol

A republican politician is exposed for helping far right rioters enter the Oregon Capitol.

He is caught on video opening the door to the far right wingers. Who then entered and attacked the police with chemical irritants. The police prevailed and got them out of the capitol.

Outside the far right rioters broke windows on the capitol and assaulted journalists.

Now he faces possibly being expelled from the Oregon congress.

We will have to wait to see what happens.

Sounds like they only need 2 republicans to cross the line and the guy is history.
Looks like I was right. They kicked their traitor against their state government out by 59 to 1 vote.
And the one vote in his favorite was his own

So want want the end of the America we all love ( excepting you) and you saw Trump as your means to that end.

We agree on something
Please continue to fool yourself into believing that so many more people are on your side of the fence than mine. There are far more of US than you want to believe.

The United States I loved died a century and a half ago. It’s time a new America rose. One based not on Liberal or Conservative politics but on Americanism.

Trump was the first step in a long walk. We’ve come up momentarily lame with this Biden-Harris administration in power, but we will continue on.

The United States I loved died a century and a half ago.

Ummm?
You may wanna re-think that one, poster Anathema.

As I read it, you loved.....and perhaps still love.....a dead country.
More curiously, a dead country that was dead long before you ever showed up in it.

Well, that seems to me kinda like loving a history book, a myth, a rumor, or a long-dead movie actress.

In other words, you say you love something that ain't real today.
You love something that you've only read about, been told about, or watched in a movie.

In my humble opinion, that doesn't sound like something firmly grounded in reality.

But, you be you.
I guess.

As I read it, you loved.....and perhaps still love.....a dead country.
More curiously, a dead country that was dead long before you ever showed up in it.

Well, that seems to me kinda like loving a history book, a myth, a rumor, or a long-dead movie actress.

In other words, you say you love something that ain't real today.
You love something that you've only read about, been told about, or watched in a movie
I love something my family helped to Found. Something they sweated for, killed for, and died for. For the Ideals and Values that I was taught this nation was supposed to embody.

Later on other parts of my family came here embracing those same ideological standards; even after they’d begun to erode, in the hopes that the country may find its way back into a more solid foundation.

That hasn’t happened. so now it’s time to test the old, decrepit building down and to rebuild a new nation in its place.

It's still a crime to enter a public building with the intent of committing a crime
What crime would that be, exactly? These politicians need to have the Fear of the Public put back in their hearts and their minds. At every second they should be aware that their thoughts, words and actions may be observed by their employees, with potentially unpleasant consequences.
Con-tinuing with physical threats.
Don't be such a snowflake. He is behind a computer, he cannot hurt you.
Projection there, hun.
??? You’re the one worried about physical threats from someone behind a computer. Not I .

"I love something my family helped to Found. Something they sweated for, killed for, and died for. For the Ideals and Values that I was taught this nation was supposed to embody."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's cool, Anathema.
So many other American families ..... for generations....have done the same.

However, this chimera of America that you think you love died, (your words, not mine) about 6 generations ago (again, per you).
So, what you think you know of THAT America is from books, movies, or what 5 or 6 generations of your family have passed down with whatever degree of accuracy such can be.
You personally have no experience with this imagined America of long ago. You state as much yourself.

And therein lies the rub.
Love ain't like that.
Love is experience. Of living that experience. Of doing it in real time. At the time. The good, the bad, the pretty and ugly. Living that is what creates, earns, and tests ....love.
Love ain't a dreamy fantasy of long long ago. THAT is merely imaginings.

So, my take on it is that you are comforting yourself with a fantasy, but using it today as some sort of safe space for launching criticism for whatever you don't like about today's America.

For my taste, I kinda like Americans who want to do what they can ....today, in their lifetime.....to help make America a more perfect union.

Just sayin'.

ou personally have no experience with this imagined America of long ago. You state as much yourself.

And therein lies the rub.
Love ain't like that.
Love is experience. Of living that experience. Of doing it in real time. At the time. The good, the bad, the pretty and ugly. Living that is what creates, earns, and tests ....love.
Love ain't a dreamy fantasy of long long ago. THAT is merely imaginings.

So, my take on it is that you are comforting yourself with a fantasy, but using it today as some sort of safe space for launching criticism for whatever you don't like about today's America.

For my taste, I kinda like Americans who want to do what they can ....today, in their lifetime.....to help make America a more perfect union
Love probably isn’t the best word. Especially since I don’t actually believe in Love. It’s the one I use most often because it is the easiest and closest that I can come to what I mean without having to explain things to people. A better word/phrase might be “Aspire to”. That is the America that I aspire to see this nation become again.

I hate this America. Just taking a look at the news makes me nauseous on a daily basis; regardless of whether it’s local, National or world nees. It’s so bad that I’d move in an instant if it was possible to find somewhere decent.
The only way I see at this point to fix this nation is to burn it down and start all over again from scratch without a Union, perfect or not.

"That is the America that I aspire to see this nation become again.

I hate this America. Just taking a look at the news makes me nauseous on a daily basis; regardless of whether it’s local, National or world nees. It’s so bad that I’d move in an instant if it was possible to find somewhere decent."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, to be clear, it is not my intention to focus on just your posts, poster Anathema.
But, you offer some concepts that we see often enough on this venue that do need a tire-kicking, if not an autopsy.
That is, the anger and disappointment in the America we have.
And. it seems, a pining for an America that some believe was better and nicer....way back when.

Hell, there is nothing wrong in wanting it better. To change things to the degree we can to make it better.
After all, it is in our Constitutional DNA ----"To form a more perfect union".

So, I ain't offering pushback to you for wanting a more perfect union.
Rather, I am skeptical that it was better before.

Some things?
Oh sure.
But a lot of other things...important things.....well, it is better now than ever before: medicine, healthcare, transportation, communication, societal safety-nets, etc.

My problem though with some critics of today is that they are wallowing in a misperceived nostalgia for a yesterday that may not have existed at all.

And, in some cases, such as you confess......a 'yesterday' that you yourself never experienced ("150 years ago").

In short, some critics miss something that may never have existed. Except as a goal, an aspiration.

And if that is what it is --- a goal.
Well, those goalposts may not have moved at all.
America is still a 'land of opportunity'. Maybe not 'milk & honey'.....but it offers more promise, more freedom, than most other of the world's options. In the event anyone wants to move.

Poster Anathema, you say yourself....you would move "if it was possible to find somewhere decent".

You may have made my point with that plaint.

Peace. :thup:

But, you offer some concepts that we see often enough on this venue that do need a tire-kicking, if not an autopsy.
That is, the anger and disappointment in the America we have.
And. it seems, a pining for an America that some believe was better and nicer....way back when.
For me it’s not Better or Worse; it’s Right vs Wrong. The ideals of today are so different than the ideals of the past that it isn’t a matter of a scale of righteousness but rather Good vs Evil.
Rather, I am skeptical that it was better before.

Some things?
Oh sure.
But a lot of other things...important things.....well, it is better now than ever before: medicine, healthcare, transportation, communication, societal safety-nets, etc
We are far more advanced than we were in the past. Thst I won’t deny. Is that better… not always. Especially when we’re expected to provide these things for people who’ve done nothing to earn them.
America is still a 'land of opportunity'. Maybe not 'milk & honey'.....but it offers more promise, more freedom, than most other of the world's options. In the event anyone wants to move.

Poster Anathema, you say yourself....you would move "if it was possible to find somewhere decent
America is supposed to be the land of Equal Opportunity. It has turned into a land where Equality of RESULTS (equity)is the societal goal instead. Thst is not something I believe is good on any level.,

America WAS the last hope for humanity. Now we’re pretty much fucked as a species.

Forum List

Back