Oregon decriminalizes hard drugs, legalizes magic mushrooms

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Along with pot of course, Oregon will now be the country's mecca for stoners and hardcore addicts.

Oregon becomes the first state to decriminalize hard drugs like cocaine and heroin

A nationwide push to relax drug laws took a significant step forward Tuesday as voters made Oregon the first state to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of street drugs such as cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine. Meanwhile, five more states legalized marijuana for adults.

The drug measures were among 120 proposed state laws and constitutional amendments that were on the ballot in 32 states. They touched on an array of issues that have roiled politics in recent years - voting rights, racial inequalities, abortion, taxes and education, to name a few.

But none directly dealt with the dominant theme of 2020 - the coronavirus pandemic. That's because the process to put measures on the ballot began, in most cases, before the virus surged to the forefront.

No doubt you approve of the drug addict state
Yes I do. It's called choice. I could do drugs like that ( we musicians are famous for drug use ) but I CHOOSE not to.
See how that works?

Know what's interesting......

You're ALL FOR heavy handed government control......except when it comes to ruining lives

Moral Narcissist folks. People who couldn't care less how their actions affect others....AS LONG AS...it makes them "feel good"

You're ALL FOR heavy handed government control.
Am I?
Of the two of us who wants to control a woman's decision about her reproductive health?
Of the two of us who wants to control how we vote?
Of the two of us who wants to control how and where we protest?
Republicans are and always been about control.
You know this.

Am I?
Of the two of us who wants to control a woman's decision about her reproductive health?

Which one of us thinks women should decide not to get pregnant if she doesn't want a child?
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is just a bridge too far for ya huh?
We won't even go into detail about the Moral Narcissism involved in the feel good of having sex vs the life of a child.
You people are EXTREME moral Narcissists.

Easy - Your side CLEARLY does 99% of all the election fraud.....so there's your answer
Election after election, Democrats are caught cheating in every way conceivable.
in fact, you can't win without cheating.

Shall I post 10,000 pictures of your "PEACEFUL Protests" ????

You know this.

I know no such nonsense.
Republicans have ALWAYS been all about personal liberty......but it must be bridled with PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Again a bridge too far for you.

What you and yours desire is complete freedom from personal responsibility and utter gratification at any and all costs.
A mentality totally destructive to ANY productive society
Republicans are the ONLY glue holding this society together.

I would prefer this be done differently all together. I would prefer a way to get people off drugs like heroin without arresting them but I prefer this over the ability of the state to violently arrest you.

Legalize it, and people end up using it more:

That's what happened with booze. Usage of alcohol declined precipitously during Prohibition, along with death rates from Cirrhosis OTL.

And it isn't a coincidence that AA started in Ohio in 1935 shortly after the 21st Amendment was ratified as judges needed the program to sentence DUI offenders to .

But you can't get decent pain meds after an operation, nnnooooo, you dear citizen might abuse them, yeah that's it.

Who can't? Doctors are reluctant to give out a large number to get you addicted but you can still get everything you have always been able to get.
Oh please they hand you the crap first and then treat you like a criminal. Same as MN.. BUT FEEL FREE to coke up. Surely you see the insanity.

But you can't get decent pain meds after an operation, nnnooooo, you dear citizen might abuse them, yeah that's it.

Who can't? Doctors are reluctant to give out a large number to get you addicted but you can still get everything you have always been able to get.
Oh please they hand you the crap first and then treat you like a criminal. Same as MN.. BUT FEEL FREE to coke up. Surely you see the insanity.

I don't participate in any drugs but attack the person as opposed to the argument.

After noting that, yes, I agree and why I support what is going on here. The medical community did addict thousands and then the authoritarians arrested them.

Several threads of thought on this one. First. Every single study has shown that treatment provides better results far more cheaply than incarceration. This is but one.

So if you are a fiscal conservative than saving money and getting better results is obviously preferred. If you are determined to get people off drugs than treatment is more effective. But why worry about effective? I mean it just feels good to send them to prison right?

Then there is the libertarian view. As long as you aren’t hurting anyone else. Do whatever you want. That is the literal definition of freedom. So if you are pro Freedom, you would support it right? Or not. Fuck Freedom. Obey the law.

So what is the argument in favor of putting people in jail for drugs. It isn’t efficacy. We know that. It isn’t freedom. We know that. So what is your reason? Drugs are bad for the user? So is fast food. We must criminalize it. Ban red meat. Alcohol is also bad for us. We banned that. It did not work out so well. Exhaust from many sources creates pollution. That is bad for us. Coal smoke is bad for us. And only people who hate America want to ban it. Radiation is bad for us but we demand the right to put radioactive sights on our weapons.

So it being bad for you is not the reason. So what is the reason?

I don't participate in any drugs but attack the person as opposed to the argument.

After noting that, yes, I agree and why I support what is going on here. The medical community did addict thousands and then the authoritarians arrested them.
Bs ...your opioid crisis was conjured up, most of your addicts were street addicts. Been proven. People are committing suicide so others can feel righteous in solving a nonexistent problem. Wonder how much money the budding pot industry shoveled I to Congress to achieve this.

You're ALL FOR heavy handed government control.
Am I?
You know this.
wrong...its the demonrats that want to control you...wake up already

Forum List

Back