Oregon decriminalizes hard drugs, legalizes magic mushrooms

I've never inhaled either of those.

thm_univac_1219_module_cabinet.jpg
You don't inhale Peyote, you eat Peyote.
Ahh, you like the UNIVAC 1219 too. Water cooling cause of core memory, lose water cooling you get melted core memory.
Sure, the ENIAC was what my mom worked on first though.
"Clock time, 2 microseconds."
About the time it takes for my dog's farts to stink up the entire house.

{In reality, I have no dog. But it would hunt if I did.}

"Bring back analog."
Exactly.

I really don't care what people knowingly put into their bodies. It's not my business. It's their freedom. Alcohol, tobacco, por, illegal drugs, opiates, heck even sugar has horrific effects on the body. Not to mention toxic fast food. Yet people choose to consume it and they are free too. They know it's bad for them. But it doesn't affect me what they do themselves.
What people do to themselves doesn't impact other people? Trying telling that to my cousins who lost their dad to a drunk driver on July 29, 2011.

God bless you and my family who is still here always!!!

Holly
Yeah, that's not what initforme was saying. Bless your heart. Gesundheit!

I see you conveniently missed the part where the article said that Overdose deaths went from nearly one a day to 30 in a year.

Nice, that's great. I didn't convienently miss that part..I felt I didn't need to acknowledge it. Considering it isn't what I asked you to provide evidence of.

Remember you said earlier in this post that "crimes associated with drug addiction have gone down in countries that have legalized heroin and other hard drugs."

You said that. I am not asking about deaths from overdose. I am asking you to find the evidence to support that claim..

You made a response in refute to a statement I made..now I am asking you to provide evidence to support your claim. That's how this works..Understand now?

Do you need more?

Yeah..I do. I need the actual studies showing what you contend to be true. That crimes where drugs are present, or are committed by an addict have decreased in the countries that have legalized drugs, such as cocaine and heroin.
So you're cherry picking.

But you're worried about petty crime like B&E or shoplifting when in all reality the worst of the drug related crimes are not perpetrated by the addict but by the dealers and suppliers.

The evidence presented in this brief suggests that legalization of marijuana for medical or recreational use results in:

1. Patients substituting marijuana for other drugs, including opiates.

2. Marijuana consumers substituting legitimate marijuana for illicit marijuana.

3. A significant reduction in crimes associated with marijuana production, distribution, sale and possession.

4. Reductions in other crimes, including some property and violent crimes.

Dude...I am not "cherry picking".

I am asking you to provide evidence to support your claims that in countries where they have legalized hard drugs such as cocaine and heroin..crimes involving drugs, or resulting from substance abuse have gone down.

You just keep moving the goal posts..now talking about legalized marijuana in the states. Which has nothing to do with the claim you made.

Either provide the data to support your claims, or just STFU.

Last edited:
I really don't care what people knowingly put into their bodies. It's not my business. It's their freedom. Alcohol, tobacco, por, illegal drugs, opiates, heck even sugar has horrific effects on the body. Not to mention toxic fast food. Yet people choose to consume it and they are free too. They know it's bad for them. But it doesn't affect me what they do themselves.
What people do to themselves doesn't impact other people? Trying telling that to my cousins who lost their dad to a drunk driver on July 29, 2011.

Holly
They said "It doesn't affect me what they do themselves." If what is done leads them to getting hurt or worse, then it does affect them.

God bless all of you always!!!

Holly

Holly
I am sorry for the loss of Uncle.
Thank you. He was actually a cousin too.

Holly
They said "It doesn't affect me what they do themselves." If what is done leads them to getting hurt or worse, then it does affect them.

God bless all of you always!!!

Holly

I see you conveniently missed the part where the article said that Overdose deaths went from nearly one a day to 30 in a year.

Nice, that's great. I didn't convienently miss that part..I felt I didn't need to acknowledge it. Considering it isn't what I asked you to provide evidence of.

Remember you said earlier in this post that "crimes associated with drug addiction have gone down in countries that have legalized heroin and other hard drugs."

You said that. I am not asking about deaths from overdose. I am asking you to find the evidence to support that claim..

You made a response in refute to a statement I made..now I am asking you to provide evidence to support your claim. That's how this works..Understand now?

Do you need more?

Yeah..I do. I need the actual studies showing what you contend to be true. That crimes where drugs are present, or are committed by an addict have decreased in the countries that have legalized drugs, such as cocaine and heroin.
So you're cherry picking.

But you're worried about petty crime like B&E or shoplifting when in all reality the worst of the drug related crimes are not perpetrated by the addict but by the dealers and suppliers.

The evidence presented in this brief suggests that legalization of marijuana for medical or recreational use results in:

1. Patients substituting marijuana for other drugs, including opiates.

2. Marijuana consumers substituting legitimate marijuana for illicit marijuana.

3. A significant reduction in crimes associated with marijuana production, distribution, sale and possession.

4. Reductions in other crimes, including some property and violent crimes.

Dude...I am not "cherry picking".

I am asking you to provide evidence to support your claims that in countries where they have legalized hard drugs such as cocaine and heroin..crimes involving drugs, or resulting from substance abuse have gone down.

You just keep moving the goal posts..now talking about legalized marijuana in the states. Which has nothing to do with the claim you made.

Either provide the data to support your claims, or just STFU.
They are not my claims they are the claims of people who wrote the many articles I have linked to.

They are not my claims they are the claims of people who wrote the many articles I have linked to.

But nothing you linked actually backs up the claim you made that "in countries that have legalized hard drugs (cocaine and heroin) the crime rates associated with hard drugs/substance abuse have gone down."

No where in any of the garbage you linked are there statistics to support that statement, which YOU made.

So yes, it is YOUR claim.

And like I keep saying link the evidence to support your claims.. or shut the fuck up.

Obvious you can't. Or you would have by now. Stop deflecting, moving the goal posts, and wasting both of our time.

It seems you are one of these last word assholes..who even when they are wrong won't just shut the fuck up, and/or admit they are wrong.

I am not like that.. provide me with the studies backing up your claims, and I will admit you were right, and move on.

But keep bullshitting, and deflecting..
And I will keep replying, making you look increasingly foolish each time.

But nothing you linked actually backs up the claim you made that "in countries that have legalized hard drugs (cocaine and heroin) the crime rates associated with hard drugs/substance abuse have gone down."

No where in any of the garbage you linked are there statistics to support that statement, which YOU made.

So yes, it is YOUR claim.

And like I keep saying link the evidence to support your claims.. or shut the fuck up.

Obvious you can't. Or you would have by now. Stop deflecting, moving the goal posts, and wasting both of our time.

It seems you are one of these last word assholes..who even when they are wrong won't just shut the fuck up, and/or admit they are wrong.

I am not like that.. provide me with the studies backing up your claims, and I will admit you were right, and move on.

But keep bullshitting, and deflecting..
And I will keep replying, making you look increasingly foolish each time.

Take it up with the authors of the 7 or 8 articles I linked to.

But here's something to think about.

In Portugal the number of drug users overall has decreased. Therefore the number of addicts has decreased because they are actually getting treatment rather than being thrown in jail.

If there are fewer addicts then there are fewer people committing crimes to support their addiction.

I don't need a study to figure that out.

Last edited:
violent crimes also tend to drop when drugs are legal.

Your scenario of increasing crime rates and increasing addiction doesn't play out in countries that have decriminalized drugs.

Hey, dipshit! This is the statement you made. I looked thru ALL your links. None of them have statistics contained within to back up this claim.

You are fucking disingenuous, arguing in bad faith liar.

Have a nice fucking day asshole. :dev3:

violent crimes also tend to drop when drugs are legal.

Your scenario of increasing crime rates and increasing addiction doesn't play out in countries that have decriminalized drugs.

Hey, dipshit! This is the statement you made. I looked thru ALL your links. None of them have statistics contained within to back up this claim.

You are fucking disingenuous, arguing in bad faith liar.

Have a nice fucking day asshole. :dev3:

I can't help it if you're too fucking dense to understand that if there are fewer addicts then there will be fewer people committing crimes to support their addiction.

I've never inhaled either of those.

thm_univac_1219_module_cabinet.jpg
You don't inhale Peyote, you eat Peyote.
Ahh, you like the UNIVAC 1219 too. Water cooling cause of core memory, lose water cooling you get melted core memory.
Sure, the ENIAC was what my mom worked on first though.
"Clock time, 2 microseconds."
About the time it takes for my dog's farts to stink up the entire house.

{In reality, I have no dog. But it would hunt if I did.}

"Bring back analog."
Exactly.
We are entering the End Times.

The Word for Sorcery is the Greek Root for Pharmaceuticals. Read and Learn. Legalizing Recreational Drug use is a sing of The End times and approach of AntiChrist and the 2nd return of Christ.

Here is a snippet from the article:

PHARMAKEIA Deception
Revelation chapter 18 gives a description of the fall of Babylon and in verse 23 it gives us the reason why all nations were deceived. This may be shocking for many people. Let’s read what the Bible says. Referring to the fall of Babylon Revelation 18:23 says “And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.”

By the “sorceries” of Babylon all nations were deceived. The Greek word for “sorceries” in verse 23 is “pharmakeia” [far-mak-i’-ah]. According to the Thayer Greek Dictionary “pharmakeia” is “the use or administering of drugs; poisoning; and sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it.” If you put the original Greek word “pharmakeia” in place of the English word “sorceries” the end of verse 23 would say, “For by thy pharmakeia were ALL nations deceived”! “Pharmakeia” is where we get our English word “pharmacy”! Pharmacy is a well organized and professionalized system that administers poisonous drugs. The Bible reveals that Babylon will deceive all nations by the use of pharmacy that is in connection to “magical arts” and idolatry. “Magical arts” has its deep roots in witchcraft and the occultic world. We don’t have to do a deep Bible study to know that Satan is directly behind the magical arts and God’s people should have nothing to do with it. Professed deceived Christians today use “magical arts” under the disguise of contemplative prayer, “christian” humanism, and spiritual formation. In general those involved in sorcery, witchcraft, and magic are known to use “magic” potions to “heal”, deceive, poison, control, or kill someone.

Pharmacy mainly uses a mixture of toxic chemicals, metals, and/or synthetic elements to produce “pharmaceuticals” that are designed to manipulate the biochemistry or metabolic functions of the body in an attempt to get a “desired” affect in the treatment of a disease or sickness. In other words, pharmacy mixes up different types of poison, package it, patent it, and claims that it can treat certain types of diseases. The main problem with that system is that poison is poison. Pharmaceutical drugs are poisonous. When poison is put into the body it has negative effects on the entire body system from head to toe. These are not just “side effects” or “unintended” sicknesses or diseases that a person suffers as a result of using a drug. These are “direct effects” because the reality is that drugs have direct effects on the entire body system including the brain. When you go back to Revelation 18:23, Jesus uses the Greek word “pharmakeia” to reveal to us the main thing that will be used to deceive ALL people in the last days is a well organized system of administering poisonous drugs to billions of people that are not only toxic to the organs of body, but have direct negative effects on the brain. Many of these drugs used for a variety of reasons are known to cause problems with memory, mood, and contribute to negative personality changes.
1604782090454.png

I can't help it if you're too fucking dense to understand that if there are fewer addicts then there will be fewer people committing crimes to support their addiction.

That would be nice..If it wasn't just a fantasy that you want to desperately believe to support your unfounded claims...

And to that point, unlike you..I can link to a source that shows you to be not 100% correct in your false assumptions..

Like this one..that discusses the flaws in the determination of the stats Portugal is citing to support it's claims of success 16 Years Later: What Happened After Portugal Decriminalized Drugs in 2001? | Leafly

See that part where it says homicides increased by 60% in Portugal in the 6 years after decriminalization? And the part where homicides are still up more than 10% what they were prior to decriminalization?

Also the part where it says that most people caught with hard drugs are no longer consider addicts by the Portuguese government/law enforcement, and all addiction services are voluntary? Hmmm...? Draws into question how Portugal is reporting the stats regarding their drug addiction success stories over there..Don't ya think?

So yeah..give that a read, and see that it shoots holes in the bullshit ship that the Portuguese government are floating. Probably similar situations of BS statistics being propagated in the rest of these European countries that have decriminalized hard drugs, and are vested in trying to prove it works.

Also, many of these European governments are providing addicts with the very drugs (or substitutes) they are craving so badly. Essentially creating a demographic of government funded drug dependents(which I pointed out to you earlier, and you ignored). Are we going to do that in Oregon?

Because like I said initially (the statement that started this whole back and forth), if you aren't going to give addicts free crack and heroin..then where are they going to get it? Methadone doesn't work...I know this for a fact. My sister has been on it for years and still uses heroin regularly, she just gets free methadone now too.

And methadone as a treatment seems to have not curbed the ever increasing numbers of opiate/heroin addicts in the country..

So, not sure why you think offering that to people as an option (when you just made heroin no longer a crime to abuse) is going to suddenly make them consider methadone as treatment?

So again I ask you..who is going to give the criminal addicts their free drugs? And now that it's decriminalized, becoming increasingly acceptable, creating more addicts...What do you think they will do when they aren't getting enough of their free drugs?

You can't just compare European countries to the United States, and what they are doing there, to here. It's not the same.

Lastly, the link provided shows also that just because less people are supposedly being incarcerated for "drug offenses" doesn't necessarily mean there is less drug related crime..

"The criminal landscape has certainly changed, but it doesn’t seem to be growing smaller. Incarcerations have risen slightly from 2001 to 2012 despite the fact that fewer than half as many people are now incarcerated for drug crimes. Those who are pro-decriminalization often point to this statistic as a sign that police are now unburdened from their duties in persecuting small drug offenses, and are now able to tackle more substantial crime. Others argue that lax drug laws have led to more crime, and back up their claim by referencing the growing underground population reported by undercover agents interviewed in the study What Can We Learn From the Portuguese Decriminalization of Illicit Drugs?"

Last edited:
Along with pot of course, Oregon will now be the country's mecca for stoners and hardcore addicts.

Oregon becomes the first state to decriminalize hard drugs like cocaine and heroin

A nationwide push to relax drug laws took a significant step forward Tuesday as voters made Oregon the first state to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. Meanwhile, five more states legalized marijuana for adults.

The drug measures were among 120 proposed state laws and constitutional amendments that were on the ballot in 32 states. They touched on an array of issues that have roiled politics in recent years - voting rights, racial inequalities, abortion, taxes and education, to name a few.

But none directly dealt with the dominant theme of 2020 - the coronavirus pandemic. That's because the process to put measures on the ballot began, in most cases, before the virus surged to the forefront.

No Federal Dollars to treat addicts.

Forum List

Back