Oregon decriminalizes hard drugs, legalizes magic mushrooms

The fact that so many people use drugs says something about the nation and the stress they are constantly under.

The fact that so many people use drugs says something about the nation and the stress they are constantly under.

Maybe. Coffee is a drug. Alcohol is a drug. The boundary we put between whats okay and what's not is arbitrary. And often, irrational.

It's not a maybe. Look at the millions and millions on anxiety and depression meds....something is wrong in america....too many demands too little vacation time.

My point is you are very particular in what crimes you want to condemn.

No, not really. Crimes committed by weak willed individuals who made poor life choices, so they can further indulge in their selfish habits..Yes. I am going to condemn those.

Again your "point" (if it could even be considered one) is off topic to the subject at hand.

A topic which has zero to do with what types of crimes I am willing to condemn..

As well as having nothing to do with Trump, or whatever your dumbass Trump University link is talking about.

Anyone stupid enough to give money, or take loans to attend an online college should be expecting to get ripped off anyways.

I see you conveniently missed the part where the article said that Overdose deaths went from nearly one a day to 30 in a year.

Nice, that's great. I didn't convienently miss that part..I felt I didn't need to acknowledge it. Considering it isn't what I asked you to provide evidence of.

Remember you said earlier in this post that "crimes associated with drug addiction have gone down in countries that have legalized heroin and other hard drugs."

You said that. I am not asking about deaths from overdose. I am asking you to find the evidence to support that claim..

You made a response in refute to a statement I made..now I am asking you to provide evidence to support your claim. That's how this works..Understand now?

Do you need more?

Yeah..I do. I need the actual studies showing what you contend to be true. That crimes where drugs are present, or are committed by an addict have decreased in the countries that have legalized drugs, such as cocaine and heroin.

It's not a maybe. Look at the millions and millions on anxiety and depression meds....something is wrong in america....too many demands too little vacation time.
Too soft of a life. People who have a constant struggle just to survive aren't into distorting reality

High times in Oregon!

Voters in Oregon have passed a measure legalizing controlled, therapeutic use of psilocybin mushrooms, as well as a measure decriminalizing possession of small amounts of heroin, cocaine, LSD, oxycodone and some other drugs.
They’ve also approved measures on cigarette taxes and political contributions.

In other news..they tacked a $2.00 a pack tax on Cigarettes..'cause they're bad for you!

Last edited:
Throwing people in prison for pot is a complete waste of space and time. There is no other way to look at it. It's as popular as an ice cold beer. Americans are stressed and under duress. They look for outlets. I'm not saying drugs are a good outlet but anxiety is rampant in america. People running around all the time. It's insanity when you look at it.

It's about time someone realized that fighting the war on drugs by concentrating on the street level dealers/users was not doing anything good. Americans can still get all the drugs they want in spite of their decades long war on personal freedom

Throwing people in prison for pot is a complete waste of space and time. There is no other way to look at it. It's as popular as an ice cold beer. Americans are stressed and under duress. They look for outlets. I'm not saying drugs are a good outlet but anxiety is rampant in america. People running around all the time. It's insanity when you look at it.
For pot..sure..not so sure about hard drugs..with the addiction potentials and health risks..but it's their state.

I'm more amused at the logic that penalizes cigarettes..while giving a green light to Heroin!

For pot..sure..not so sure about hard drugs..with the addiction potentials and health risks..but it's their state.

I'm more amused at the logic that penalizes cigarettes..while giving a green light to Heroin!
The logic is that cigarette taxes are really the only tax that can be hiked without a big political cost to the politicians who do it.

I really don't care what people knowingly put into their bodies. It's not my business. It's their freedom. Alcohol, tobacco, por, illegal drugs, opiates, heck even sugar has horrific effects on the body. Not to mention toxic fast food. Yet people choose to consume it and they are free too. They know it's bad for them. But it doesn't affect me what they do themselves.

Heroin is legal but pumping your gas is illegal, in Oregon. Wow!
Decriminalization is not the same thing as legalization.
This is true..there is a $100 fine for small amounts of hard stuff....which can be waived if the person seeks treatment.
Also..as to the magic mushrooms..they were approved for mental health uses..not recreational.

As if Oregon isn't deranged enough already.
My friend from Washington said Oregonians are strange. He said this 50 years ago. I did an extended project for HP in Corvallis and he was right.

Heroin is legal but pumping your gas is illegal, in Oregon. Wow!
Decriminalization is not the same thing as legalization.
This is true..there is a $100 fine for small amounts of hard stuff....which can be waived if the person seeks treatment.
Also..as to the magic mushrooms..they were approved for mental health uses..not recreational.
It's been 20 years since I did shrooms but they actually do hit the reset button on depression.

Forum List

Back